Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your July Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

the shots are so nice and I loved the macro also that's a very very good pupper 13/10

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from Gawad on July 8, 2021, 6:34 pm

the shots are so nice and I loved the macro also that's a very very good pupper 13/10

She makes taking pictures difficult at times, but I make it work. Usually just put her leash on the ground and hold it with my foot.  Her nose is something else.  She's always on the scent trail of some kind of critter, and she develops selective hearing lol.

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad

Tested out the Tokina 19-35mm F3.5-4.5 on my KP at work this morning.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0011-1.jpg
Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 10, 2021, 9:34 pm

Tested out the Tokina 19-35mm F3.5-4.5 on my KP at work this morning.

Such an awesome view.

Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Happy snappin' 🙂

Here's some shots from the beach with my Pentax KP and DA* 300mm

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucesirfranskiGawadHerd
Happy snappin' 🙂

That pelican shot, feels so intense like it should be in a cinema film.  I’ve been debating whether or not to get the DA * 300mm.  Just curious, does it have a lot of vignetting on film or on the K1?

Nikon Z50 and Dx 50-250Z, hummingbirds in my community garden.

Uploaded files:
  • 985DF73D-C1B6-4A6D-968D-971EEFB3798B.jpeg
  • 4FB3920D-00FA-44FD-B844-260DF4E68F44.jpeg
Beau Carpenter, sirfranski and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpentersirfranskiGawad
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 13, 2021, 1:56 pm

That pelican shot, feels so intense like it should be in a cinema film.  I’ve been debating whether or not to get the DA * 300mm.  Just curious, does it have a lot of vignetting on film or on the K1?

No vignetting on my K-1. Haven't used on 35mm film but I assume no based on K-1 experience. It's a super nice lens. I buy a lot of lenses and sell most of them, but it's on my short list of keepers. More versatile than it looks.

Here's some shots recently with it on the KP. Crops are extremely heavy because birds were small and far.

Painted Bunting

Beautiful hummingbird. I need to install a feeder at some point. They come for one of our flowering trees, but too high up for me to get a picture 🙂

SpruceBruce, sirfranski and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucesirfranskiGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on July 14, 2021, 2:45 am

No vignetting on my K-1. Haven't used on 35mm film but I assume no based on K-1 experience. It's a super nice lens. I buy a lot of lenses and sell most of them, but it's on my short list of keepers. More versatile than it looks.

Here's some shots recently with it on the KP. Crops are extremely heavy because birds were small and far.

Painted Bunting

Beautiful hummingbird. I need to install a feeder at some point. They come for one of our flowering trees, but too high up for me to get a picture 🙂

What a beautiful bird!  I’m very interested in picking up a copy, or the 50-500mm “Bigma” for my latest GAS accquistion, I sold off my Nikon N65, and decided to fill the Autofocus SLR void with the MZ-S.

My community garden once again, as seen rendered through the KP & DA 35mm Limited Macro 2.8

Uploaded files:
  • BE2AB455-0DBA-48DD-9109-A2151CF13BD3.jpeg
  • BCF4D031-07B4-46BA-B7B5-2F2625FC1785.jpeg
  • EBD4EACC-C5AE-412E-93F9-9E68C2E495BE.jpeg
  • 31DB3784-19B3-4AE8-A731-0BB7BD67E083.jpeg
Beau Carpenter and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterGawad

Shot a roll of Holga 400 in a new camera... I think the camera did fine, I just flubbed the development a little bit. The film base ended up looking super dark, but there seemed to be a decent amount of dynamic range on the negative. This is what I was able to rescue in the scan.

This was a bit of a test roll to make sure shutter speeds are on point, light seals were good. I also wanted to compare the lens to that on my Autocord, and hopefully figure out which one to keep. The results.... look sharp? But I can't do that much of a comparison without better scans, so this roll kinda felt like a failure. This is probably my favorite shot from this roll:

Oh and there's another thing. This camera's film advance and shutter aren't coupled, so not only was there a blank shot I didn't take and just advanced past, there was also this:

overall I'm hopeful about this camera, but we'll see.

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 15, 2021, 1:19 pm
Quote from Snappy on July 14, 2021, 2:45 am

Painted Bunting

What a beautiful bird!  I’m very interested in picking up a copy, or the 50-500mm “Bigma” for my latest GAS accquistion, I sold off my Nikon N65, and decided to fill the Autofocus SLR void with the MZ-S.

My community garden once again, as seen rendered through the KP & DA 35mm Limited Macro 2.8

That shot with the bug and the water droplets is awesome. What aperture were you shooting at? I always struggle with macros to get enough in focus and you got a fair amount there. I know people do focus stacking, but that doesn't seem really practical for handheld shots of moving subjects...

sirfranski has reacted to this post.
sirfranski
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next