Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Time to see what the fuss is about...

I finally bit the bullet and bought a K10d, and yes @james-warner-b it is all your fault 🙂

Uploaded files:
  • 20231012_100223.jpg
SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and mattlinardo have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettmattlinardo

You'll love the K10D, it's kinda peak button ergo for that era of DSLR and the most killer feature was the color rendition SOOC, even in RAW. The colors are punchy and the tones are contrasty. I haven't used my K10D in a little while just for reasons I cannot place but I enjoy every moment of using it. Also, 10MP goes way further than you might expect! Especially with modern photo editors, I imagine running the lightroom AI noise reduction and the new focus sharpener AI would make go toe-to-toe with some 16-20MP images SOOC.

SpruceBruce and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGideon Liddiard Photography

Woohoo! I'll gladly take the blame for that one 😀

A video on the K10D is one of my very first I put on my channel. I've never done a dedicated one since, and I really need to.

One of my favorite old DSLRs ever. I should find a battery grip for mine to top it off.

SpruceBruce, HeggenDazs and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazsGideon Liddiard Photography
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on October 12, 2023, 12:08 pm

I finally bit the bullet and bought a K10d, and yes @james-warner-b it is all your fault 🙂

Can't wait to see how it performs for you!

Gideon Liddiard Photography has reacted to this post.
Gideon Liddiard Photography

Nice! 

Enjoy it! 

I have had two in my time and I never found the time to use them as I had superior and faster models for action, so I have always ended up re-selling them.

My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

It's a great camera! You have made the right choice. You won't regret it. 

.......and lets be honest it hasn't cost you much pay to play.

Enjoy the camera and can't wait to see some photos!

Gideon Liddiard Photography has reacted to this post.
Gideon Liddiard Photography

I've been hideously busy prepping for two upcoming exhibitions (and spending far too much money as a result), so I've not had as much time as I would like to use the K10D. Hence I only have a pair of images I'm currently OK with from it.

More will follow, but early impressions are that I love the build, spec, and sensor.

I've been checking out how weather-resistant these are, having picked up a WR 18-55

Light to medium rain and all is great so far...

James Warner and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruce