Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Sony E PZ 16-50mm

Before getting a camera, I'd seen so many things about this lens being just awful. However, it was all I could afford, so I went ahead and got my a6100 with the kit lens. A week later, I haven't noticed anything remotely limiting about the lens, other than the obvious short zoom range. I've taken so many pictures with it now, I just don't understand why it gets so much hate. It is a kit lens after all, it's meant to be affordable to get you up and running with your new camera. I just don't see the problem for a 100$ lens. Here are some of the images I've shot with it, maybe someone with a more discerning eye than mine could point out abberations caused by the lens that weren't corrected by the lightroom profile for this lens.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvKuaChR2zpC8Q1-hZ9YQmZxbZqh

Quote from WeiSheiLindon on October 1, 2023, 3:58 pm

Before getting a camera, I'd seen so many things about this lens being just awful. However, it was all I could afford, so I went ahead and got my a6100 with the kit lens. A week later, I haven't noticed anything remotely limiting about the lens, other than the obvious short zoom range. I've taken so many pictures with it now, I just don't understand why it gets so much hate. It is a kit lens after all, it's meant to be affordable to get you up and running with your new camera. I just don't see the problem for a 100$ lens. Here are some of the images I've shot with it, maybe someone with a more discerning eye than mine could point out abberations caused by the lens that weren't corrected by the lightroom profile for this lens.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvKuaChR2zpC8Q1-hZ9YQmZxbZqh

Hello! Often kit lenses are hated on unfairly. At least some. Nowadays it seems like many of them are quite good actually. 

I can't access those images, it's making me sign into a One Drive account. You can upload them here as an attachment to a post, or do you have another public way to view them? I'd love to check them out and see what you got.

Happy snappin' 🙂

I'm able to see the images. They look pretty good.

I have the 16-50 lens on my a6000. It's a fine lens. In fact, for a lot of what I shoot I'd never know the difference. It's not super bright and the corner sharpness isn't great but a lot of the time that doesn't matter. I would say it's better than the collective internet says it is.