Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your October Photos

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next
Quote from PentaxEd on October 7, 2022, 3:52 pm

I was blessed with the opportunity to take a trip to Costa Rica. Taken with my K3 paired with SMC Pentax-FA 50mm F2.8 Macro and HD DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 WR PLM. Can't wait to go back!

Fantastic!!

Here's a few photos I finally got around to editing from my trip last month. All taken with the Pentax K-3 III and 55-300mm PLM lens. I like this lens better for landscape/hiking than wildlife.

Sunrise by Snappiness, on Flickr

Sunrise by Snappiness, on Flickr

Moisture by Snappiness, on Flickr

Solitary by Snappiness, on Flickr

KankRat, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruceGawadJBPFradBoobDavid MaynardEckyH
Happy snappin' 🙂

Those look good.  I always wondered how good (or bad) the 18-200 or 300 lenses would be.

Took this pic of the moon, handheld with my 200-500mm.  I shot a jpeg SOOC that actually looked pretty impressive,  but got even better with a little sharpening in LR. It's pretty amazing what modern camera gear can do.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_8315.JPG
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawadPentaxEdDavid MaynardEckyH

Now I got what Bob Ross meant when he said: “There are no mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
And yes, fortunately a German TV station streams his shows currently. At night. Please don’t ask…

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20221013_tongue_0001.jpg
James Warner and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruce
Veni, vidi, serravi.

@kankrat WOW! That moon photos is amazing, and especially given that it was a handheld photo!

We had a quick mid-week trip to the nearby Lake Arrowhead and I had the chance to get out shooting! Including one iPhone Pano shot as well from the drive home (my battery was dead on the Fuji, but it was better to get a pano shot anyway given how amazing the view was!).

Fuji X-E4 Samyang 12mm Manual Lens:

Oct1 - 1 by David Maynard, on Flickr

15-45mm Lens:

Oct1 - 2 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Oct1 - 3 by David Maynard, on Flickr

iPhone 13 Pro Pano:

Oct1 - 4 by David Maynard, on Flickr

James WarnerSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettJBPEckyH
Quote from EckyH on October 15, 2022, 8:16 am

Now I got what Bob Ross meant when he said: “There are no mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
And yes, fortunately a German TV station streams his shows currently. At night. Please don’t ask…

E.

Cool shot.  I used to watch Bill Alexander, Bob Ross, mentor in that style of painting.  Look him up on YT.

EckyH has reacted to this post.
EckyH

I'm cheating a bit in that these were actually taken three years ago on my first ever digital camera, the Samsung NX11  (a nice old dead system available for cheap!) with the kit lens. I'm justifying it because I finally found these pictures buried on an old hard drive and ended up editing them yesterday - that counts as October "image making", right? Quite pleased with them - my first and only attempt at street photography (hard to do with my current big, clunky Pentax gear!).

Uploaded files:
  • also-yes-SRW_DxO_DeepPRIME-3.jpg
  • SAM_6761-SRW_DxO_DeepPRIME-3.jpg
  • SAM_6763-SRW_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
  • SAM_6764-SRW_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
  • SAM_6766-SRW_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettJBPEckyH
Quote from FradBoob on October 15, 2022, 9:50 pm

I'm cheating a bit in that these were actually taken three years ago on my first ever digital camera, the Samsung NX11  (a nice old dead system available for cheap!) with the kit lens. I'm justifying it because I finally found these pictures buried on an old hard drive and ended up editing them yesterday - that counts as October "image making", right? Quite pleased with them - my first and only attempt at street photography (hard to do with my current big, clunky Pentax gear!).

Counts for me 😉

Really clean looking black and whites. I love the scenes of the people! I always admire when street photographers can find that split second where everyone lines up in some almost posed way, but you know it was just a moment in time most people missed.

FradBoob has reacted to this post.
FradBoob
Happy snappin' 🙂

Tasha...

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20221017_tasha_0001.jpg
denniscrommett and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettDavid Maynard
Veni, vidi, serravi.
PreviousPage 4 of 6Next