Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Show me what film cameras you're currently shooting on!

Page 1 of 4Next

The goal of this thread is simple! I love the looks and the styles of all sorts of antique and even newer film cameras and would just like to see what everyone is shooting on. I'm currently bouncing between my *ist and my lovely collection of Minolta SLRs, shooting most fuji and Ilford delta. I cannot wait to show all of you the results but until then here's my Minoltas!

Minolta Family by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP

What an excellent studio shot that is! I love the gradient across the back and the blue stripe/gradient on the bottom. Just lovely. And those cameras are *sexy* (can I say that? It's true!).

Here's my film camera line up. They haven't seen real use in forever. Pretty sure the AE-1 Program has a roll in it with who knows what photos. The AE-1 was my introduction to photography, but I much prefer the K1000 now. I love the simplicity and the light meter is great. But the AE-1 is always tempting with its better focusing screen and ergonomics. 🙂 I do have a couple others but they are in shameful disrepair right now.

Edit: Golly I hate that I didn't properly clean the dust off the lenses before taking this photo! 🤦‍♂️

IMGP0083 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

HeggenDazs has reacted to this post.
HeggenDazs

Oh man, an AE-1 and K1000. that's a powerful duo. Literally 2 of the most universally acclaimed 35mm SLRs in your hands. I do plan on getting the Spotmatic F out for some shooting as well but that's not nearly as affluent as the indestructible K1000.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

*ist by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from HeggenDazs on April 26, 2022, 9:05 pm

Man, you're getting really good at those product shots. That *ist looks so slick.

I am just shooting the Pentax Z-1P. I had shot a couple rolls through my Pentax MX and then the shutter started getting sticky again. I might sell it for parts and pay the premium for a nice fixed up one, since the light meter doesn't work in it either. Or see how much it'd cost to get fixed up.

Uploaded files:
  • PXL_20220427_232653339.jpeg
SpruceBruce and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazs
Happy snappin' 🙂

Wow that's so opposite of traditional camera design between the hot shoe & LCD! Pretty cool!

I have such a large collection of film gear, I need to downsize it.

HeggenDazs has reacted to this post.
HeggenDazs

The Z-1P is such a crazy looking camera. None of the conventional design cues are taken and it's an absolute mishmash of ideas. The fact that it's so highly recommend in the Pentax community is kinda crazy, I'll have to try that camera soon.

Quote from James Warner on April 28, 2022, 12:40 am
Quote from HeggenDazs on April 26, 2022, 9:05 pm

Man, you're getting really good at those product shots. That *ist looks so slick.

I am just shooting the Pentax Z-1P. I had shot a couple rolls through my Pentax MX and then the shutter started getting sticky again. I might sell it for parts and pay the premium for a nice fixed up one, since the light meter doesn't work in it either. Or see how much it'd cost to get fixed up.

Thanks! I've been trying to perfect the art of product shots. It's actually a ton of fun.

Quote from SpruceBruce on April 28, 2022, 12:48 am

Wow that's so opposite of traditional camera design between the hot shoe & LCD! Pretty cool!

I have such a large collection of film gear, I need to downsize it.

That's so funny, I noticed the hot shoe right away and really appreciated the idea of it being off to the side (though admittedly I have not actually used it yet.) But for some reason it's never occurred to me until now that the top display panel is in a strange spot. 🤣 I don't know why, I guess I just got used to it all the sudden, or was busy admiring other parts of the camera. I wonder how many other cameras were like this? I can only think of one digital, and that's the Sony R1.

SpruceBruce and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazs
Happy snappin' 🙂

Sorry, I'm late to the party! Currently, I have film in the Petri Color 35, but also have put a roll through the Mercury II recently as well as the Voightlander Bessa. I've also used the Mamiya 645 lens a bunch, but on my digital body, so not sure if that counts haha.

Uploaded files:
  • JCT4883.jpg
SpruceBruce, HeggenDazs and FradBoob have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazsFradBoob
Ever striving for minimum competency
Page 1 of 4Next