Please or Register to create posts and topics.

YouTube Commenting

Please review valid comments on your YouTube videos that YouTube's algorithms flagged as spam.

Hello. Thanks for the feedback. I do go in periodically and approve any flagged messages. If you're the one who emailed me earlier, I didn't find your comments in my spam section. I may have to contact youtube support to see what's going on with that. I enjoy everyone's comments and want to make sure they show up.

Thanks

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on April 17, 2021, 2:55 am

Hello. Thanks for the feedback. I do go in periodically and approve any flagged messages. If you're the one who emailed me earlier, I didn't find your comments in my spam section. I may have to contact youtube support to see what's going on with that. I enjoy everyone's comments and want to make sure they show up.

Strange. Yes, that was me. I tried again just recently, adding a comment with no reason to be rejected. It was gone within minutes. I have read that the only reason for this to happen is YouTube's overly-aggressive spam filter. But if none of my attempts are being flagged for your review, it means something else is wrong. I have frankly given up.

I don't blame you. That's frustrating.

Google support wasn't very helpful. They did an examine of my account along with that specific neowise video and the comment (I showed them I could see you left a comment in my notifications, but that it didn't show in my video or my Held for Review section). They just said everything looks fine, your comment was either deleted by you (I told them it wasn't) or it was removed for violating YouTube policy, in which case it wouldn't even show up on my spam filter. I have no idea why YouTube would do that. I saw half the content of your message in my notification screen so I know it wasn't spam and nothing in it looked remotely like spam.

There ya have it. When smart tech becomes so smart it's dumb.

Like I said before, I get plenty of real spam with links to scam sites that pass right through their filters and I have to manually delete them. So strange.

Happy snappin' 🙂

Everyone except YouTube agrees that their spam filter sucks.

Okay, one last try. I (Alen K) just now added a comment to your Neowise video. It says "Nice video. (Although I mean that sincerely, this comment is also a test. Let's see what happens to it.)"

BTW, how  do I sign up for your forum so that I that I will no longer be identified as "Guest." I just haven't been able to figure it out.

Quote from Guest on April 21, 2021, 2:10 am

Okay, one last try. I (Alen K) just now added a comment to your Neowise video. It says "Nice video. (Although I mean that sincerely, this comment is also a test. Let's see what happens to it.)"

BTW, how  do I sign up for your forum so that I that I will no longer be identified as "Guest." I just haven't been able to figure it out.

I saw it that time! Replied to it on YT.

To register for the forum go up to the blue toolbar at the top of the forum (if you are on mobile press the button with three lines to open menu). Click register. You should be able to make an account from scratch or use your Google or Facebook account sign on if that's helpful.

Happy snappin' 🙂

I added another comment to your reply. That one disappeared. It was longer and included a link to one of my own Astrotracer comet images (which you probably already saw if you looked through my Astrobin gallery). But I'm not sure it was the link that did it because (a) There are comments on your video with embedded links in them, (b) I have successfully included links in comments on other videos and (c) I tried to enter versions of my original comment with no link, but they all disappeared anway. I also thought they might have been nuked because in each I had used the full name for the comet (c/2020 F3 NEOWISE). Maybe that is something YouTube's filter thinks is bad. But in the last message I did not. I simply wrote "comet." I have no idea why YouTube killed my latest comment or any of the others. Something is setting it off but I have no idea what. Maybe it's random! 😀

Re registering, on an iPad (both new Gen 8 version and older Gen 4 version) I don't see a "register" option when I click the three lines (Safari browser or Chrome). I don't see it using Safari on an iPhone 11 either I will check on my PC later.

Quote from Guest on April 22, 2021, 12:35 am

I added another comment to your reply. That one disappeared. It was longer and included a link to one of my own Astrotracer comet images (which you probably already saw if you looked through my Astrobin gallery). But I'm not sure it was the link that did it because (a) There are comments on your video with embedded links in them, (b) I have successfully included links in comments on other videos and (c) I tried to enter versions of my original comment with no link, but they all disappeared anway. I also thought they might have been nuked because in each I had used the full name for the comet (c/2020 F3 NEOWISE). Maybe that is something YouTube's filter thinks is bad. But in the last message I did not. I simply wrote "comet." I have no idea why YouTube killed my latest comment or any of the others. Something is setting it off but I have no idea what. Maybe it's random! 😀

Re registering, on an iPad (both new Gen 8 version and older Gen 4 version) I don't see a "register" option when I click the three lines (Safari browser or Chrome). I don't see it using Safari on an iPhone 11 either I will check on my PC later.

Seems random... No idea why YT is doing that.

Ah, I went back on my phone and checked again. There are two hamburger (three lines) menus. One is for the main bar for the page next  to the website search bar and should show forum, store, youtube channel, etc. The one you need to click is the lighter blue colored one down below under the forum header. That will show options like forum, activity, login and register.

Thanks for helping me see that. It's a confusing setup to have both of them stacked like that without a clear indication of what they are for. I'll add that on my list of things to try to update.

Happy snappin' 🙂

Well, at least we sorted the registration out. Thanks. 🙂