Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your Photos October 2021!

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next
Quote from HeggenDazs on October 27, 2021, 7:35 pm

Just getting back into photography after quite a bit of a hiatus. Would be curious to hear what people have to say about some of the stuff I'm shooting. I've only shot a few days since I received my camera so there's a lot of limits testing yet and a bit of learning to do with the instruments at my disposal.

@heggendazs Keep it up! That's all I've got. Those are great shots

Great perk of flying into Boeing Field, free admission from our FBO to this awesome collection. They even have the original building that the first Boeing's were built in on site. It's cool to talk to the staff as well, alot of them were mechanics at the Boeing plant over the years. 1970s Rokkor Minolta 28mm F3.5 adapted to my Nikon Z50 with a Kodak TriX preset.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_2144.jpg
  • DSC_2116.jpg
  • DSC_2110.jpg
  • DSC_2133.jpg
  • DSC_2088.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and Gawad have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungGawad

This month has been a wild one for us! My wife just had our third child so we've been going through a bit of an adjustment. But we did manage to do some photography! Did a bit of a staged shoot with Grandpa's hand holding the new baby's feet. Really happy with how it came out. My only regret is that we didn't get similar shots with our other kids!

Uploaded files:
  • 245651275_198681839069121_1534061905111809730_n.jpg
Justin Tung, KankRat and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungKankRatSpruceBruceGawad

Shattered by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Broken by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

I think my Praktica F.X2 broke? Not sure what's up with these results from Ilford 200 B&W but it's sorta neat how it broke so I thought I'd share. Hopefully some less broken, more comprehensible film results to come, going out with a bunch of Fujichrome 400 and my Minolta X-7A, Minolta X-700 and Maxxum 5000. Will share results from those probably next month depending on how long it takes to get the exposures from those. 6 rolls worth of film oughta bring some results.

James Warner and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruce
Quote from SpruceBruce on October 28, 2021, 2:24 am
Quote from HeggenDazs on October 27, 2021, 7:35 pm

Just getting back into photography after quite a bit of a hiatus. Would be curious to hear what people have to say about some of the stuff I'm shooting. I've only shot a few days since I received my camera so there's a lot of limits testing yet and a bit of learning to do with the instruments at my disposal.

@heggendazs Keep it up! That's all I've got. Those are great shots

Great perk of flying into Boeing Field, free admission from our FBO to this awesome collection. They even have the original building that the first Boeing's were built in on site. It's cool to talk to the staff as well, alot of them were mechanics at the Boeing plant over the years. 1970s Rokkor Minolta 28mm F3.5 adapted to my Nikon Z50 with a Kodak TriX preset.

Love all your unique plane shots. Makes me want to find an airplane museum or airshow near me and take some shots in your honor. 😀

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Beau Carpenter on October 28, 2021, 9:22 pm

This month has been a wild one for us! My wife just had our third child so we've been going through a bit of an adjustment. But we did manage to do some photography! Did a bit of a staged shoot with Grandpa's hand holding the new baby's feet. Really happy with how it came out. My only regret is that we didn't get similar shots with our other kids!

Congrats again 🙂 Busy busy but good busy. I loved having all the special family time right after our children were born. Special time. That's a beautiful shot! You are making some really beautiful portraits with lighting. I feel very weak in that area. I need to understand lighting techniques better. All feels so intimidating.

Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from HeggenDazs on October 28, 2021, 9:33 pm

Shattered by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Broken by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

I think my Praktica F.X2 broke? Not sure what's up with these results from Ilford 200 B&W but it's sorta neat how it broke so I thought I'd share. Hopefully some less broken, more comprehensible film results to come, going out with a bunch of Fujichrome 400 and my Minolta X-7A, Minolta X-700 and Maxxum 5000. Will share results from those probably next month depending on how long it takes to get the exposures from those. 6 rolls worth of film oughta bring some results.

Yeah it takes me a while to get through film. It's also a month at least haha.

That's kinda odd, I'm not really sure what happened. Some alien creature was in your fridge is what the second pic looks like. Cool look though! Couldn't make that if I tried haha.

Beau Carpenter and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterHeggenDazs
Happy snappin' 🙂

I wish I could tell you exactly what that was supposed to be, I think it was store front in Galena, Il. Dunno for sure though.

Quote from SpruceBruce on October 20, 2021, 5:11 am
Quote from Gawad on October 20, 2021, 2:47 am

@sprucebruce I couldn't help but think this boat looked familiar and after checking I think this is the same one jason from the channel "grainydays" had shot in his large format video and this just felt like such a cool coincidence, also the shots are amazing.

school is back so I've been procrastinating posting these for a while now but I finally managed to get back into my flickr account yaay:D

IMG_20211014_195012 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">this probably my favourite one

2021-10-14 07.44.47 1 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">who would've guessed shooting birds with a manual lens wouldn't be easy haha

1634233133436-01 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">..

DSC05668-01 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">.

@Gawad it is in his Bay Area video, if you ever make it across the pond; it's in Point Reyes National Seashore just North of the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco.  It's a very popular photospot, I patiently waited a good 30 minutes for everyone to leave the boat to get those pictures.  I so wanted to take those photos even if they're unoriginal. There's something about old abandoned boats and cars that draw me in...I'm thoroughly impressed with Kodak Colorplus 200 as well, it's such a good stock for cheap.

thank you so much, I'd definitely love to visit sometime, nature in the us is gorgeous.

I also believe not every shot has to be a first of a kind, otherwise we'll all be sitting at home stressed out about remaking art instead of enjoying and creating the things we love.

@james-warner-b thank you so much I hope you guys get to visit one day and see it for yourselves

decided to bring my camera along with me to college and the vivitar 28-105mm f/3.5 for the nice range it covers and lucky me we're right next to the veterinary school barn so I ended up with some nice shots.

also the lens preformed surprisingly quite well producing pleasing colors and sharp images.

IMG_20211026_163350 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">1..

IMG_20211029_094541 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">.

IMG_20211029_094351 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">.

IMG_20211029_101246 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">.

IMG_20211026_220756 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">.

IMG_20211027_093249 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">.

James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruce

Love the vibe of those shots. The Ostrich(?) shot is awesome. Colors and framing remind me of Wes Anderson. The clouds in the background make it. Awesome stuff.

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on October 30, 2021, 1:12 am

Love the vibe of those shots. The Ostrich(?) shot is awesome. Colors and framing remind me of Wes Anderson. The clouds in the background make it. Awesome stuff.

Agreed, I was going to comment the same thing on that first photo.

It really made me stop and look at it for a minute. The color combination is really striking. I find it difficult to get a pleasing red/blue combination in photography or design.

SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad
PreviousPage 4 of 5Next