Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Sony DSC R1

This was Sony's first camera with an APS-C sensor and live-view. The camera has a fixed lens. I have this one in my collection as does the Sony F828. The R1 is more or less considered the successor to the Sony F828, although the F828's image sensor is many times smaller. At this time, there was actually a battle going on between the first affordable DSLR' s and the all in ones with a fixed lens. The lens is really great. With one of the pictures from these cameras, I won a local photo contest with a picture of a sunflower against the sun. There was no flare at all.

Dusted off the camera, bought a new battery, which works (which is an annoying situation, Sony cameras sometimes recognise that it is not a real Sony battery and then refuse to work). And started shooting with this camera again.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC08525.JPG
  • DSC08565kopie2.jpg
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.
Quote from Bart Kerste on May 22, 2024, 11:57 pm

This was Sony's first camera with an APS-C sensor and live-view. The camera has a fixed lens. I have this one in my collection as does the Sony F828. The R1 is more or less considered the successor to the Sony F828, although the F828's image sensor is many times smaller. At this time, there was actually a battle going on between the first affordable DSLR' s and the all in ones with a fixed lens. The lens is really great. With one of the pictures from these cameras, I won a local photo contest with a picture of a sunflower against the sun. There was no flare at all.

Dusted off the camera, bought a new battery, which works (which is an annoying situation, Sony cameras sometimes recognise that it is not a real Sony battery and then refuse to work). And started shooting with this camera again.

This is such a great camera. Really an all-round package with a good sensor and excellent lens. Pretty compact. Super cool screen to make people take a second look. What's not to love!

Happy snappin' 🙂