Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Finepix line up F10 through F11

So in case anyone is interested in these little beasts.

F10 was the game changer with insane battery life and unheard of ISO 1600.

From my experience owning a bunch of these F10's here are some hidden facts.

The flash is super strong and would allow the use of Manually setting iso 200 indoors with great exposure and resolution, even at telephoto . The negative was the factory default 1/100 shutter speed & iso 800 indoors which resulted in loss of fine detail and pretty bad purple fringing. 

The F11 fixed the (low res screen) & default shutter speed to 1/60 (from 1/100) indoors, and added  an A/S mode . NOW even though it had the same flash as the F10, in A/S mode it would handicap it. Exposure would always be less than if you left it in auto or manual.

The secret  however , mainly more useful in later models was using the slow sync flash and adding negative exposure @ iso 400 for best results. You can make these cameras' do whatever you want. So A/S mode are almost useless in the f30/31fd & f50fd/se

I really liked my F11. Passed it on to someone else to try a later model (I'll read your thread on those). My thoughts were that the lens was super sharp (although pretty bad purple fringing on highlights), startup time was super fast, compact size was awesome and the JPEGs were great SOOC. Really a joyful camera to use.

Happy snappin' 🙂

Yeah, purple was bad. It is better on the the 40/47/50fd. It's actually a new lens. Not the same from F10-31fd.  When your ready, I'll send you an F40fd. Thanks for the reply