Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your October Photos

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next

@kankrat Never tried the Olympus 60mm yet, or the 30mm F3.5 as well.  I opted to try out the 7Artisans 60mm MkII (recently sold) & the Laowa 50mm F2.8 2X instead, since both had just as outstanding reviews as the Olympus and were significantly cheaper.  Part of macro that really drew me in, is you can make some real fun experiments and results for very little money invested.

Today’s exscursion, with the Fuji Finepix Pro S2, and stacked with extension tubes with a Nikkor 28mm F3.5 Pre AI film era lens.  Surprisingly the catch in focus from this 2002 DSLR is pretty accurate.

James Warner, denniscrommett and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerdenniscrommettJBPPentaxEdEckyH
Quote from kcphotogeek on October 2, 2022, 10:19 am

Wow photos are amazing so far and it's only the 2nd October @sprucebruce those macro shots are stunning

@james-warner-b I love the colours in those shots, do you reckon it's the camera or the lens (or a bit of both)

@kankrat great shot the light on the feather tips really make it pop

Had the first sunny weekend here for quite a while there's been a lot of storms/typhoons recently, so got to use the GXR S10 for IR and the recently neglected Mx-1. Makati where I live is the financial centre of Metro Manila, it's quite a hectic place Monday to Friday but at the weekend becomes very chill so try to capture that vibe

I love your shots around Manila - it's such a different looking place than where I live.

I think the camera does a good job. I don't really like how the files look straight out of the camera, but they edit really nicely. The lens is a solid performer for the price. I'll be posting a video review on it soon.

KankRat and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
KankRatkcphotogeek
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from SpruceBruce on October 3, 2022, 12:17 am

@kankrat Never tried the Olympus 60mm yet, or the 30mm F3.5 as well.  I opted to try out the 7Artisans 60mm MkII (recently sold) & the Laowa 50mm F2.8 2X instead, since both had just as outstanding reviews as the Olympus and were significantly cheaper.  Part of macro that really drew me in, is you can make some real fun experiments and results for very little money invested.

Today’s exscursion, with the Fuji Finepix Pro S2, and stacked with extension tubes with a Nikkor 28mm F3.5 Pre AI film era lens.  Surprisingly the catch in focus from this 2002 DSLR is pretty accurate.

The idea of in body focus stacking that the olympus has is pretty intriguing. Nikon has it too on some bodies, but they don't make any lenses with that kind of magnification.

Quote from KankRat on October 2, 2022, 11:02 pm
Quote from EckyH on October 2, 2022, 6:43 pm
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on October 2, 2022, 3:54 pm

Some pics of my bike from my k10d:

Nice to meet some other cyclists here. 🙂

Your bicycle looks fairly interesting: an aluminum frame with a steel fork is quite rare. Are the cranks of that greenish-champagne Shimano 105SC group set?

E.

It's got a quill stem and what looks like a threaded headset.  That's old school.  Ended maybe 02, replaced by threadless and 1 1/8" .   I am not sure that you can use an aluminum steerer with a quill stem. That combination , aluminum frame, steel fork, quill stem was common. My first good bike was an 84 ish C'dale R400.  that was a miserable, brutishly stiff frame.  Second was a Trek 1200- 92 ish. Great bike. Both that config.

Its some cheap Mail order alloy frame road bike originally. cranks are 105 1055/1056. replaced some parts and made it work. i assume the frame is from some time in the 90s. at least all the components it originally had on there were. also had the 1056 downtube shifters and brake levers originally. got it for a decent price on ebay kleinanzeigen.

KankRat and EckyH have reacted to this post.
KankRatEckyH
Is that even street bro?
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on October 3, 2022, 3:50 pm

Your bicycle looks fairly interesting: an aluminum frame with a steel fork is quite rare. Are the cranks of that greenish-champagne Shimano 105SC group set?

E.

It's got a quill stem and what looks like a threaded headset.  That's old school.  Ended maybe 02, replaced by threadless and 1 1/8" .   I am not sure that you can use an aluminum steerer with a quill stem. That combination , aluminum frame, steel fork, quill stem was common. My first good bike was an 84 ish C'dale R400.  that was a miserable, brutishly stiff frame.  Second was a Trek 1200- 92 ish. Great bike. Both that config.

Its some cheap Mail order alloy frame road bike originally. cranks are 105 1055/1056. replaced some parts and made it work. i assume the frame is from some time in the 90s. at least all the components it originally had on there were. also had the 1056 downtube shifters and brake levers originally. got it for a decent price on ebay kleinanzeigen.

There is a pretty cool YT channel called old shovel.  Guy restores and does resto-mods like you did.

When i was a kid (in the 70's) we used to garbage pick old bikes.  Strip them down and paint them, with rattle cans.  they actually came out pretty pro for 13 and 14 year olds.

My buddy found (not stold- it was in the trash) a "Favorit" a Czech race bike.  It had sew ups and a Brooks saddle.

Carl and EckyH have reacted to this post.
CarlEckyH

And the bumblebee Fuji Finepix Pro S2 macro adventures continue!

James Warner, Justin Tung and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungKankRatkcphotogeekJBPPentaxEdEckyH

Juv Male Indigo Bunting by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, David Maynard and EckyH have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDavid MaynardEckyH
Quote from KankRat on October 3, 2022, 5:53 pm
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on October 3, 2022, 3:50 pm

E.

There is a pretty cool YT channel called old shovel.  Guy restores and does resto-mods like you did.

When i was a kid (in the 70's) we used to garbage pick old bikes.  Strip them down and paint them, with rattle cans.  they actually came out pretty pro for 13 and 14 year olds.

My buddy found (not stold- it was in the trash) a "Favorit" a Czech race bike.  It had sew ups and a Brooks saddle.

I love old shovel! I don't understand even half what he does, but it's really cool to watch the restoration projects.

Quote from SpruceBruce on October 4, 2022, 1:20 am

And the bumblebee Fuji Finepix Pro S2 macro adventures continue!

Just beautiful shots here. Beautiful colors. Wonderfully crisp and detailed. Love it.

Happy snappin' 🙂

I love old shovel! I don't understand even half what he does, but it's really cool to watch the restoration projects.

There is something relaxing about that type of video.

Quote from KankRat on October 6, 2022, 4:26 pm

There is something relaxing about that type of video.

def. one of the most relaxing types of videos to watch.

anyways, heres some pictures from my lumix g1 that i finally used for sth with my 28mm 2.8 revuenon

Uploaded files:
  • P1490908.JPG
  • P1490914.jpg
  • P1490913.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungKankRatSpruceBrucedenniscrommettEckyH
Is that even street bro?
PreviousPage 2 of 6Next