Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your November Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 5 of 8Next
Quote from SpruceBruce on November 14, 2021, 6:32 am

@justintung Enjoy the jump to fullframe, it's been passing on my mind about the mirrorless jump to FF, since I could make better use of my wide angle film lenses.  That second pic with the porch, chefs kiss!  Funny enough, that Silo is someone's front lawn deco apparently, there's a house is only 20 yard away.  Do you have any film lenses that you're going to adapt to it?

@james-warner-b In regards to the office comment lol, funny enough I was studying to become an aerospace engineer before I decided to get my FAA A&P certificate.  I made it two years in school, and decided that being a desk jockey wasn't for me. And it's amazing everything I've experienced with my current job with the travel opportunities.  Although I took those on lunch as I was working a landing gear change. Rigging the control cable for nose gear steering that afternoon definitely made me envy an office job for a moment.  Lots of awkward painful contortion to reach a turnbuckle, I've got a softball size bruise on my ribs and right shoulder from squeezing my way into a hell hole. I'll be running in and out Portland on a weekly rotation for work through new years overseeing freight operations. Can't wait to make the best of the opportunity to shoot the PNW, and share it with you guys!  On a later note I've considered publishing a zine or two with my aircraft photos and possibly abandoned Midwest farms.

The GXR content (low key really want to buy it too and you're not helping me resist lol) and the Macro capabilities on the F828 look great! The millipede shot should be in Nat Geo.  It just proves gear doesn't matter to a certain degree!

@heggendazs I really enjoy the K3 content you've been putting out.  That caster wheel texture and depth of field make me all giddy inside.

My girlfriend suggested we visit the Northfield, MN area.  We checked out a small stream waterfall that was barely a trickle unfortunately, some mill ruins on the Canon River, a random sailboat that was on stilts in the middle of nowhere which had metered electric hooked up to it.  Seems like it was a weird cabin/man cave work in progress We got our first snowfall today too!  Pentax KP, 18-135 kit/15mm Limited.

When I had the X-E2, the only AF lens I had was the 27mm pancake, so my entire lineup can be adapted over!

Here's a vid I made mostly with the Vivitar 135mm 2.8:

It's the same dance group that my girlfriend that I took photos of last time. except the videographer didn't show up, so I was asked to step in!

James Warner, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawad
Ever striving for minimum competency

amazing images everyone ❤️

sorry I haven't been as active, mainly due to college honestly.

However I got to visit cairo a couple of days ago and was lucky enough to catch this golden light by the nile.

Uploaded files:
  • 2021-11-14-06.46.13-1.jpg
  • IMG_20211117_231848.jpg
  • IMG_20211117_231734.jpg
  • DSC05844-2.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruce

that is a lot of really interesting architecture! Good shots!

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Quote from Justin Tung on November 17, 2021, 11:54 pm

When I had the X-E2, the only AF lens I had was the 27mm pancake, so my entire lineup can be adapted over!

Here's a vid I made mostly with the Vivitar 135mm 2.8:

It's the same dance group that my girlfriend that I took photos of last time. except the videographer didn't show up, so I was asked to step in!

When you're asked to take over for a pro because you look like you know what you're doing 😂

Great job!! You actually do know what you're doing 🙂 I wish I was a little better at cinematography. And photography, for that matter. So many of those shots are fresh and creative. I feel like I would've just stood there and shot them from head on the whole time. But you really captured the mood well.

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Gawad on November 18, 2021, 12:56 am

amazing images everyone ❤️

sorry I haven't been as active, mainly due to college honestly.

However I got to visit cairo a couple of days ago and was lucky enough to catch this golden light by the nile.

Oh wow, I love the golden look of those images. Beautiful and captures a special mood.

And as a part-time college teacher, I agree you should put college classes first 😛

SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂

Great content guys!

I tried out my new to me, 50-300PLM and the 40mm Limited.  Loving these lenses so much so far.  The new telephoto is such an upgrade over the old 50-200 I had been using.  I’m now stuck in the Fairbanks for the time being, hoping I’ll get a chance for 15 limited to come out for some Northern Lights eventually.

Uploaded files:
  • BC67C80F-FC06-43CA-9256-A8D56B8F1B8D.jpeg
  • DB0DD8C5-0701-4779-AB19-99E43E5820CE.jpeg
  • FA854CEF-A0E2-4196-9E8A-8640132F069B.jpeg
  • AFD9497F-D659-4B35-81BC-8FEB5D72310E.jpeg
  • 30646414-B7D1-451A-9555-3E8CD27E5D8C.jpeg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterGawadHeggenDazsdenniscrommett
Quote from SpruceBruce on November 18, 2021, 3:25 am

Great content guys!

I tried out my new to me, 50-300PLM and the 40mm Limited.  Loving these lenses so much so far.  The new telephoto is such an upgrade over the old 50-200 I had been using.  I’m now stuck in the Fairbanks for the time being, hoping I’ll get a chance for 15 limited to come out for some Northern Lights eventually.

The northern lights would be so cool! That's a dream of mine that I hope to make true someday. Just gotta make enough trips and cross my fingers.

Those frozen plane pics are awesome.

SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommett
Happy snappin' 🙂

Hi there, I've been watching and enjoying your videos @james-warner-b for some time now, and have been enjoying reading these forum posts too (especially seeing everyone's photos), so I thought I'd sign up and join the fun. Here's a photo I took the other night near where I live, in Northampton, MA. Since getting more into photography at the beginning of the pandemic, I've tried a number of cameras, but have landed on the Fujifilm X100F, so photos that I share have been taken with that. Thanks for reading/looking!

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF2015-1-statestreet-1200web.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad

Welcome to the forum @denniscrommett

Great shot, reminds me a bit of the Dark City project (https://dinalitovsky.com/Personal-Projects/DARK-CITY.-2020/thumbs) as far as the color and mood!

I've never tried an x100 series camera, but one day hope to get my hands on one 👍

SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommett
Quote from denniscrommett on November 19, 2021, 7:17 pm

Hi there, I've been watching and enjoying your videos @james-warner-b for some time now, and have been enjoying reading these forum posts too (especially seeing everyone's photos), so I thought I'd sign up and join the fun. Here's a photo I took the other night near where I live, in Northampton, MA. Since getting more into photography at the beginning of the pandemic, I've tried a number of cameras, but have landed on the Fujifilm X100F, so photos that I share have been taken with that. Thanks for reading/looking!

Welcome!  Look forward to your content, I’ve only played with the X100F in the camera shop where I lived, I wanted to take it home, such a nice tactile camera, but having an LX100 II made it kinda redundant.

Sunset tonight, drove out towards the Gates of Denali National Park near Healy.  The sky turned magenta and fog was rolling off the river. The Alaska Range in all it's beauty! My Pentax KP 18-135 F13 1/2S 100 ISO @ 135mm.  Ambient temp was -28F with -45 wind-chill.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0100.jpg
Beau Carpenter, Gawad and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterGawaddenniscrommett
PreviousPage 5 of 8Next