Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Some "old" 35mm pictures from me.

Hey,

I wanna show you some of my early Africa travel pictures I took. Mostly form 2012 to 2018.

Almost all pictures were taken with my Reveu AC4 SP and an SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.4.

Christian

James Warner, Tristan Carlos and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosBeau CarpenterSpruceBruce

Incredible travels and pictures. Do you live in Africa or just travel there often? I have been fascinated with Africa after picking up a book by George Steinmetz called Africa Air where he takes aerial pictures all over Africa. Most of them in the book (if not all) are on film. Beautiful landscape on that continent.

That shot looking down the artillery is really neat. Colors, composition, subject: really tells a story!

SpruceBruce and xoQUox have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucexoQUox
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from xoQUox on August 12, 2021, 3:17 pm

Hey,

I wanna show you some of my early Africa travel pictures I took. Mostly form 2012 to 2018.

Almost all pictures were taken with my Reveu AC4 SP and an SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.4.

Christian

Welcome! Great post, the patina on that canon is so satisfying, and the switchbacks as well, they look like a dream ride on a motorcycle.  What film emulsion were some of these shot on, if you recall by any chance?

xoQUox has reacted to this post.
xoQUox
Quote from Snappy on August 13, 2021, 2:29 am

Incredible travels and pictures. Do you live in Africa or just travel there often? I have been fascinated with Africa after picking up a book by George Steinmetz called Africa Air where he takes aerial pictures all over Africa. Most of them in the book (if not all) are on film. Beautiful landscape on that continent.

That shot looking down the artillery is really neat. Colors, composition, subject: really tells a story!

No, I don't life there. Still living here in Germany.

But I travel to western Africa on a regular base, about 1-2 a year. Mostly Morocco, but also Mauritania and Senegal. The African landscape is incredible. Something everybody should experience at least once in a live.

Most of the pictures were shot on cheap Fujifilm and Kodak ISO 200.

James Warner, Tristan Carlos and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosSpruceBruce

Wow, great photos! Love it!