Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your Photos October 2021!

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next
Quote from SpruceBruce on October 16, 2021, 7:43 am

I took my Yashica Fx-D with a 28mm F2.8 and 80-200mm F4 with me, when I was working in California last month.  I just got done scanning my negs, Ilford HP5 and Kodak Colorplus 200.

The exposure choice on these daylight shots are splendid! Do you get much use out of the telezoom?

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on October 17, 2021, 3:13 pm
Quote from SpruceBruce on October 16, 2021, 7:43 am

I took my Yashica Fx-D with a 28mm F2.8 and 80-200mm F4 with me, when I was working in California last month.  I just got done scanning my negs, Ilford HP5 and Kodak Colorplus 200.

The exposure choice on these daylight shots are splendid! Do you get much use out of the telezoom?

A slight amount, not too much.  It's pretty sharp once you stop down, but a tad soft wide open. Here's some I took with them.

Uploaded files:
  • 01-25.jpg
  • 01-10.jpg
  • 01-31.jpg
  • 01-24-1.jpg
  • 01-35-1.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and Gawad have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungGawad

@sprucebruce I couldn't help but think this boat looked familiar and after checking I think this is the same one jason from the channel "grainydays" had shot in his large format video and this just felt like such a cool coincidence, also the shots are amazing.

school is back so I've been procrastinating posting these for a while now but I finally managed to get back into my flickr account yaay:D

IMG_20211014_195012 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">this probably my favourite one

2021-10-14 07.44.47 1 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">who would've guessed shooting birds with a manual lens wouldn't be easy haha

1634233133436-01 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">..

DSC05668-01 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">.

James Warner, Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruce
Quote from Gawad on October 20, 2021, 2:47 am

@sprucebruce I couldn't help but think this boat looked familiar and after checking I think this is the same one jason from the channel "grainydays" had shot in his large format video and this just felt like such a cool coincidence, also the shots are amazing.

school is back so I've been procrastinating posting these for a while now but I finally managed to get back into my flickr account yaay:D

IMG_20211014_195012 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">this probably my favourite one

2021-10-14 07.44.47 1 by abdelrahman abdelgawad, on Flickr">who would've guessed shooting birds with a manual lens wouldn't be easy haha

@Gawad it is in his Bay Area video, if you ever make it across the pond; it's in Point Reyes National Seashore just North of the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco.  It's a very popular photospot, I patiently waited a good 30 minutes for everyone to leave the boat to get those pictures.  I so wanted to take those photos even if they're unoriginal. There's something about old abandoned boats and cars that draw me in...I'm thoroughly impressed with Kodak Colorplus 200 as well, it's such a good stock for cheap.

Beautiful compositions! My coworker just got back from traveling Egypt, I'd like to make my way over one day.  Is that a park in the first photo?  Looks absolutely stunning and peaceful.  I like the colors, they really pop on your photos.

And for my daily upload, I made a long day trip down to Southeastern Minnesota near Iowa, for some trout fly fishing in the Driftless river bluff country.  I brought my Pentax KP & 18-135 along with me in the car to capture some roadside views.  The autumn colors are alive in the hills!

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0043.jpg
  • IMGP0052-1.jpg
  • IMGP0025-1.jpg
  • IMGP0030-1.jpg
  • IMGP0031.jpg
Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterGawad

Was at a local reservoir walking about with the family when some geese flew by rather close. Had my Canon 5d with 200mm f/2.8 and was able to quickly capture a few frames! Probably the first time I've had the satisfaction of capturing in something in motion like this.

Uploaded files:
  • MG_0176-1.jpg
SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad
Quote from Beau Carpenter on October 20, 2021, 7:54 pm

Was at a local reservoir walking about with the family when some geese flew by rather close. Had my Canon 5d with 200mm f/2.8 and was able to quickly capture a few frames! Probably the first time I've had the satisfaction of capturing in something in motion like this.

Nailed it, I'd say birds in flight while panning is the hardest of photos to take!  The rudest Canadian you'll ever meet 😆

Sweet shots. I feel like I get to experience a little bit of your side of the world through your beautiful pictures.

Quote from SpruceBruce on October 20, 2021, 5:11 am

@Gawad it is in his Bay Area video, if you ever make it across the pond; it's in Point Reyes National Seashore just North of the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco.  It's a very popular photospot, I patiently waited a good 30 minutes for everyone to leave the boat to get those pictures.  I so wanted to take those photos even if they're unoriginal. There's something about old abandoned boats and cars that draw me in...I'm thoroughly impressed with Kodak Colorplus 200 as well, it's such a good stock for cheap.

Beautiful compositions! My coworker just got back from traveling Egypt, I'd like to make my way over one day.  Is that a park in the first photo?  Looks absolutely stunning and peaceful.  I like the colors, they really pop on your photos.

And for my daily upload, I made a long day trip down to Southeastern Minnesota near Iowa, for some trout fly fishing in the Driftless river bluff country.  I brought my Pentax KP & 18-135 along with me in the car to capture some roadside views.  The autumn colors are alive in the hills!

Funny about waiting for the boat. I'm glad I'm over my phase of being too cool to get a shot other people have gotten. Cuz dangit, if I had been the first one there I probably would have got the same shot anyway so why not get it now lol. I thought those shots were beautiful with the light, and I hadn't even watched that grainydays video so I just thought you had found your own abandoned boat 🙂

Pretty autumn pictures. Things just get brown here, we don't get a lot of color. There are small patches of maple trees in a ravine a few hours away, and people travel for hours and book the while park to go see it when the colors change. That's how desperate we are here in southern Texas haha.

Quote from Beau Carpenter on October 20, 2021, 7:54 pm

Birds in flight are very satisfying to get a nice picture of. I only have a few, but I agree it makes you feel pretty cool 😀 Nice pic.

SpruceBruceGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂

Some pictures from a bike around I did a few days ago. Video goes up Friday morning. Took my Sony F828 and an infrared converted Sony A100 with Mionolta 28mm f2.8. Fun times. I guess I'm a Sony fanboy now. Just not because of an A7 series 😉

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂

Made for the Silver Screen by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Distressed by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Nobody's Home by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

fall by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

SpruceBruceGawad

Just getting back into photography after quite a bit of a hiatus. Would be curious to hear what people have to say about some of the stuff I'm shooting. I've only shot a few days since I received my camera so there's a lot of limits testing yet and a bit of learning to do with the instruments at my disposal.

Justin Tung and Beau Carpenter have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau Carpenter
PreviousPage 3 of 5Next