Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your September Photos (2023)

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next

@grover I sent you a video link from a very good Youtube Macro Photographer on Flickr!

@gideon-liddiard-photography  I legitimately I can't guess which was which, also the IQ is astounding!  That is such a neat distillery!  I need to fly across the pond and visit it!

I attempted some Hummingbirds with my Minolta 7D & 70-210F4 Beercan, not super sharp and high in resolution, but it has a very soft 35mm film negative look to me.

Hovering in the Mexican Sunflowers by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Browsing the Mexican Sunflowers by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Perched by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Ascending by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

James Warner, denniscrommett and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerdenniscrommettkcphotogeekgroverEckyHDeleted userGideon Liddiard Photographynokk
Quote from SpruceBruce on September 12, 2023, 9:33 pm

@grover I sent you a video link from a very good Youtube Macro Photographer on Flickr!

@gideon-liddiard-photography  I legitimately I can't guess which was which, also the IQ is astounding!  That is such a neat distillery!  I need to fly across the pond and visit it!

I attempted some Hummingbirds with my Minolta 7D & 70-210F4 Beercan, not super sharp and high in resolution, but it has a very soft 35mm film negative look to me.

Hovering in the Mexican Sunflowers by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Browsing the Mexican Sunflowers by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Perched by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Ascending by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Really love the colors of these.

Out with my new Kodak DCS Pro 14/n this last week. Expect a Kodak focused video very soon!

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekgroverEckyHDeleted userGideon Liddiard Photographynokk
Happy snappin' 🙂

one of the few photos i've managed to process so far.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucegroverEckyH

More gig stuff:

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucekcphotogeekgroverEckyHDeleted usernokk

I found a couple of cameras in the local charity shop a few days ago. Both were sold "as seen" for ÂŁ1 each. The assistant told me that they weren't working, (very possibly as neither had batteries?).

So, I went home with a Nikon Coolpix 885 (3.21 Mp) with a bag and charger but no battery and a Konica Revio KD-100 (1.3Mp) which used two AAs.  The Nikon went on sale in September 2001 and the Konica in July 2002. Both needed a shot of contact cleaner on the battery terminals but are otherwise fine.

The photos from the Konica were disappointing, especially as it has a fixed 9mm f3.0 lens  Since this could be my fault, I plan to have another play and see if things can be improved. Using this camera reminded me why I happily carried on with film until 2007.

I quite enjoyed the Nikon even though the rear screen is microscopic and useless in yesterday's bright sunshine.  So it was a matter of click it on auto then point and shoot. The Nikon has a useful feature that I haven't come across before.  A *.txt file is automatically generated containing all the camera settings for each jpeg as it taken, and saved on the CF card with the images.

Here are some Nikon 885 shots from my walk down by the River Nene, Northamptonshire on a sunny autumn afternoon.

Uploaded files:
  • DSCN2116.JPG
  • DSCN2107.JPG
  • DSCN2101.JPG
  • DSCN2129.JPG
  • DSCN2121.JPG
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucedenniscrommettgroverEckyHGideon Liddiard Photographynokk
Quote from SpruceBruce on September 12, 2023, 9:33 pm

Many thanks, the Minolta is turning out to be very capable when circumstances suit it (mainly to do with ISO), and the lens on it is excellent.

The distillery is amazing, it's got a lot of photography, and the gin is damn good as well. 

the courier in ncr ranger gear from the fallout new vegas video game.  shot in lassen volcanic national park in california on a smoky day.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucegroverGideon Liddiard Photography

I have quite a few photos from September. 

At the end of August and begining of September we have been on holidays in South Korea, so you can imagine being a tourist I have thousands of images ( I promise you my K3-III was shooting only at Burst Speed M not H), but there was one day I felt like shooting in camera B&W.

And also I found myself panning while a metro convoy was approaching. I think I was panning at 1/8sec with the 21mm f3.2.

Can you find the girl in the picture? 

I just upload it because I find it kind of funny and also diferent.

IMGP5352 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

I do too have photos about race cars, this last weekend I have been shooting. But that'll come later 🙂

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettgroverGideon Liddiard Photographynokk
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

More from the weekends gigs

SpruceBruce, grover and nokk have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucegrovernokk
Quote from grover on September 10, 2023, 11:22 pm

My dog went pee at 4am so in a moment of insanity I decided to bust out of the house and drive an hour west to Mount Rundel and Two Jack Lake in Banff National Park, Alberta Canada.

Primarily shot with my Pentax K-1 II and Tamron 28-75mm f2.8. The Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 with the Tamron 1.4x teleconverter also made it out of the bag. Some shots taken used a new $15 graduated filter from Aliexpress. Quite pleased with the value for money on that purchase.

All in all a good snap second decision to head out. Sometimes you just need to get out like that. Breakfast at McDonalds without the kids is weird!

IMGP5517_Export 8 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5560_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5543_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5544_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5571_Export 4 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5563_Export 3 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP0008_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5604_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5593_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

Love the landscape shots!

denniscrommett and grover have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettgrover
Ever striving for minimum competency
PreviousPage 3 of 6Next