Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your November Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 6 of 8Next
Quote from denniscrommett on November 19, 2021, 7:17 pm

Hi there, I've been watching and enjoying your videos @james-warner-b for some time now, and have been enjoying reading these forum posts too (especially seeing everyone's photos), so I thought I'd sign up and join the fun. Here's a photo I took the other night near where I live, in Northampton, MA. Since getting more into photography at the beginning of the pandemic, I've tried a number of cameras, but have landed on the Fujifilm X100F, so photos that I share have been taken with that. Thanks for reading/looking!

Cool, glad you did! the more the merrier. Beautiful picture. Reminds me of the old town I grew up in.

@SpruceBruce

Stunning, but that sounds freezing!!

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Beau Carpenter on November 19, 2021, 9:43 pm

Welcome to the forum @denniscrommett

Great shot, reminds me a bit of the Dark City project (https://dinalitovsky.com/Personal-Projects/DARK-CITY.-2020/thumbs) as far as the color and mood!

I've never tried an x100 series camera, but one day hope to get my hands on one 👍

Thank you @beau-carpenter, I hadn't heard of that but definitely like it! Looking forward to exploring further.

Drove out to Chatanika to take photos of my favorite abandoned gold dredge at sunset, with the KP & DA 15 Limited/55-300 PLM.  A tour helicopter landed as I was leaving, such a surreal random experience in the middle of nowhere.  Caught him on takeoff with the DA 40 limited along with some Sno-cats. I had to take a phone selfie documenting my mountain man ice beard, couldn't resist.  Proud of the KP for functioning flawlessly in these conditions.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0017.jpg
  • IMGP0006.jpg
  • IMGP0045-4.jpg
  • IMGP0059.jpg
  • IMG_20211120_155658498.jpg
Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterGawadHeggenDazsdenniscrommett

Wow, that's so cool! Great ice beard and love that photo of the helicopter especially.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from SpruceBruce on November 21, 2021, 9:29 am

Drove out to Chatanika to take photos of my favorite abandoned gold dredge at sunset, with the KP & DA 15 Limited/55-300 PLM.  A tour helicopter landed as I was leaving, such a surreal random experience in the middle of nowhere.  Caught him on takeoff with the DA 40 limited along with some Sno-cats. I had to take a phone selfie documenting my mountain man ice beard, couldn't resist.  Proud of the KP for functioning flawlessly in these conditions.

Woa! Looks like a fun time!

Welcome @denniscrommett! Nice shots too!

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett
Ever striving for minimum competency

Assorted photos from the past week, mostly shot on 28 or 35mm.

_MG_3335 by Beau Carpenter, on Flickr

_MG_3300 by Beau Carpenter, on Flickr

_MG_0050 by Beau Carpenter, on Flickr

On this last one, I've been practicing with some added light. For my video work, I have one 12 inch led light tube that I put in the front of the sleigh. Pretty happy with how it came out!

_MG_3266 by Beau Carpenter, on Flickr

James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommett

Really cool shots! I like the photo of the helicopter a lot.

SpruceBruce

tried to put the fd 80-200 f4L to use the other day and I gotta say the lens is amazing but my old tiny a3500 body is what surprised me with its amazing image quality even after a huge crop (original shot added for reference).

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20211123_142156.jpg
  • DSC05868-1.jpg
SpruceBruce

Wow, those are super neat. The helicopter was a nice quick shot. Man the ice beard! That’s crazy! Most people would only go out there if they had to. Look at the dedication this man puts into his craft! Haha.

Do you have gloves that you can still operate the controls with, or do you have to slip them off? I fought with that for a while and never found a glove warm enough that also could press tiny buttons.

SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Beau Carpenter on November 23, 2021, 12:09 am

Assorted photos from the past week, mostly shot on 28 or 35mm.

_MG_3335 by Beau Carpenter, on Flickr

_MG_3300 by Beau Carpenter, on Flickr

_MG_0050 by Beau Carpenter, on Flickr

On this last one, I've been practicing with some added light. For my video work, I have one 12 inch led light tube that I put in the front of the sleigh. Pretty happy with how it came out!

_MG_3266 by Beau Carpenter, on Flickr

That light really did the trick! That would be a tough shot without it to get the subjects to stand out, let alone see them in that light…

Quote from Gawad on November 24, 2021, 9:02 am

tried to put the fd 80-200 f4L to use the other day and I gotta say the lens is amazing but my old tiny a3500 body is what surprised me with its amazing image quality even after a huge crop (original shot added for reference).

Yeah, I’m impressed too. Good work on that one!

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 6 of 8Next