Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your October Photos (2023)

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next
Quote from denniscrommett on October 23, 2023, 1:45 am

This morning I went to Chesterfield Gorge in nearby Chesterfield, MA. A huge tree had fallen and been carried to one of my usual spots to hang out for a bit (and take photos, including the third photo, which I've taken many times over the past couple years, in different seasons and with different cameras; any of you do that?). Anyway, the tree just about blocked access to the rock it landed on, but not all the way, and it had some cool textures to check out. (Fuji X-T2, Fuji 27mm f2.8 WR)

Love this! It reminds me of the volanic flows you see in the Northern MN on the shores of Lake Superior!  

Quote from JayTz_Photography on October 23, 2023, 2:42 am
Quote from James Warner on October 23, 2023, 1:40 am
Quote from JayTz_Photography on October 23, 2023, 12:54 am

As you can probably tell im mostly into portraits lol....I have a new addition this month (and another different camera on the way). The Sony a390, i managed to pic up with the kit lens with 1,100 shots for about $125.

First the a390 photos

First couple shots with the Sony a390 by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

First couple shots with the Sony a390 by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Didnt get to use it much since the weather hasent been great....now for the a100

Walking up to the bus stop by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Now for some 7D shots

"Why are you out in the rain?" by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Foggy Mornings in the fall by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Konica Minolta 17-35mm by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Sleepy by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Man, you have such a creative way of capturing kid candids. I really like it. Inspiring me to go and try a few shots of my own (and see if the kids stand still for even a second... xD)

Thank you, i really appreciate that. Its taken alot of practice over the years and some influence...i usually try telling a story with my photographs (i know it sounds weird but thats from jared polin) of the kids, i try capturing the emotion and feeling (sort of the Adolfo Rozenfeld style if you know who that is)....i also forgot to post these:

With Maxxum 85mm f1.4

Fall time by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Fall time Hangs by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Your work with the Minolta AF system is so inspiring! I love my 7D!

I've been shooting alot of Medium Format Film!

These shots were taken on the Pentax 6x7 MLU, with the 67 Takumar 45mm F4, 55mm F3.5, 135mm F4 Macro, and 200mm F4

Stillwater Lift Bridge by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Lone Island Bench on the St Croix Kodak Gold 200 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Firmly Rooted Lomo 800 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

St Croix Cliffs Lomo 800 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Autumn Lomo 800 67 Takumar 135mm F4 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Chisago Farm Lomo 800 67 Takumar SMC 45mm F4 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Lift Bridge Golden Hour Kodak Gold 200 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Downtown Stillwater Kodak Gold 200 67 Takumar SMC 55mm F3.5 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Country Road! 67 Takumar SMC 45mm F4 Lomo 800 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Autumn Path 67 Takumar SMC 45mm F4 Lomo 800 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bluffs on the St Croix 67 Takumar SMC 135mm F4 Macro Lomo 800 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

A project in the works for a while, I've finally gotten a Leica Leitz Colorplan 90mm F2.5 projector lens adapted into an M52-42 18-36mm focusing Helicoid housing.  I still need to shave a few mm off the bottom of the lens to achieve infinity.  Here's some shots on the K1!  It's very dreamy and a tad soft.

Blanket Flower Dew by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Coneflower by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Withering by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Withering 2 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bumblebee by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bumblebee 2 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

James Warner, denniscrommett and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerdenniscrommettJBPgroverJayTz_Photography

Twin-leaf nightshade

Pentax K10d smc Pentax-F 50mm f1.7

What a satisficing combo.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP9402.JPG
denniscrommett, kcphotogeek and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPgroverJayTz_PhotographyOutspaceKat

Quick little shoot with the Sony A380. It feels like I'm using a 35mm. The shutter butter placement is terrible.

Uploaded files:
  • dsc00014_33_72dpi_web.jpg
SpruceBruce, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPgroverJayTz_Photography
Quote from James Warner on October 19, 2023, 1:24 pm

Some fall colors in my local park. Hoping to sneak out to a state park at least once over the next few weeks and get some more!

Beautiful colours!

I see you have a new full suspension Specialized. Very nice 😉 I did like the colour of your old Trek though! It was a very photogenic bike!

Quote from JayTz_Photography on October 23, 2023, 12:54 am

The Sony a390, i managed to pic up with the kit lens with 1,100 shots for about $125.

I am on the hunt for that exact camera. I have old Minolta glass. I also just bought a Sony A-mount 16-105mm at a thrift store for $10 so now I need something I can use it on!

The a390 is a sweet spot due to the high-ish resolution CCD sensor and the fact that it uses an SD card unlike most older Sony DSLRs.

Look forward to seeing more of what you do with it.

OutspaceKat has reacted to this post.
OutspaceKat
Quote from grover on October 25, 2023, 6:05 pm

The a390 is a sweet spot due to the high-ish resolution CCD sensor and the fact that it uses an SD card unlike most older Sony DSLRs.

I can't say for certain what happened, but I tried to use a Sandisk 170 128gb card the other day and my a380 was not having it. Could just be an issue on my end, but my recently acquired Finepix has an issue with CF cards where it can't take them if they're over MB in size. I haven't heard about Sony cameras having this sort of problem, but I haven't done any research into it. Have you heard about any issues like that with SD cards and old Sony cameras?

Quote from OutspaceKat on October 24, 2023, 9:44 pm

Quick little shoot with the Sony A380. It feels like I'm using a 35mm. The shutter butter placement is terrible.

That shutter button placements screams finger cramping.  Like how does past multiple levels of QC and engineering, was everyone afraid to say maybe this a terrible ergonomically designed body. 😂

Some more K1 and Leica Leitz Colorplan 90mm F2.5 shots this afternoon.

Fading as Winter Nears by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Fading Zinnia by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Cosmos Petals by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Cosmos 2 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Pair of Cosmos by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

James Warner, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJBPgroverOutspaceKat

One out of 300 ain't bad right?

Uploaded files:
  • dsc00302_33_72dpi_web.jpg
SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPgroverJayTz_Photography

Trying to get my footing back with full frame after a year exclusively shooting APSC.

I got this camera from KEH's "bargain" bin for about $390. The closest to ccd full frame ill ever be able to afford lol...its still got that old color science since its sonys first full frame sensor. So here we go, fully invested in A-Mount with the Sony a850....alot of people complain about the high iso performance but i dont think its really justified since its a sensor from 2008 and its pretty good up to 3200 and maxes out at 6400....and the fact that its 25mp from a 2008 camera is pretty cool

Trying to get used to full frame again by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Before school portrait by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Fall Colors by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Pretty Kitty hiding by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Interesting Dead tree by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucegroverGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from JayTz_Photography on October 26, 2023, 5:09 pm

Trying to get my footing back with full frame after a year exclusively shooting APSC.

I got this camera from KEH's "bargain" bin for about $390. The closest to ccd full frame ill ever be able to afford lol...its still got that old color science since its sonys first full frame sensor. So here we go, fully invested in A-Mount with the Sony a850....alot of people complain about the high iso performance but i dont think its really justified since its a sensor from 2008 and its pretty good up to 3200 and maxes out at 6400....and the fact that its 25mp from a 2008 camera is pretty cool

Trying to get used to full frame again by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Before school portrait by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Pretty Kitty hiding by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Interesting Dead tree by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Congrats! Those FF Sony DSLRs are on my list to try. I wanted to get to it before the end of the year, but things slowed down. I think those are super cool, and to use those A mount lenses on digital FF is a sweet thing!

ballma02, Gideon Liddiard Photography and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
ballma02Gideon Liddiard PhotographyJayTz_PhotographyOutspaceKat
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 4 of 6Next