Please or Register to create posts and topics.

So I finally bought a K3-III

Page 1 of 8Next

Hi there,

Last 2021 I was able to borrow from Pentax Spain a Pentax K3-III three times (that's starting to sound scary) to test it out on some sport events.

And it blow my mind away, i really really really thought this is the way to go for me. Now, that said, I disliked the buffer. As in any Pentax camera when shooting sports. That's true. But the Autofocus was great compared to the one in my K3 and K3-II. The menus, the size, the buttons alingment everything was so well thought that inmediatelly i felt home. Even with the menus and so on.

So now I was checking ebay and I just found out that deal from a guy selling a camera with less than 700 actuations on, I had to give it a try. I did and I won it.

That means that 1. I will be able to shoot with the K3-III from my own and that 2. I most likely will retire / resell my K3-II, most likely,Β  that has had a tought life, it has more than 192.000 actuations on and requires a more relaxed life.

Well that's it! I was planning to buy a Pentax 150-450mm lens, but the camera came in and I had to go for it.

I am excited about this πŸ˜€

All the best!

Tristan Carlos, Beau Carpenter and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPEckyHDeleted user
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

Oh man, congrats!! I'm excited for you! You are one who will definitely put the improvements of the K-3iii to good use. Can't wait to see your photography with it. πŸ™‚

SpruceBruce and Daniel Gonzalez have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel Gonzalez

Congratulations - I think Pentax makes the K-3III for people like you and now you have the best Pentax DSLR ever for your photography. Enjoy it. πŸ™‚

E.

SpruceBruce and Daniel Gonzalez have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel Gonzalez
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from JBP on January 1, 2023, 1:45 pm

Oh man, congrats!! I'm excited for you! You are one who will definitely put the improvements of the K-3iii to good use. Can't wait to see your photography with it. πŸ™‚

Thank you!

Yes, since the day it came out I was wondering. And after trying it in 3 events I had clear that this could be THE one. But prices were too expensive for me.

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Quote from EckyH on January 1, 2023, 5:50 pm

Congratulations - I think Pentax makes the K-3III for people like you and now you have the best Pentax DSLR ever for your photography. Enjoy it. πŸ™‚

E.

Thank you E. ,

I felt home with the K3-III you are right. Funny thing is that when the first news came out and they were saying about a "very good" AF I was really happy with that on pair of waiting to see if that was true. (and it was!).

Let's see now how good I manage to work with a tool like this one.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from red5isalive on January 1, 2023, 9:45 pm

Thank you!

Yes, since the day it came out I was wondering. And after trying it in 3 events I had clear that this could be THE one. But prices were too expensive for me.

Same here! It has come down a bit in price now so I suppose I could technically get it now, but... do I need it? I tell myself I'd get so many more keepers of my kids (I'm sure I would) but most parents are content with just their cell phones, so it feels like an excuse. But, life is short and I've waited almost 2 years already. If I wait too long there will be the next thing and I'll be back to waiting again. πŸ™ƒ

So in other words, I may be joining you very soon! We'll see! My birthday is coming up and I resisted the urge last year. This time, maybe I take the plunge and treat myself.

Uploaded files:
  • treat-yo-self-donna.gif
Quote from JBP on January 2, 2023, 5:11 am

Thank you!

Same here! It has come down a bit in price now so I suppose I could technically get it now, but... do I need it? I tell myself I'd get so many more keepers of my kids (I'm sure I would) but most parents are content with just their cell phones, so it feels like an excuse. But, life is short and I've waited almost 2 years already. If I wait too long there will be the next thing and I'll be back to waiting again. πŸ™ƒ

So in other words, I may be joining you very soon! We'll see! My birthday is coming up and I resisted the urge last year. This time, maybe I take the plunge and treat myself.

Yes, I think so too.

I mean for me it was a no brainer. And I usually use 2 cameras and both are up to 185 to 192K actuations each, so then they'll need a replacement someday this year or next one probably.

I understand the "i don't need it" mentality as I was in the same mental point until yesterday.

Quote from red5isalive on January 1, 2023, 10:28 am

Hi there,

Last 2021 I was able to borrow from Pentax Spain a Pentax K3-III three times (that's starting to sound scary) to test it out on some sport events.

And it blow my mind away, i really really really thought this is the way to go for me. Now, that said, I disliked the buffer. As in any Pentax camera when shooting sports. That's true. But the Autofocus was great compared to the one in my K3 and K3-II. The menus, the size, the buttons alingment everything was so well thought that inmediatelly i felt home. Even with the menus and so on.

So now I was checking ebay and I just found out that deal from a guy selling a camera with less than 700 actuations on, I had to give it a try. I did and I won it.

That means that 1. I will be able to shoot with the K3-III from my own and that 2. I most likely will retire / resell my K3-II, most likely,Β  that has had a tought life, it has more than 192.000 actuations on and requires a more relaxed life.

Well that's it! I was planning to buy a Pentax 150-450mm lens, but the camera came in and I had to go for it.

All the best!

Enjoy! As the others have said, if anyone could make use at of one you could with your action photography, Pentax glass, and the wear you've put on the other cameras. I had far less reasons to buy one and still did, so you're in a better spot than I πŸ˜€

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez
Happy snappin' πŸ™‚
Quote from red5isalive on January 2, 2023, 7:46 am
Quote from JBP on January 2, 2023, 5:11 am

Thank you!

Yes, I think so too.

I mean for me it was a no brainer. And I usually use 2 cameras and both are up to 185 to 192K actuations each, so then they'll need a replacement someday this year or next one probably.

I understand the "i don't need it" mentality as I was in the same mental point until yesterday.

Wow, with that many actuations it's definitely a no-brainer. I should check how many my bodies have.

Having two cameras on you is such a treat sometimes. I've started lugging two when lens changes are bad idea: on a kayak, on a hike when there's precipitation, or when I'm on the beach. I'm not sure which I'd keep if I got a K-3iii... K-3 or K-5iis. I've fallen in love with the K-5iis sensor so I'm leaning toward that. But the K-3 can drive my PLM lens and has better AF.Β  Are you going to keep one or both of your old cameras to keep using two cameras at a time? Are they both K-3's?

Daniel Gonzalez and EckyH have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezEckyH
Quote from James Warner on January 2, 2023, 12:40 pm
Quote from red5isalive on January 1, 2023, 10:28 am

Hi there,

All the best!

Enjoy! As the others have said, if anyone could make use at of one you could with your action photography, Pentax glass, and the wear you've put on the other cameras. I had far less reasons to buy one and still did, so you're in a better spot than I πŸ˜€

Thanks James.

To be honest when I had one I have enjoyed it very much. So hopefully i will keep doing so πŸ˜€
It's just a great camera, maybe the last ever great APS-C DSLR ever produced, that's enough reason to have it πŸ™‚

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Page 1 of 8Next