Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What was your best investment in 2023 and why?

PreviousPage 2 of 2

For me it was 100% investing in my Olypmpus E-M1 Mkii body, it became my main body for gig photography and video recording (for my YouTube nonsense), but it also just 'works' for me in a way I didn't think mirrorless would. 

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on January 12, 2024, 12:49 pm

For me it was 100% investing in my Olypmpus E-M1 Mkii body, it became my main body for gig photography and video recording (for my YouTube nonsense), but it also just 'works' for me in a way I didn't think mirrorless would. 

Thanks.  That's one I have been looking at. 

SpruceBruce, JBP and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPGideon Liddiard Photography

This is so hard to answer! I've bought a lot of awesome stuff 😂

Tie between my Pentax 645D that I got for a song and which makes me deliriously happy every time I use it, and the objectively "crappy" Yakumo 47sx 5-megapixel point & shoot that has totally changed how I take daily shots. It would be hard to get more opposites than that.

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Quote from James Warner on January 12, 2024, 2:19 am
Quote from KankRat on January 10, 2024, 6:14 pm
Quote from James Warner on December 31, 2023, 4:11 am

I bought a nice strap that can be detached and attached to another camera very quickly. Both the comfort of a nice strap, how nice it looks, and the ease of switching it to my active camera has been a game changer. I resented it because straps can cost so much sometimes ($60??) but worth it for the time it saves me.

Peak Design?

Not Peak Design, though I do like their (expensive) stuff. It was a Moment branded strap. Also super expensive, but functionally amazing:

https://www.shopmoment.com/products/adjustable-leather-neck-strap/leather-neck-strap-natural-adjustable

Oh that looks great! I love my Peak Design strap but the little anchors that stay on the camera all the time get on my nerves. Although my daughter thinks they are cute camera earrings so they have gained some charm lol.

Gideon Liddiard Photography has reacted to this post.
Gideon Liddiard Photography
PreviousPage 2 of 2