Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Specialized Digital Cameras.

One of the few digicams I own that was specifically designed to meet a certain type of photography. My family originally bought this camera for my brother-in-law who just completed his scuba diving course and was eager to take some picture.  Flash forward to now, the camera was forgotten and left in a drawer, my sister was cleaning and asked me if I wanted it.  Her husband gave up diving.  Never used it myself.  Unfortunately, loading it up with new AA batteries the camera sometime powers on other times it does not.  I checked the interior of the battery compartment, it is clean...could be capacitors  SEALIFE Reef master mini

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP5766.jpg
  • IMGP5765.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadEckyH

Cool camera! I've taken a recent interest in diving cases for old digital cameras. When I was younger I always thought they looked so cool, and the idea of taking pictures underwater seemed to fanciful to me. Nowadays taking photos underwater is easy - there are cheap cases for phones, and some phones can even handle brief submersion anyway. GoPros and cameras that can dive a couple feet are in abundance and cheap. But the old diving cases with their fat buttons and real camera inside excite that little child in me. So I bought one.

It's an Olympus bridge camera and diving case. The combo cost me less than $30, and that was with a second working camera thrown in. I've taken pictures at the pool, but plan to take it on a trip in a few weeks to a clear spring fed pool and maybe catch some fish with it. It's just good fun and so cheap nowadays, nobody wants them.

SpruceBruce, Gawad and TSTS have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawadTSTS
Happy snappin' 🙂