Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your July Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 22, 2021, 1:28 am
Quote from KankRat on July 22, 2021, 12:46 am

Is it a TLR? I'm reckoning after the ground glass post.

Some more shots from the Canon WP-1 and Kodak Gold 200. Northern MN life as usual.

Nice shots. How do you like that 'yak?

It's the Ascend H12, it's very stable and comfortable. It's not ideal for portaging without rollers or if it's more than a few hundred yards.

That Heron shot is perfect!

My nephew has the SOT version.  it's a really nice fishing platform, probably be good for photography on calm water, but OMG is it heavy.  One of the places I go you can't use portage wheeles.  My WS Pungo 120 is really light by comparison, but a lot harder to get in and out of. trade offs in anything.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from KankRat on July 22, 2021, 12:53 am

Got a shot of my favorite bird this evening, the green heron.

Clever little devils.  Some learn to use bread (that people feed to ducks) as bait to lure fish close enough so they can snap them up. Apparently they do this with insects too.  I have never witnessed this in person. But there are several videos on You Tube. It's truly amazing.  I did see one snap at a dragonfly repeatedly, but he was quick enough to catch it and I was not fast enough to get a shot.

Green Heron-0294 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

That's amazing and a beautiful photo!

Happy snappin' 🙂

It's been a super busy July for me, so not a lot going on here photography wise, but here's some from the last few weeks

Olympus EP2 with Pentax 110 70mm f2.8

Pentax KP + DA* 300mm

Ricoh GR + 21mm converter

Cheers everyone. Love seeing what you're shooting 🙂

Justin Tung, KankRat and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungKankRatBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on July 24, 2021, 7:50 pm

It's been a super busy July for me, so not a lot going on here photography wise, but here's some from the last few weeks

Olympus EP2 with Pentax 110 70mm f2.8

Pentax KP + DA* 300mm

Ricoh GR + 21mm converter

Cheers everyone. Love seeing what you're shooting 🙂

Love the light in the last one!

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Ever striving for minimum competency

Not exactly taken in July, but I've been rescanning all my film negatives and wow the results are way better. My trip to Northern MN last fall, K1000 28mm SMC M F2.8 and Fuji C200.

Edit: Apparently I forgot to crop #3

Uploaded files:
  • Image-6.jpg
  • Image-3-3-1.jpg
  • Image-4.jpg
  • Image-5-3.jpg
  • Image-2.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungKankRatBeau CarpenterGawad

Beautiful landscapes! That is a great lens 👍

SpruceBruce

Tried shooting Bergger Pancro 400 for the first time, and I don't think it's for me. the scans were soooo flat. It's definitely a look that could be useful for some things, and it's easy to introduce contrast in post, but I'd like more contrasty negatives.

There was also a little miscalibration between the new focusing screen, which resulted in some missed focus, but a few shots still came out decent.

Uploaded files:
  • 1-6.jpeg
  • 1-3.jpeg
  • 1-12.jpeg
  • 1-8.jpeg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawad
Ever striving for minimum competency

This month I've been shooting mostly on an Original Canon 5D which has been a lot of fun as well as an Olympus E-PL3. Definitely on opposite ends of the size spectrum!

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_3475.jpg
  • P1010056.jpg
  • P1390572.jpg
  • XT202562.jpg
SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad
Quote from Beau Carpenter on July 29, 2021, 1:07 pm

This month I've been shooting mostly on an Original Canon 5D which has been a lot of fun as well as an Olympus E-PL3. Definitely on opposite ends of the size spectrum!

What lens have you been using on the Canon? Beautiful pictures.

Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on July 29, 2021, 4:11 pm
Quote from Beau Carpenter on July 29, 2021, 1:07 pm

What lens have you been using on the Canon? Beautiful pictures.

Thanks! My photos have been pretty evenly split between the Canon 50mm 1.8 and the Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art

I really like the Sigma, but it is by far the heaviest lens I've ever used. Especially coming from the M4/3 system.

SpruceBruce
PreviousPage 4 of 5Next