Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The no lens club

I tried my hand at pinhole photography a couple of days ago (should've been studying but oh well) I went into this with no accurate measurements or much education on the subject just a piece of cardboard with a hole in it but I would really like to see everyone's experience with this

Uploaded files:
  • 2023_0610_09571400.jpg
  • 2023_0610_09583400.jpg
  • 2023_0610_09400400.jpg
Beau Carpenter, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterJBPEckyHUplaxer

I love little experiments like this. What camera are you doing this on?

Many years ago I made my own pinhole lenses like yourself. I found it really important to make the whole very small, and also as round as possible. A thin piece of a metal can work well to really hold that shape. I can't easily find any of my example pictures, I would have to dig out my hard drive some more.

I tried this once with film on a kit cardboard camera, but then botched the roll on accident exposing it to light, so never got to see the pictures.

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Happy snappin' 🙂

oh that's sad that you never got to see the results but it's okay there are many more shots to come.

These were shot on an xt2(not sure whether I posted any of the images taken with it but I definitely plan on it.) and literally a piece of cardboard that was lying around, because I didn't have the heart to ruin the body cap as they're not available here. I'd love to try again with more precision but I guess when I'm done with finals.

It's amazing what can be done with very little. I want to try this now!

X-T2 is one of the Fuji cameras I've not owned, have heard that many really like it.

Gawad and JBP have reacted to this post.
GawadJBP
Quote from Beau Carpenter on June 14, 2023, 1:09 pm

It's amazing what can be done with very little. I want to try this now!

X-T2 is one of the Fuji cameras I've not owned, have heard that many really like it.

It was on my bucket list since I really liked the fuji experience but felt like resolution I was getting from the xpro1 wasn't really doing it for me ,though I'm positive 16 mp is more than enough and has actually given me some of my favourite shots. But when I found the xt2 at a great deal where I basically didn't pay any extra money I jumped on it and so far the image quality and colors sooc are everything I wanted.