Please or Register to create posts and topics.

When you can't say no!

I told myself I would not buy another camera.  I said, I was content...happy...at ease with the cameras I have, then I just happen to be browsing Ebay.  Since the camera is a bit on the rare side and few are sold here in the states I decided to allow myself the 2 days to think about it.  Day 1: The fear of what happens if this it the only one?...What happens when they are all gone?  The sweat rolled down my brow as I lamented over why I wanted it so bad.  I watched Snapps video review and read online reviews all the time wanting them to tell me NO, You don't need it, It is flawed and this will not going to make you happy.   Day 2,  MY heart beat rose, Please Ebay, someone buy it...buy it so I don't have to see it. Take the temptation away.  But as my curser hovered over the buy it now button and my last attempt to convince myself it is foolish I pressed the button.   We will see when it is shipped this weekend, did I make the right choice or not?  Have I finally ended this need, this desire, this never ending for more?  Pentax MX-1  save me, your my only hope!

JBP and EckyH have reacted to this post.
JBPEckyH

Just went through this with the K-5iis. I even posted here hoping someone else would buy it. 😆 So I feel your pain! I don't have an MX-1 (yet...someday!) but I think you'll like it. There's nothing else quite like it, is there? 🙂

TSTS has reacted to this post.
TSTS

The MX-1 is cool, you should have good fun with it.

Obviously I go through the same things. I try to be logical about it, but I am still making a lot of emotional purchases. As soon as I earn a bunch of money from selling gear, I find some way to spend it instead of saving it up again for something else (like a new mountain bike I really want :P).

In fact, there's something I've been watching for quite a while and have even discussed with a seller a few times but haven't pulled the trigger on. The only way I can or should is if I unload a bunch of stuff. It's cool, but super impractical. Just super cool xD

TSTS
Happy snappin' 🙂

I wanted an Mx1 for a long time but I could never find one at a price I was happy with. I would have paid around £150 for it but there were only people asking £200+. Sadly there are quite a lot of better cameras around £200. E.g. RX1 series and LX100. The design is beautiful though.

TSTS

I been wanting to get one, there are few on the second hand market, most are from Japan, I never bought anything on Ebay from Japan, I don't know if it is worth it,  It is a camera I would like to get used but in excellent condition.  That being said, the cost of these cameras stay high!  Happy hunting, I paid more than I wanted, but I wanted to get one for sometime and have compromised on other gear, so I decided to pounce.  Risk  risk Price, maybe reward!  Hopefully!

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

Do give us a follow up as I have never purchased a camera from Japan. Do you think you will have to pay customs?

Quote from Lim on August 18, 2022, 9:58 am

Do give us a follow up as I have never purchased a camera from Japan. Do you think you will have to pay customs?

In the US, there's no customs fees unless the item is over $800 and they usually don't bother even if it is. Before I ever bought camera gear from Japan, I bought vintage designer bags, and the one time I bought a more expensive one, I never paid a penny. They just don't care unless you're importing bulk for resale.

AndyB, TSTS and EckyH have reacted to this post.
AndyBTSTSEckyH