Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your Photos October 2021!

PreviousPage 5 of 5

Juvenile great blue, going in for the score.  gigantic crop pretty high ISO 3K I think.

New auto mask subject detection in LR is downright amazing. Now I have to go back and redo everything from about the past 4 years. Ha!

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_1401-2.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawad

I'm really glad you guys liked it that much, and I really appreciate the replies.

honestly it felt so cool to be that close to such a marvelous creature and I felt so lucky with that shot.

@kankrat the shot is absolutely gorgeous, and the quality is really decent still I love it

Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruce

First few attempts of night shots with the K-3 II. Not great, not bad. Still a lot to learn and I'm not super great at putting the two different shots together yet (one with startracer for the sky, one without for the landscape.)

Mississippi at night by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Nightlights by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

For some reason this one looks way oversharpened? I swear I didn't go ham with HDR or anything like that. (it could be a side effect of really messing with the exposure and highlights dunno)

KankRat and Gawad have reacted to this post.
KankRatGawad
Quote from HeggenDazs on November 1, 2021, 2:14 pm

First few attempts of night shots with the K-3 II. Not great, not bad. Still a lot to learn and I'm not super great at putting the two different shots together yet (one with startracer for the sky, one without for the landscape.)

Heggen[/url], on Flickr

For some reason this one looks way oversharpened? I swear I didn't go ham with HDR or anything like that. (it could be a side effect of really messing with the exposure and highlights dunno)

I don't see it as over sharpening.  There is a lot of color noise in the sky on the second second one. Look pretty cool to me.

Mississippi In Autumn by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Marquette from Wyalusing by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Stairs to Autumn by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Blossoming in Autumn by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from HeggenDazs on November 3, 2021, 3:30 pm

Mississippi In Autumn by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Marquette from Wyalusing by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Stairs to Autumn by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Blossoming in Autumn by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

These are beautiful! You said you were Iowegian  right? Is that the Dubuque area of the state? I lived up in Wisconsin where the St Croix converged on the Mississippi! I love the driftless, prime photography and fly fishing heaven to me. It never gets old how the flat farm land of the Midwest suddenly turns into a bluff and steep river valley.

Yup, Iowan from birth. What you're viewing is just north of Dubuque in the Iowa/Wisconsin border of Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin and Marquette, Iowa. Viewed from the peak of Wyalusing State Park in Wisconsin.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

That area of Iowa is absolutely amazing and is my favorite place to be. Galena, Dubuque, Harper's Ferry, Le Claire and Davenport are favorite of mine in that area to visit.

PreviousPage 5 of 5