Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your photos from March

Just starting an ongoing thread for photos taken in March 2021. Here are a few from yesterday on my full-spectrum K-01 and Pentax M 28mm 2.8 lens.

IMGP8781 by Snappiness, on Flickr

IMGP8787 by Snappiness, on Flickr

IMGP8791 by Snappiness, on Flickr

Let me see what you are shooting this month!

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and Deleted user have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceDeleted user
Happy snappin' 🙂

First, these shots are so cool and surreal looking. Makes me think of some sort of science fiction.

Second, I am really excited to see what everyone has to share! Thanks for creating a place for people to talk photography where the focus isn't the latest and greatest gear.

Third, here's some photos from the beginning of the month:

Panasonic GX85 100mm f/16 .8s Handheld

Pentax K5 17mm f/16 13s Tripod

Pentax K5 17mm f/16 30s Tripod

Pentax K5 35mm f/4 1/125

James Warner, SpruceBruce and Deleted user have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceDeleted user

Those are all awesome! The third pic with the light painting in front of the building is so intriguing because the building looks perfectly level as the horizon but then the road and light painting look slanted from that plane. It looks like the building is taller on one side than the other in order to make this happen, but it has taken me a whole inspecting it to see that. Very cool shot.

Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Happy snappin' 🙂

Splurged and bought an expensive filter for my full-spectrum modified Pentax K-01. Been playing with that the last few days. Here are some shots, straight out of camera.

Hope y'all are still finding time to get creative out there... March all the sudden got very busy for me.

Beau Carpenter and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

The color palettes here are so unique. Love this one! I had no idea there was so much to Infrared photography. The only thing I knew about it before was that if you point a remote with an infrared diode at your cell phone camera you could see the purple light 😂

For the past week, I've been using camera JPEGs as a creative constraint. Shooting square format with a high contrast black and white profile. Will post some images later on 👍

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Quote from Beau Carpenter on March 23, 2021, 12:11 pm

The color palettes here are so unique. Love this one! I had no idea there was so much to Infrared photography. The only thing I knew about it before was that if you point a remote with an infrared diode at your cell phone camera you could see the purple light 😂

For the past week, I've been using camera JPEGs as a creative constraint. Shooting square format with a high contrast black and white profile. Will post some images later on 👍

That's a really fun idea. I love putting little constraints or challenges on myself to get the creative juices flowing. Whatever gets you taking pics.

Here's some more infrared, but this time macro shots in the backyard. I admit they are a little creepy.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Recently I flew up to Fairbanks for work, I'm an aircraft mechanic for Sun Country.  We started to fly freight for Amazon up there, and I supervised the establishment of our operation up there. Naturally I brought my Nikon Z50 with a 16-50/50-250 lens kit and DJI Mini 2 with me to capture the Alaskan "spring" just driving around with my rental car. The average temperature was -15 F.  These are some of my favorites I captured.  I got lucky to capture the Northern Lights one night from the Clearly Summit about 25-30 miles outside Fairbanks off the Steese Highway.  Flew my drone around a Gold Dredge near the Chatanika River that was abandoned and burned.  And some landscape shots of the Alaskan Range near Valdez.  Finally to conclude the post, a DC-6 inside Everts Air Cargo and a parts C46 in their boneyard.  Amazing they keep these 1940s/50s airframes going to bring cargo and fuel into remote Alaskan work sites and villages.  My Pentax KP setup was too bulky to pack with me unfortunately, but I did bring a Point and Shoot Canon Snappy TX Macro  my neighbor put out on the curb for free last summer. I'm anticipating to see how they develop and look forward to make a post about that as well. It'll be the first roll of film I pushed through it.

IMG_0477 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

IMG_0476 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Photo_7143643_DJI_219_jpg_4452417_0_2021319112718_photo_original (1) by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Photo_7143706_DJI_282_pano_11684470_0_202132312248_photo_pano by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

DJI_0285 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

DSC_0850 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

DSC_0739 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

DSC_0731 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

James Warner and Beau Carpenter have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau Carpenter

Very cool & cold!

Love these shots

SpruceBruce
Quote from SpruceBruce on April 1, 2021, 8:56 am

Recently I flew up to Fairbanks for work, I'm an aircraft mechanic for Sun Country.  We started to fly freight for Amazon up there, and I supervised the establishment of our operation up there. Naturally I brought my Nikon Z50 with a 16-50/50-250 lens kit and DJI Mini 2 with me to capture the Alaskan "spring" just driving around with my rental car. The average temperature was -15 F.  These are some of my favorites I captured.  I got lucky to capture the Northern Lights one night from the Clearly Summit about 25-30 miles outside Fairbanks off the Steese Highway.  Flew my drone around a Gold Dredge near the Chatanika River that was abandoned and burned.  And some landscape shots of the Alaskan Range near Valdez.  Finally to conclude the post, a DC-6 inside Everts Air Cargo and a parts C46 in their boneyard.  Amazing they keep these 1940s/50s airframes going to bring cargo and fuel into remote Alaskan work sites and villages.  My Pentax KP setup was too bulky to pack with me unfortunately, but I did bring a Point and Shoot Canon Snappy TX Macro  my neighbor put out on the curb for free last summer. I'm anticipating to see how they develop and look forward to make a post about that as well. It'll be the first roll of film I pushed through it.

Those are amazing! I still want to photograph the northern lights one day. I have a trip planned out to Alaska with where I would fly to, where I would stay and the times I would go. Not sure when I'll be able to execute on that but it's there 🙂

Very cool plane shots too. Thanks for sharing those.

SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂