Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your November Photos (2023)

PreviousPage 5 of 5

Still bummed I missed the greatest shot ever with a bunch of these guys a year ago. It was like something straight off a horror movie cover. A whole flock of them hunched over a dead deer at the end of a winding driveway with a gate at the top. It was so perfect. Sigh. The ones that get away right?

Uploaded files:
  • dsc2972_40_96dpi_web.jpg
KankRat, JBP and grover have reacted to this post.
KankRatJBPgrover

Some more fun with the 100mm:

IMGP0684 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0706 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0806-2 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0813 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Tristan Carlos, KankRat and OutspaceKat have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosKankRatOutspaceKat
Quote from OutspaceKat on November 30, 2023, 4:32 pm

Still bummed I missed the greatest shot ever with a bunch of these guys a year ago. It was like something straight off a horror movie cover. A whole flock of them hunched over a dead deer at the end of a winding driveway with a gate at the top. It was so perfect. Sigh. The ones that get away right?

Nice shot.  I think that's a black vulture?  We don't see those too much around here. Mostly turkey vultures.  A few years ago, there was a hospital where a flock was hanging around.  Apparently, they liked to sit in the windows and look in, which had to creep out the patients.  They also liked to chew weather stripping and windshield wiper blades off parked cars. They really couldn't do anything about it because they are a federally protected migratory bird. 

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from KankRat on December 1, 2023, 1:22 pm

Nice shot.  I think that's a black vulture?  We don't see those too much around here. Mostly turkey vultures.  A few years ago, there was a hospital where a flock was hanging around.  Apparently, they liked to sit in the windows and look in, which had to creep out the patients.  They also liked to chew weather stripping and windshield wiper blades off parked cars. They really couldn't do anything about it because they are a federally protected migratory bird. 

Thanks. I thought them to be turkey vultures, but google says it's the black vulture. I'm not from around here, so these birds are all foreign to me.

Quote from OutspaceKat on December 1, 2023, 4:10 pm

Thanks. I thought them to be turkey vultures, but google says it's the black vulture. I'm not from around here, so these birds are all foreign to me.

Where is "here"? 

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from KankRat on December 1, 2023, 10:58 pm
Quote from OutspaceKat on December 1, 2023, 4:10 pm

Where is "here"? 

Tennessee.

Lala & The Laundry

Uploaded files:
  • lalaandthelaundry.jpg
Tristan Carlos and JBP have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosJBP

Last shots from November. I picked up an IR converted Canon 20D for $40, which the seller had no info on except that it was converted. But I am pretty sure is 720nm. This is my first time trying IR photography so it was pretty exciting.

All of these but the last one are with a lensbaby spark. The last one is with a 75-300 kit lens at 75m..

IMG_2550 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2559 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2566 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2574 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2601 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2614 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2683 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Tristan Carlos, Daniel Gonzalez and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosDaniel GonzalezGideon Liddiard Photography

Great find! 20 bucks. I read the old Canon bodies are so easy to convert. Just remove the back plate and from there, one can access the sensor assembly.

PreviousPage 5 of 5