Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Vivitar 28mm f2.8 Close Focus

This one is easy to find, unlike the f2.0 version. And cheap, unlike the f2.0 version! I paid $40 shipped for mine in Nikon F mount!

You really have to click through to see the photos… the sharpness is getting mangled here for some reason.

With extension tube:

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawadJackB

These are fantastic! The desert is so beautiful, do you ever do any wildlife shots as well?  I like the bokeh on the 3rd shot. I’ll trade you my dead dormant, and grey cloudy spring we’re having in the Midwest.  My crabapple has yet to even flower, and its in the 30’s still.  Last May it was in the 70s... I can dream lol.

Quote from SpruceBruce on May 2, 2022, 6:05 am

These are fantastic! The desert is so beautiful, do you ever do any wildlife shots as well?  I like the bokeh on the 3rd shot. I’ll trade you my dead dormant, and grey cloudy spring we’re having in the Midwest.  My crabapple has yet to even flower, and its in the 30’s still.  Last May it was in the 70s... I can dream lol.

Yeah I've been seeing photos on social from friends further north of it snowing still... lol We're about to hit triple digits this week. xD

Awesome shots! Just fantastic oranges from the desert and against that blue sky - perfect! The lens is resolving really well. I actually think I have this lens... at least a Vivitar 28mm f2.8, but maybe a different version. I'm on a trip right now but I'll check when I get home. I'm ashamed to say I haven't shot with it much. I mounted it to my Sigma SD14 to get a nice 35mmish equivalent focal length and liked it there. I should take it out on my K-1 to see how it really does. That's always the real test for these vintages lenses 😉

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from SpruceBruce on May 2, 2022, 6:05 am

Thank you! The desert really is stunning. It makes it easy. It's also in the high 90s already (tho it'll get back to the 80s again soon, before we start hitting 100+).

Never shot any wildlife really, until recently I 1. didn't have a long enough lens and 2. haven't been able to get out and around enough to spot them. I've been thinking about putting up a water feature to lure the critters nearer to my house, they already roam around but I'm never fast enough. Gotta cheat 😀

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from James Warner on May 4, 2022, 7:21 pm

Awesome shots! Just fantastic oranges from the desert and against that blue sky - perfect! The lens is resolving really well. I actually think I have this lens... at least a Vivitar 28mm f2.8, but maybe a different version. I'm on a trip right now but I'll check when I get home. I'm ashamed to say I haven't shot with it much. I mounted it to my Sigma SD14 to get a nice 35mmish equivalent focal length and liked it there. I should take it out on my K-1 to see how it really does. That's always the real test for these vintages lenses 😉

It really out-performed my expectations! So many of the example shots online are over-processed or badly focused 😅 What a nice surprise!

So apparently there were a whole bunch of 28mm models… the Close Focus model is different than the non-cf ones and this one specifically is the Komine (serial 28xxx) version: https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/vivitar-28mm-f-2-8-close-focus.html

Curious to hear which one you've got!