Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your October Photos

Page 1 of 6Next

eagle by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and EckyH have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekEckyH

Thanks for getting this started for October, @kankrat ! Beautiful bird, with those feathers highlighted from behind. I love it.

Here's a few shots on the EM5 and TTArtisan 50mm f2 from my latest adventure vlog:

Morning in Suburbs by Snappiness, on Flickr

Snappiness, on Flickr Morning commute by Snappiness, on Flickr

Deer by Snappiness, on Flickr

Junipers by Snappiness, on Flickr

Mountain Biking by Snappiness, on Flickr

And a barred owl with the Pentax K-3 III + DA* 300mm F4 from that same outing.

Video in case it was missed:

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceGawadkcphotogeekJBPEckyH
Happy snappin' 🙂

Opened the month with some awesome photo opportunities with my local community garden resident Bumble-bees, getting every last drop of pollen before winter!  EM-10II, Laowa 50MM 2X Macro, and flash diffuser.

James Warner, Justin Tung and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungKankRatdenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPPentaxEdDavid MaynardEckyH

Wow photos are amazing so far and it's only the 2nd October @sprucebruce those macro shots are stunning

@james-warner-b I love the colours in those shots, do you reckon it's the camera or the lens (or a bit of both)

@kankrat great shot the light on the feather tips really make it pop

Had the first sunny weekend here for quite a while there's been a lot of storms/typhoons recently, so got to use the GXR S10 for IR and the recently neglected Mx-1. Makati where I live is the financial centre of Metro Manila, it's quite a hectic place Monday to Friday but at the weekend becomes very chill so try to capture that vibe

Uploaded files:
  • untitled-38.jpg
  • untitled-18-2.jpg
  • untitled-34.jpg
  • untitled-5-2.jpg
  • untitled-28.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettJBPEckyH
Kieran
Quote from James Warner on October 1, 2022, 8:11 pm

Thanks for getting this started for October, @kankrat ! Beautiful bird, with those feathers highlighted from behind. I love it.

Here's a few shots on the EM5 and TTArtisan 50mm f2 from my latest adventure vlog:

Morning in Suburbs by Snappiness, on Flickr

Snappiness, on Flickr Morning commute by Snappiness, on Flickr

Deer by Snappiness, on Flickr

Junipers by Snappiness, on Flickr

Mountain Biking by Snappiness, on Flickr

And a barred owl with the Pentax K-3 III + DA* 300mm F4 from that same outing.

Video in case it was missed:

nice.  I may get an Olympus at some point. Do you see an owl every time out?  Is it the same owl? Where I live, if there is an owl anywhere you look for the photographers not the owl.

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Quote from kcphotogeek on October 2, 2022, 10:19 am

@kankrat great shot the light on the feather tips really make it pop

thanks.  Nice shots also .

the Eagle was really dark.  It's pretty much all backlit. So I schmoozed it extensively in LR.  To me the lighting looks a littler HDR-ish..but that could be because I know what the original looked like. I generally figure people would rather see the details o it's belly than a more authentic photo. Even when something is backlit I think I see less shadow in real life than what the camera spews out. This eagle came so close and I was totally unprepared.  I had a bunch of other shots that I clipped the wings at 500mm.  I keep forgetting I have a. zoom now.

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek
Quote from SpruceBruce on October 2, 2022, 2:20 am

Opened the month with some awesome photo opportunities with my local community garden resident Bumble-bees, getting every last drop of pollen before winter!  EM-10II, Laowa 50MM 2X Macro, and flash diffuser.

these look freaking awesome!!! You have the Olympus 60mm also?

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Some pics of my bike from my k10d:

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP8767.JPG
  • IMGP8762.JPG
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPEckyH
Is that even street bro?
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on October 2, 2022, 3:54 pm

Nice to meet some other cyclists here. 🙂

Your bicycle looks fairly interesting: an aluminum frame with a steel fork is quite rare. Are the cranks of that greenish-champagne Shimano 105SC group set?

E.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from EckyH on October 2, 2022, 6:43 pm
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on October 2, 2022, 3:54 pm

Nice to meet some other cyclists here. 🙂

Your bicycle looks fairly interesting: an aluminum frame with a steel fork is quite rare. Are the cranks of that greenish-champagne Shimano 105SC group set?

E.

It's got a quill stem and what looks like a threaded headset.  That's old school.  Ended maybe 02, replaced by threadless and 1 1/8" .   I am not sure that you can use an aluminum steerer with a quill stem. That combination , aluminum frame, steel fork, quill stem was common. My first good bike was an 84 ish C'dale R400.  that was a miserable, brutishly stiff frame.  Second was a Trek 1200- 92 ish. Great bike. Both that config.

Page 1 of 6Next