Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your November Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 7 of 8Next

thank you so much ♥️

Caught some eagles the other day.  Pics were so- so but of local interest due to the location.  I did squeeze off 5 shots of one I could get close enough to and when it took off, 3 were in focus.  They were too far to crop any more so I stacked them in PS more or less as practice.   I am seeing some outstanding examples of this on the web.  Particularly with osprey.

Uploaded files:
  • Sag-Sunset-with-Eagles-11.jpg
Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad

After about an hour some sunset shots.

Uploaded files:
  • Sag-Sunset.jpg
  • Sag-Sunset-with-Eagles-5.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommett
Quote from Snappy on November 25, 2021, 2:25 am
Quote from SpruceBruce on November 21, 2021, 9:29 am

Drove out to Chatanika to take photos of my favorite abandoned gold dredge at sunset, with the KP & DA 15 Limited/55-300 PLM.  A tour helicopter landed as I was leaving, such a surreal random experience in the middle of nowhere.  Caught him on takeoff with the DA 40 limited along with some Sno-cats. I had to take a phone selfie documenting my mountain man ice beard, couldn't resist.  Proud of the KP for functioning flawlessly in these conditions.

Wow, those are super neat. The helicopter was a nice quick shot. Man the ice beard! That’s crazy! Most people would only go out there if they had to. Look at the dedication this man puts into his craft! Haha.

Do you have gloves that you can still operate the controls with, or do you have to slip them off? I fought with that for a while and never found a glove warm enough that also could press tiny buttons.

REI Co-Op Polartec Fleece gloves are the best for operating camera controls when it's cold out, they even have a pad sewn on the finger that smart phone screens can recognize!  I usually work a heavy glove with them while I use them as a base layer when it's this cold out. I was also able to operate the camera with my top layer fleece lined leather REI Trailsmith gloves for most of the controls, I generally only had to remove them for changing focus points while shooting.  The KP doesn't seem to mind the cold at all either, proud of that Pentax ruggedness!  They're a bit of an inital investment, but they've held up to use in an aircraft maintenance setting outside for 3 years without needing to be replaced.

https://www.rei.com/product/194827/rei-co-op-polartec-power-stretch-fleece-gloves-20?color=BLACK

https://www.rei.com/product/158399/rei-co-op-trailsmith-gloves

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner

With November about to draw to a close, I thought I'd share a couple photos, from the lot across from my house. The lumber company in my town uses this lot to store massive piles of logs as well as all kinds of trucks and trailers in disrepair, and I love it. Photos are taken with my X100F. Bring on December!

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF2167-19.jpg
  • DSCF2158-18.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Quote from SpruceBruce on November 28, 2021, 1:31 am
Quote from Snappy on November 25, 2021, 2:25 am
Quote from SpruceBruce on November 21, 2021, 9:29 am

Drove out to Chatanika to take photos of my favorite abandoned gold dredge at sunset, with the KP & DA 15 Limited/55-300 PLM.  A tour helicopter landed as I was leaving, such a surreal random experience in the middle of nowhere.  Caught him on takeoff with the DA 40 limited along with some Sno-cats. I had to take a phone selfie documenting my mountain man ice beard, couldn't resist.  Proud of the KP for functioning flawlessly in these conditions.

Wow, those are super neat. The helicopter was a nice quick shot. Man the ice beard! That’s crazy! Most people would only go out there if they had to. Look at the dedication this man puts into his craft! Haha.

Do you have gloves that you can still operate the controls with, or do you have to slip them off? I fought with that for a while and never found a glove warm enough that also could press tiny buttons.

REI Co-Op Polartec Fleece gloves are the best for operating camera controls when it's cold out, they even have a pad sewn on the finger that smart phone screens can recognize!  I usually work a heavy glove with them while I use them as a base layer when it's this cold out. I was also able to operate the camera with my top layer fleece lined leather REI Trailsmith gloves for most of the controls, I generally only had to remove them for changing focus points while shooting.  The KP doesn't seem to mind the cold at all either, proud of that Pentax ruggedness!  They're a bit of an inital investment, but they've held up to use in an aircraft maintenance setting outside for 3 years without needing to be replaced.

https://www.rei.com/product/194827/rei-co-op-polartec-power-stretch-fleece-gloves-20?color=BLACK

https://www.rei.com/product/158399/rei-co-op-trailsmith-gloves

Thanks, that's actually super handy (okay no pun intended, but got it after I typed it.) I'll keep that link in my back pocket next time I order from REI. It doesn't get too cold here in Texas so hasn't been much of an issue here, but when I travel or move somewhere else I would like a better setup.

SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂

Apologies for being dormant for what feels like forever (in internet terms!) Had a family vacation and then my whole family got sick. Just now coming out of it and spent some time uploading images from our trip. We visited NW Arkansas and caught the tail end of some fall colors. There are some amazing hikes out there, if you ever get a chance to visit. We did it with our two kiddos, but you could cover a lot more ground by yourself trust me 😆

Pentax K10D + DA 12-24mm (thanks to @juanbuhler for loaning it to me. Getting ready to do an official review now that I've run it through it's paces).

IMGP4314 by Snappiness, on Flickr

IMGP4397 by Snappiness, on Flickr

IMGP4409 by Snappiness, on Flickr

IMGP4371 by Snappiness, on Flickr

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommett
Happy snappin' 🙂

I drove up to Murphy’s dome last night, it was a weak night for the Aurora, but I got a little flash of one on the KP/15limited.  Wind was howling 30mph non stop, my battery only lasted for 8 exposure’s it was so cold.

@james-warner-b I love the dead leaves floating in the pool!

Uploaded files:
  • 7BED095E-92DA-4B54-B29C-AE87A06D04E3.jpeg
denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett
Quote from SpruceBruce on November 30, 2021, 11:48 pm

I drove up to Murphy’s dome last night, it was a weak night for the Aurora, but I got a little flash of one on the KP/15limited.  Wind was howling 30mph non stop, my battery only lasted for 8 exposure’s it was so cold.

@james-warner-b I love the dead leaves floating in the pool!

That's so cool! My dream! I would be so excited to get home and see that I caught a bit of it. Great work! That sounds freezing, lol.

Could you send me the raw file? I'm just curious. Trying out DXO PureRAW and I'm curious how it would handle an astro pic like that. Just if you have time. No biggie. Awesome shot again.

snapppypic@gmail.com

Yes that's three p's. For all the OG subscribers out there. I'm glad I changed my YouTube channel name. I just mashed it in because someone took the one with two p's. Didn't really think that one through 😆

Happy snappin' 🙂

I'm throwing some late Thanksgiving pics here since I didn't think they'd fit in the 2021 recap thread, and because they're from thanksgiving haha. My family went to Shenandoah National Park, and while we missed the full fall colors, it was still gorgeous!

This is also a new lens, the Sony G 40mm, which popped up on facebook marketplace for super cheap, and to my surprise came with a 1/2 Tiffen Black Promist. I decided to leave it on there to maybe make the lens look not so clinical, and I quite like it. Might get a lens hood to cut down on the flares though. Also 40mm is my favorite focal length, so I'm super lucky!

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommett
Ever striving for minimum competency
PreviousPage 7 of 8Next