Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your September Photos (2023)

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next

My dog went pee at 4am so in a moment of insanity I decided to bust out of the house and drive an hour west to Mount Rundel and Two Jack Lake in Banff National Park, Alberta Canada.

Primarily shot with my Pentax K-1 II and Tamron 28-75mm f2.8. The Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 with the Tamron 1.4x teleconverter also made it out of the bag. Some shots taken used a new $15 graduated filter from Aliexpress. Quite pleased with the value for money on that purchase.

All in all a good snap second decision to head out. Sometimes you just need to get out like that. Breakfast at McDonalds without the kids is weird!

IMGP5517_Export 8 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5560_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5543_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5544_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5571_Export 4 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5563_Export 3 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP0008_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5604_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5593_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekDavid MaynardEckyHDeleted userGideon Liddiard Photography

Took the Fuji X-T10 w/16-50mm F3.5-5.6 kit lens out yesterday. The idea was to choose between that and the Samsung NX500. Bit of an odd comparison I know, one a 16mp APSC cameras the other a 28mp BSI APSC, one a dead system the other very much alive. Both have sensors different from the norm. But I don't think I'll need to take out the NX500 again. I love the image from the X-T10. Despite the BSI and 12MP difference I don't see any benefit practically, the NX500 low light was quite disappointing (though BNWs are lovely). 

Ironically though I decided to sell both cameras and will buy an X-T1 with a 35mm F2 (WR version), as I realised for all the weather sealed cameras I own I don't have many WR lenses and no WR primes. 

Uploaded files:
  • Makati091023-030.jpg
  • Makati091023-023.jpg
  • Makati091023-004.jpg
  • Makati091023-005.jpg
  • Makati091023-020.jpg
Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBrucedenniscrommettgroverEckyHGideon Liddiard Photographynokk
Kieran

A trip to the Bombay Sapphire Distillery yesterday, and I took an unusual pairing of digital cameras. My trusty Lumix GX7 with my Minolta Dimage 7i (a 5 mega-pixel bridge camera from 2002). Who can spot which one was on the Minolta?

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekgroverEckyHnokk

Pentax DA* 300mm F4

The Staredown by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Quantaray 50mm F2.8 Macro Tech 10 & Minolta 7D

Zinnia Florets! by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Green Darner by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

SO MUCH POLLEN by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Ferns by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Zinnia reflection by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

And so it begins.... by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

kcphotogeek, grover and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekgroverEckyHnokk
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on September 11, 2023, 7:06 am

A trip to the Bombay Sapphire Distillery yesterday, and I took an unusual pairing of digital cameras. My trusty Lumix GX7 with my Minolta Dimage 7i (a 5 mega-pixel bridge camera from 2002). Who can spot which were taken on the Minolta?

Honestly no, could make an educated guess that the first and last were the Minolta.

I'm currently looking for a good night photography setup to do larger cityscape prints. Looking across the options 2 of the best were the Pentax K1 and the Nikon D610 on the DP Review test. There was no significant IQ upgrade on more recent cameras you could even argue a slight decrease in IQ as banding was present o some newer cameras. Most of the upgrades in the last 10yrs are AF and video spec based.

SpruceBruce and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGideon Liddiard Photography
Kieran

A trip to the Bombay Sapphire Distillery yesterday, and I took an unusual pairing of digital cameras. My trusty Lumix GX7 with my Minolta Dimage 7i (a 5 mega-pixel bridge camera from 2002). Who can spot which one was on the Minolta?

Cool shots. What a neat building!

... the Minolta. It's tough to determine which shot! I'm going to guess the second one based on the rendering of the black pipe running down the left side of the building?

Gideon Liddiard Photography has reacted to this post.
Gideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from SpruceBruce on September 11, 2023, 7:30 am

Stunning. You have some interesting insects near you. Are you using a flash all-the-time for your insect macros? Any pointers for a getting started or maybe links/videos that you found helpful? I have both a 50mm and 105mm 1:1 macro but I'm not getting anywhere near the kind of wow factor as you!

Quote from grover on September 11, 2023, 10:20 pm

... the Minolta. It's tough to determine which shot! I'm going to guess the second one based on the rendering of the black pipe running down the left side of the building?

Many thanks, it is an amazing building. Oh and we have a winner, it was indeed the second shot.

The Minolta had an additional disadvantage as well, as it was shooting JPEG vs RAW, as TIFF and RAW files take 18-20 seconds to write in the 7i, and lock up the camera when they are doing so.

grover has reacted to this post.
grover

The bicycle in front of something missing...

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20230912_130918.jpg
grover has reacted to this post.
grover
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on September 12, 2023, 7:40 am
Quote from grover on September 11, 2023, 10:20 pm

Many thanks, it is an amazing building. Oh and we have a winner, it was indeed the second shot.

The Minolta had an additional disadvantage as well, as it was shooting JPEG vs RAW, as TIFF and RAW files take 18-20 seconds to write in the 7i, and lock up the camera when they are doing so.

I'm a bit surprised I picked the right photo to be honest. I always loose those contests. I don't think the use of the Minolta detracted from the image in any way.

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next