Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your November Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 8 of 8

Awesome @justintung, those are beautiful; I especially like the one of the bedroom. I often wake up and think damn, I should grab my camera right now to capture something akin to the scene you shot. So nice!

James Warner, Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruce
Quote from Justin Tung on December 2, 2021, 4:10 pm

I'm throwing some late Thanksgiving pics here since I didn't think they'd fit in the 2021 recap thread, and because they're from thanksgiving haha. My family went to Shenandoah National Park, and while we missed the full fall colors, it was still gorgeous!

This is also a new lens, the Sony G 40mm, which popped up on facebook marketplace for super cheap, and to my surprise came with a 1/2 Tiffen Black Promist. I decided to leave it on there to maybe make the lens look not so clinical, and I quite like it. Might get a lens hood to cut down on the flares though. Also 40mm is my favorite focal length, so I'm super lucky!

Nice shots & lens find! I enjoy a good diffusion filter, I have a 1/8 it adds a slight bloom and softening.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

I'm throwing some late Thanksgiving pics here since I didn't think they'd fit in the 2021 recap thread, and because they're from thanksgiving haha. My family went to Shenandoah National Park, and while we missed the full fall colors, it was still gorgeous!

This is also a new lens, the Sony G 40mm, which popped up on facebook marketplace for super cheap, and to my surprise came with a 1/2 Tiffen Black Promist. I decided to leave it on there to maybe make the lens look not so clinical, and I quite like it. Might get a lens hood to cut down on the flares though. Also 40mm is my favorite focal length, so I'm super lucky!

Great job capturing these scenes. Cool new lens too. I have only paid moderate attention to the black promist filters. Sometimes I like the look and sometimes I don’t think it necessarily adds anything. But seeing your pictures I think I see the times I like it. I like it for those higher contrast scenes with light coming in unevenly. It kind of flattens the high contrast and smooths the transitions in a really pleasing way. And then especially on those indoor scenes it adds a little mist almost. Like when you are cooking and there’s a think haze in the air and the light comes through the window… very cool.

Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

@justintung Nice shots, looks super awesome! I’ve been there in Virginia in the summer, such an underrated beautiful part of Appalachia.  Picking up my 40mm Limited for my KP, has been an inseparable combo, I really like the focal length as well.  It’s grown on me.  The street shot is perfect.

@james-warner-b  I imported it into Lightroom and wiped my SD card on my IPad.  I can’t access the actual file folder, thanks Apple OS design.  If I export the original RAW file on Lightroom, it compresses it as DNG that’s just pixelated and low res...I’ll keep my RAW files from my next trip tonight.

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung

Thanks Everyone!

Quote from Snappy on December 3, 2021, 7:25 pm

Great job capturing these scenes. Cool new lens too. I have only paid moderate attention to the black promist filters. Sometimes I like the look and sometimes I don’t think it necessarily adds anything. But seeing your pictures I think I see the times I like it. I like it for those higher contrast scenes with light coming in unevenly. It kind of flattens the high contrast and smooths the transitions in a really pleasing way. And then especially on those indoor scenes it adds a little mist almost. Like when you are cooking and there’s a think haze in the air and the light comes through the window… very cool.

Yeah... so I took the combo with me to Luray Caverns, thinking I'd be able to save all the highlights, but nope, still super drastic dynamic range haha.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Ever striving for minimum competency
PreviousPage 8 of 8