Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Yo!

My name is Cameron. I found the snappiness YouTube channel recently and followed the links here. I think Spider-Man had a more interesting origin story but I'll let you be the judge of that. 

I'm an amateur photographer in Massachusetts, a bit of an omnivore when it comes to subject matter, but I gravitate towards street and macro. My main rig is a Sony with a variety vintage or adapted lenses hanging off of it. Recently I bought the Olympus E-300 and I have been CCD-pilled in a big way. I love talking about gear but I love looking at your photos 100x more than that. 

As for links, you can find me here:

Website

Flickr

Insta

I've been looking for a cool supportive niche photography community and I'm hoping this is the place. Thanks for having me!

Greetings.  Followed you on Flickr.  Love your website, really nice. Great photos. 

Went to Boston twice about a decade ago for a little footrace you folks put on. Did my fair share of wandering around and really felt comfortable (I am from Chicago area). It's a wonderful city, with lots of nice people. 

Anyway welcome.

Hey thanks for the follow and the kind words. I wish I was fast enough to qualify Boston but alas I am slow. Do you still run? I love Chicago. Was supposed to do the Marathon there in 2020 but the world had other plans. 

Quote from prisonwine on February 25, 2024, 6:26 pm

Hey thanks for the follow and the kind words. I wish I was fast enough to qualify Boston but alas I am slow. Do you still run? I love Chicago. Was supposed to do the Marathon there in 2020 but the world had other plans. 

No I don't, I haven't since 2014. I kept running thru injuries and eventually crashed and burned.  Really out of shape now.  Now I just photo the elites finishing LOL. Chicago is awesome. The marathon and the city.   You look young. Qualifying for Boston is tougher.  They go easier on and US geezers.  Though in that period I was in the "20 minute club".  🙂

Welcome! I also enjoyed your portfolio, thanks for sharing that. Everyone here is really chill and we shoot all sorts of stuff - old digital, modern digital (minus the pretentious attitude), film, etc. It's a good group of people and happy to have you stop by. Feel free to start a thread with a question, with a review on a piece of kit, on a photo you're particularly proud of or whatever! 

prisonwine has reacted to this post.
prisonwine
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from prisonwine on February 25, 2024, 3:22 pm

My name is Cameron. I found the snappiness YouTube channel recently and followed the links here. I think Spider-Man had a more interesting origin story but I'll let you be the judge of that. 

I'm an amateur photographer in Massachusetts, a bit of an omnivore when it comes to subject matter, but I gravitate towards street and macro. My main rig is a Sony with a variety vintage or adapted lenses hanging off of it. Recently I bought the Olympus E-300 and I have been CCD-pilled in a big way. I love talking about gear but I love looking at your photos 100x more than that. 

Website

Flickr

Insta

I've been looking for a cool supportive niche photography community and I'm hoping this is the place. Thanks for having me!

Welcome. 🙂 Really great website, such a lovely collection of images. I love the variety!

prisonwine
Quote from JBP on February 27, 2024, 4:17 pm
Quote from prisonwine on February 25, 2024, 3:22 pm

Website

Flickr

Insta

Welcome. 🙂 Really great website, such a lovely collection of images. I love the variety!

Thank you so much!

Welcome! Really cool and inspiring photos especially for a geek like me who really needs to start taking more photos. Looking forward to your posts! 

prisonwine
Quote from tristancarlos on February 27, 2024, 8:24 pm

Welcome! Really cool and inspiring photos especially for a geek like me who really needs to start taking more photos. Looking forward to your posts! 

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote from James Warner on February 26, 2024, 1:40 pm

Welcome! I also enjoyed your portfolio, thanks for sharing that. Everyone here is really chill and we shoot all sorts of stuff - old digital, modern digital (minus the pretentious attitude), film, etc. It's a good group of people and happy to have you stop by. Feel free to start a thread with a question, with a review on a piece of kit, on a photo you're particularly proud of or whatever! 

Didn't mean to skip your message James. Thanks for the welcome and kind words. Appreciate you making this happen and love your work!

James Warner and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruce