Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Street Lights and Utility Poles

I really like the aformentioned subject: they have lots of interesting detail, they look different everywhere you go, theyre high up so you can get a veriety of angles and sometimes theres birds! Please share Street Lights and Utility Poles near you I'd love to see them.

Heres mine!

PoleOrLight

This one is cross processed slide film, cant remember which film exactly, the camera was a Nikon FM with a 50mm f1.4 lens

PoleOrLight

Same roll, most photos came out green but the gray concrete became pink or peach

PoleOrLight

Same camera but negative color film, CineStill 400D i believe

PoleOrLight

PoleOrLight

PoleOrLight

These 3 were some kind of B&W film on my Canon Demi EE17; it might've been 100TMAX and the abysmall noise is from the photos being half-frame

I have a few RAWs of digi photos too, but I'm too lazy to process them right now, might add to the thread later

SpruceBruce, JBP and grover have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPgrover

Cool shots. Some of that wiring looks really chaotic!

I don't normally make a conscious effort to photograph utility poles (maybe I should!) but inevitably I wind up taking some because, as you say, they are interesting. Good topic!

IMGP0020 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP1301_tonemapped_tonemapped by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP0006 3 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP0031 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, JBP and lil ie have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPlil ie
Quote from grover on November 8, 2023, 4:41 pm

Cool shots. Some of that wiring looks really chaotic!

I don't normally make a conscious effort to photograph utility poles (maybe I should!) but inevitably I wind up taking some because, as you say, they are interesting. Good topic!

IMGP0020 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP1301_tonemapped_tonemapped by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP0006 3 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP0031 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

The wiring in cities has to jump between buildings and accross roads so it becomes very cool very fast, not so much the transmission towers that always have 3 or 6 cables.

I really like the first one! The skeletal silhoette of the tower makes it look like a schematic of some kind, I bet it woud be a great print

grover has reacted to this post.
grover