Please or Register to create posts and topics.

When you know you got a good one...

Sitting here at work peaking down at my camera screen while reviewing photos. Think I got some good ones. Have to wait for a break to dump it onto my device to edit and post. 😄

I get so impatient with these things. 😄 Do you ever get antsy when you know you have a good shot but can't view it on a big screen right away? I know I get that bad when I give up my film to get developed (or waiting to develop and scan it myself).

Uploaded files:
  • PXL_20210825_140751925.jpg
Beau Carpenter and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

That was me last night with my Nikon, I was transferring RAW files over wifi to my phone impatiently. I have a 45min commute to my hangar from the house.  I kept looking down occasionally and pixel peeping as they were importing into Lightroom during road work stoppages.  When I could just instead plug the SD card into my iPad and do a dump quicker in half the time.

I also put my film negatives on a light box in the lab parking lot.  They never make it home.

It's a great feeling when you nail that homerun image, and can't wait to edit it. Certainly the bee knees, especially if it's a portfolio shot.

James Warner and Beau Carpenter have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau Carpenter
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 25, 2021, 4:48 pm

I also put my film negatives on a light box in the lab parking lot.  They never make it home.

Haha, this sums it up pretty well. Can't even wait the drive home sometimes. Guess that's what makes photography addicting!

Happy snappin' 🙂

I have the opposite impulse, I hardly ever check the photos after taking them... Maybe I'm just used to not being able to review from film, but I feel like if I'm out on a photo walk or something and it isn't going well, by constantly reviewing I get discouraged, but if I don't review the photos then I might still have a good time, and just think "Oh well, better luck next time" when I eventually upload them.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Ever striving for minimum competency