Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Sharing Raw Foveon files from Sigma SD14

I was asked about sharing some RAW files from my Sigma SD14 after complaining (repeatedly, lol) about the muddiness of the files out of the camera and the work they require in post process to look right.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-5P5rYduqdpDK3wUJ0t9lDs6pqHSP-29?usp=sharing

Feel free to play with them. You can open in lightroom (unlike some later foveon files) or download sigma photo pro if you are super interested.

The first thing I do is change the white balance. That clears up most of the problems, so I think the camera is just bad at auto white balancing. But even after that they just take more tweaking to look normal. Curious what you think if you happen to play with them.

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett
Happy snappin' 🙂

Fun, thanks! And wow: the blue that this thing captures. I'm always looking for great blue (herons? sure, but also just the color). Looking back at your Flickr, man there is some insanely beautiful blue going on from this camera. (And I mean, I know the camera didn't take, nor edit, the photo. But still. The blue!)