Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What camera do you regret selling most?

Page 1 of 2Next

I sold a 16MP Ricoh Gr at the start of the pandemic to fund some new cameras. I had it for years and it traveled with me everywhere. There are some cameras I regret selling but none that were that good with that much sentimental value. 

What do you regret selling the most?

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

At least you are selling some of your cameras! I should sell way more!

Tristan Carlos has reacted to this post.
Tristan Carlos

I've given away more cameras than I sold, I regret giving away the Canon 350D. I nearly sold the Pentax K-5 about 5yrs ago, the guy changed his mind at the meet-up because the eye piece was missing (I had mentioned this in the the listing and the camera was a clear 80EUR cheaper than the other K-5s listed). I bought a replacement eye piece for 5EUR and kept the camera, I'm glad he was a fussy idiot :0

Tristan Carlos, SpruceBruce and parkermusselman@gmail.com have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosSpruceBruceparkermusselman@gmail.com
Kieran

Funny thing is I don't really regret selling any of my cameras or lenses (maybe a little but not enough for me to mention) because I usually sell them for profit to fund other purchases of gear that I really want. The ones that I buy new are the ones that I intend to keep like the Pentax K-1. For the ones that I have sold, I missed the K-3 the most. It was my 2nd Pentax after the K-5. Sold it. Switched to Fuji for a few years until I missed the OVF and bought the K-1. 5 years after I sold the K-3, I recently bought another one for cheap. Who knows how long I will keep it but I intend to keep it for a while.

I also miss the Panasonic GX1. I sold it last year and now it jumped up in price. I was looking at the files in my hardrive and I really think the MFT system is highly underrated.  To counter this, I recently bought a G3 with 14-42mm and 45-150mm for 100 EUR from a guy in our  village. Same sensor as the GX1 and same loud shutter haha. Same abysmal EVF. I think I will sell the 45-150mm and the 14-42mm to fund a 20mm 1.7 but we'll see.

parkermusselman@gmail.com has reacted to this post.
parkermusselman@gmail.com

The digital cameras I have bought are:
K10D in 2006 or 2007 or so
K-3 in 2019
K-5iis in 2022?
K-3iii in 2023

I sold the K-3 to help fund the K-3iii. It did have some sentimental value as any camera does due to the photos and memories you make with it. But it didn't fill a role anymore with the K-3iii around. K10D has the CCD sensor and sentimental value (first DSLR), K-5iis is a perfect beach/car cam because I got it for cheap due to it being in rough shape. So those still got used, but the K-3 did not. But yeah, when I look back at the photos I took with it I do miss my OG K-3.

SpruceBruce and parkermusselman@gmail.com have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceparkermusselman@gmail.com
Quote from tristancarlos on December 12, 2023, 9:06 pm

I think I will sell the 45-150mm and the 14-42mm to fund a 20mm 1.7 but we'll see.

I wouldn't hesitate on this. I've been thinking about what M43 body to buy to have a reason to get another 20 1.7.

grover has reacted to this post.
grover

I would say my Pentax K3-II. 

I did regret almost immediatelly. I know it's almost the same camera as the K3 and this is why I sold the K3-II instead of the K3 that was also the silver edition special and has the original grip and so on.

BUT i found that the K3-II had a better AF I don't know why. Or I remember it like that. 

But I sold it because it was pure maths. I have bought it with 8K photos on the clock in a second hand store while looking for a Canon 7D back in 2019 while I thought I will travel around Europe with Formula 1 shooting it and, at the time, I have had given a Canon 28mm lens and I had a 50mm Canon lens as I bought some older Canon camera prior to this one. 

As with Formula 1 and MotoGP Canon and Nikon (and maybe Sony nowadays) bring a bunch of cameras and lenses (and I mean a lot of them) for their professionals to try them out, you don't need to carry much with you so I thought it'd be great and veeery handy to just need to carry One camera body and 1-2 small lenses. 

Anyways, they had none. AND there was this K3-II with a Pentax 18-135mm lens attached to it. Asking price? 320€. Immediatelly I bought it. I knew I'd sell the 18-135mm for 200 to 220€ (as I did) and that the camera will almost cost me nothing. 

And that camera worked for 190K+ more actuations with no issues at all. Now at 200K+ photos taken I sold it with a profit. So money-wise it was great, but you know that feeling the first day shooting and not having that camera with you? That I do too remember. And it was the first time it happened to me. I mean I had sold my K110D and my two K10D's before with no regrets, but that K3-II yes I regreted selling it.

SpruceBruce and grover have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucegrover
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from red5isalive on December 13, 2023, 7:46 pm

that the K3-II had a better AF I don't know why. Or I remember it like that. 

When the K-3 II was launched Pentax claimed it had made improvements to the AF over the K-3.

This comes directly from the Pentax website:

"The K-3 II uses a 27-point (25 cross-type points) AF system used in the K-3. By combining this with the latest AF algorithm, the AF has increased its speed. With Continuous AF (AF.C), tracking of subjects that move toward the depth direction is improved. The synergy with the PENTAX Real-time Scene Analysis System makes AF shooting of moving objects smooth and easy..."

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from parkermusselman@gmail.com on December 13, 2023, 7:27 pm
Quote from tristancarlos on December 12, 2023, 9:06 pm

I think I will sell the 45-150mm and the 14-42mm to fund a 20mm 1.7 but we'll see.

I wouldn't hesitate on this. I've been thinking about what M43 body to buy to have a reason to get another 20 1.7.

Not long ago I picked up the Lumix 20mm f1.7. What an awesome lens.

I just added the 42.5mm Lumix f1.7 which is equally impressive.

The only m4/3 lenses I own and I am impressed with their IQ. These two lenses have given me a favourable impression of m4/3.

Quote from grover on December 13, 2023, 9:09 pm
Quote from red5isalive on December 13, 2023, 7:46 pm

that the K3-II had a better AF I don't know why. Or I remember it like that. 

When the K-3 II was launched Pentax claimed it had made improvements to the AF over the K-3.

This comes directly from the Pentax website:

"The K-3 II uses a 27-point (25 cross-type points) AF system used in the K-3. By combining this with the latest AF algorithm, the AF has increased its speed. With Continuous AF (AF.C), tracking of subjects that move toward the depth direction is improved. The synergy with the PENTAX Real-time Scene Analysis System makes AF shooting of moving objects smooth and easy..."

Yes, I think it might have had slightly better performance. 

My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Page 1 of 2Next