Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Update on KP

I will keep this short, The camera arrived...THE END.... Actually there is a bit of a story and some things I learned in this adventure. Not going disclose names or anything, but I ran into a seller ( first time seller on ebay) that had no idea how to post thing, make sure things were included and lets say a cornucopia of other challenges. It arrived safely, packe really well.  I am happy I have a camera!  So far it is in mint condition...I don't like to go into the negatives, there are so many positives. There were a few things added to the box that had nothing to do with the camera.  Oh well.  I am waiting on a battery charger that was not included ( had to buy that later) thank goodness there was a semi charged battery. Once I am fully ready to go with the camera, I will start posting my thoughts.  Thanks for your help here in the forum.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20220107_160057392-1.jpg
  • IMG_20220107_135159097.jpg
  • IMG_20220107_135136073_HDR.jpg
Tristan Carlos and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosSpruceBruce
Quote from TSTS on January 8, 2022, 12:34 am

I will keep this short, The camera arrived...THE END.... Actually there is a bit of a story and some things I learned in this adventure. Not going disclose names or anything, but I ran into a seller ( first time seller on ebay) that had no idea how to post thing, make sure things were included and lets say a cornucopia of other challenges. It arrived safely, packe really well.  I am happy I have a camera!  So far it is in mint condition...I don't like to go into the negatives, there are so many positives. There were a few things added to the box that had nothing to do with the camera.  Oh well.  I am waiting on a battery charger that was not included ( had to buy that later) thank goodness there was a semi charged battery. Once I am fully ready to go with the camera, I will start posting my thoughts.  Thanks for your help here in the forum.

I think you'll like it, it grows on you eventually.  I've gotten some very good pictures out of my KP, but it takes some getting used to for certain!

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez

Nice looking silver KP!! Have fun shooting with it. Play around with some shots requiring that high dynamic range of the newer sensor. It's pretty insane the first time you take an underexposed shot and raise up the shadows in your editing software.

SpruceBruce, Daniel Gonzalez and TSTS have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezTSTS
Happy snappin' 🙂

I just got a KP and my K5 is sitting for now.  I quite like the feel of it but it is taking a little getting used to. Think I felt the same when I went from the k10 to the k5.  Anyway I’m enjoying it, surprised how much I like the hinged screen, love the extended iso options, and the customizable modes/buttons.   The viewfinder seems brighter to me which is great.   And I’m trying the three grips - the fav so far is the middle sized one - and I think it’s a cool idea.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and TSTS have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceTSTS

KP has been a fantastic camera for me, I feel like it was one of the best investments and a upgrade from my K10d. I just got a 35mm and a 50mm primes for it and really enjoy it.  For me the big grip was best suited for my hands.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBP