Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your October Photos

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next

I was blessed with the opportunity to take a trip to Costa Rica. Taken with my K3 paired with SMC Pentax-FA 50mm F2.8 Macro and HD DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 WR PLM. Can't wait to go back!

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP5748.jpg
  • IMGP5588.jpg
  • IMGP3332.jpg
  • IMGP3787.jpg
  • IMGP3874.jpg
James Warner, KankRat and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPEckyH

Some pics taken during a walk today. All with the GR III. Might be the last urban photography for a little while as I'll be back in Ireland in just over a week.

Uploaded files:
  • untitled-13.jpg
  • untitled-18.jpg
  • untitled-60.jpg
  • untitled-68.jpg
  • untitled-78.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBPEckyH
Kieran

Palm Warbler by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

DXO Pure RAW strikes again. beautify fixed the noise.

see Photolab 6 is out with Pure RAW XD.  Now what to do...wait till they offer it alone?

SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeek
Quote from PentaxEd on October 7, 2022, 3:52 pm

I was blessed with the opportunity to take a trip to Costa Rica. Taken with my K3 paired with SMC Pentax-FA 50mm F2.8 Macro and HD DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 WR PLM. Can't wait to go back!

Wow! So many vivid colors. Great captures. Now I want to visit Costa Rica 🙂

Happy snappin' 🙂

I went to see the elites finish the Chicago Marathon. Blows my mind how fast these people are.  Men's winner averaged a 4:45 pace.  Insane. Women's second place broke the American record.

I just edited mens 1st, 2nd and 3rd, women's 1st and second. Women's third ran about 5 feet from me I an not sure why, she was on the wrong side of the course.

I just made an album in Flickr

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAavmU

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Something diagonal...

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20221007_diagonal_0001.jpg
  • 20221009_diagonal_0001.jpg
KankRat, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeek
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from kcphotogeek on October 8, 2022, 10:56 am

Some pics taken during a walk today. All with the GR III. Might be the last urban photography for a little while as I'll be back in Ireland in just over a week.

Nice shots. Of them, I like #1 best maybe 2.  Might look good in B&W too.

Quote from KankRat on October 9, 2022, 5:45 pm

I went to see the elites finish the Chicago Marathon. Blows my mind how fast these people are.  Men's winner averaged a 4:45 pace.  Insane. Women's second place broke the American record.

I just edited mens 1st, 2nd and 3rd, women's 1st and second. Women's third ran about 5 feet from me I an not sure why, she was on the wrong side of the course.

That's super neat you went to capture those amazing athletes! I was just talking about marathon best times with my wife the other day. I had to quit running pretty early due to arthritis, but at my peak I barely forced out a sub 20 minute 5k, which was something like a 6:20 pace for me. My mind cannot even fathom the pace they ran for a 5k, let alone a marathon!!

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on October 10, 2022, 4:52 pm
Quote from KankRat on October 9, 2022, 5:45 pm

That's super neat you went to capture those amazing athletes! I was just talking about marathon best times with my wife the other day. I had to quit running pretty early due to arthritis, but at my peak I barely forced out a sub 20 minute 5k, which was something like a 6:20 pace for me. My mind cannot even fathom the pace they ran for a 5k, let alone a marathon!!

Found out women third passed out as soon as she crossed the line. When she passed us on the wrong side of the course she was probably delirious.

My fastest 5K was a 6:19 pace, but it was part of a traiing run and in the middle of a week pushing 70 miles. Small race, I won something probably age group.

Anyway at that time my my marathon pace was 7:00, I ran 3:04 in Boston and Chicago.  so you were probably capable of something in that range if you put in the endurance train miles.  That second race got too warm, I think I had a shot at sub 3:00.  Was at 1:30 and change at the half.

Quote from PentaxEd on October 7, 2022, 3:52 pm

WHOA AWESOME JOB

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett
PreviousPage 3 of 6Next