Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Show me what film cameras you're currently shooting on!

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next

Just loaded the first roll into this little new addition.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP1041-01-01.jpeg
SpruceBruce and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazs
I ramble on sometimes about snap photography, photographic philosophy and equipment! Ye be warned.
Quote from agentlossing on July 20, 2022, 11:50 pm

Just loaded the first roll into this little new addition.

Is that the MX? I love my MX! I need to get it serviced to get the light meter back on. It's not necessary, but I like the connivence of seeing how off I am right in the viewfinder. But I love how small it is with a huge viewfinder, and the full mechanical controls. It's the best Pentax 35mm film mechanical camera you can buy, in my opinion. A close second would be the Spotmatics which I also really like shooting. I hear the LX is amazing, but is quite a bit more expensive. The MX somehow sneaks by being the same price as K1000's during college freshman enrollment season in the US 😀

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Forgive the pic, I'm no product photographer and I have only a gloomy attic room to shoot in! I've been recently pouring my attention into this beloved cobbled-together Pentax LX (body, viewfinder, grip, and strap lugs all came from different lots!), which is my pride and joy, but I shoot other 35mm film cameras too: the Mamiya/Sekor DTL 1000 (if Apple made an SLR it'd look like this, lol), a Pentax PZ-1P, a Yashica Electro 35 GSN, and an old Soviet FED II, which I mostly own for the sheer cool factor.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP1345-min.jpg
James Warner, KankRat and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatSpruceBruceHeggenDazs

Pentax KM. Basically a K-mount Spotmatic, or a better K1000 but still with needle meter.

Some photos on Foma 100:

James Warner, HeggenDazs and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
James WarnerHeggenDazsGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from Henrique Alves on October 18, 2023, 10:30 pm

Pentax KM. Basically a K-mount Spotmatic, or a better K1000 but still with needle meter.

Some photos on Foma 100:

Great shots! and what a snazzy looking Pentax, I don't know if I've ever looked into the KM but now I think I must, I'm a sucker for black paint on a 35mm!

Currently, it's mainly my Canon FTb, Canon A1, and Olympus XA.

I just sold my MZ-S with BG-10 battery grip so now I have the following:

Pentax LX, Pentax KX, and Pentax MZ-6

Here are a few shots from my MZ-6 which never misses an exposure!

R1-02912-0003 by Tristan Carlos, on Flickr

R1-02912-0006 by Tristan Carlos, on Flickr

R1-02912-0014 by Tristan Carlos, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBP

I've just updated my kit list, I currently have 73 film cameras in various states of working/not working, type, format, etc.

I clearly have a problem...

Tristan Carlos, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosSpruceBruceJBP
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on November 29, 2023, 11:57 pm

I've just updated my kit list, I currently have 73 film cameras in various states of working/not working, type, format, etc.

Which one is your favourite? Or top 3?

SpruceBruce and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from tristancarlos on December 9, 2023, 10:28 am
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on November 29, 2023, 11:57 pm

Which one is your favourite? Or top 3?

I would find it impossible to narrow it down to only a single camera, so let's go for a few categories.

35mm SLR: Canon FTb QL

Medium Format: Bronica ETRS

Compact (and Rangefinder for that matter): Olympus XA

'Toy' Camera: A toss-up between my Sprocket Rocket or my Agfa Clack (both are absurd in their own way)

Tristan Carlos has reacted to this post.
Tristan Carlos
PreviousPage 2 of 4Next