Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Sigma 135-400

Dead happy to have got this lens, paid £185 for it but I do have a couple of questions….

is it easy to get in to the front element to remove dust?

is it normal for sigma lenses to hunt? I have two sigma lenses and both extend when held with front element pointed to the ground.

Quote from Lock5 on April 7, 2022, 7:54 am

Dead happy to have got this lens, paid £185 for it but I do have a couple of questions….

is it easy to get in to the front element to remove dust?

is it normal for sigma lenses to hunt? I have two sigma lenses and both extend when held with front element pointed to the ground.

I've had that happen with other lenses before, though I'm forgetting which ones. It's definitely annoying. Some have zoom locks to prevent that but many don't. Not sure about that lens.

Luckily, the front element is the easiest to get at on every lens I've ever seen. But you would still want to be really careful, as you can just as easily introduce more dust, oils from your finger, or otherwise damage the element. Most lenses use two little notches in the front that you can use to remove a ring that holds the front element in place. You'll need a spanner wrench.

But are you seeing any dust on your images? It's easy to see dust when it's on your sensor and you stop down, but when it's on the front element of your lens it shouldn't make a noticeable difference.

Happy snappin' 🙂

Only taken a few pics with it but no I can't see any dust on the photos.