Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your November Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 3 of 8Next

Here's some more from my Sony F828. I have been shooting other stuff, I just need to pull them down onto my computer. I have a weird system right now where I'll pull some off onto the iPad to edit and share on Instagram while I'm at work, but then I don't have them on my PC to upload to Flickr. And the iPad file system is terrible and makes sharing between apps way harder than it needs to be. Anyway, that means half of them are there and half are here. Just depends which camera I take down to the computer that night, haha.

I recognize none of these are great photos in and of themselves, but I do like to share just everyday snapshot kinds of stuff. It's just fun to take photos.

I'm also trying to figure this sensor out. I'm shooting JPEG only, in part to try out the image processor but also because the RAW files take a good 10 seconds or so to write and completely lock the camera while doing so. At some point I will try out the RAW files more.

DSC00311 by Snappiness, on Flickr

DSC00317 by Snappiness, on Flickr

DSC00325 by Snappiness, on Flickr

SpruceBruce and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazs
Happy snappin' 🙂

Honestly impressed with how much detail that old sensor pulls out of those shadows. The really low iso might be to thank for that but even then I’m blown away. I honestly think some of the photos we’ve all gotten off our old cameras could be the “antithesis” to the whole megapixel war that’s been waged recently. Camera perfection really doesn’t perfect the photo.

Really digging all you guys have been doing on old sensors lately, I’ll have to drag the *ist out and see what I can do.

James Warner and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruce

Dude .....that Sony F828 is one heck of an oddity that produces fine results. I'm amazed at it's capabilities!

Took my Fuji Finepix S2 Pro out for a spin today.  Figured I'd push the B/W out of it's old 6MP CCD sensor, since everything is dormant and dead until March where I live.  Snuck it into work today too, pushed it to 800 ISO indoors on my break. It's grainy, but it has a film look to it.

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF0006.jpg
  • DSCF0004.jpg
  • DSCF0003.jpg
  • DSCF0010.jpg
  • DSCF0007.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungHeggenDazs

New camera... Sony a7ii. I've been wanting to move up to FF for a while for a variety of reasons, the biggest being low light performance. IBIS for both stills and video ain't bad either. Forgive the lack of consistency though. I'm still very much learning how to work with these files!

Uploaded files:
  • Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-2.41.23-PM.png
  • JCT3569.jpg
  • JCT3600.jpg
  • JCT3510.jpg
  • JCT3681-1.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazs
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from HeggenDazs on November 11, 2021, 4:37 am

Really digging all you guys have been doing on old sensors lately, I’ll have to drag the *ist out and see what I can do.

You should. I just busted out my Pentax K10D after a few months of it sitting on the shelf. Remembered why I love it. The colors really do seem better than some other cameras straight out of the camera.

Quote from SpruceBruce on November 11, 2021, 7:48 am

Dude .....that Sony F828 is one heck of an oddity that produces fine results. I'm amazed at it's capabilities!

Took my Fuji Finepix S2 Pro out for a spin today.  Figured I'd push the B/W out of it's old 6MP CCD sensor, since everything is dormant and dead until March where I live.  Snuck it into work today too, pushed it to 800 ISO indoors on my break. It's grainy, but it has a film look to it.

It's a fun one. I really enjoy using it. I like the results too, but still haven't gotten the hang of what to use it for and how to use it. Certain shots look better than others.

Those B&W shots look awesome! I really like how the highlights look off the reflections on the plane. If I snuck a camera into work, you would just see old massive printers and a bunch of bored people in meetings lol.

Quote from Justin Tung on November 11, 2021, 8:43 pm

New camera... Sony a7ii. I've been wanting to move up to FF for a while for a variety of reasons, the biggest being low light performance. IBIS for both stills and video ain't bad either. Forgive the lack of consistency though. I'm still very much learning how to work with these files!

That's awesome! I looked at the original Sony A7 for a while for FF video. I was planning on adapting all sorts of lenses to it. Didn't end up going that route, but sounds like a lot of fun. Great pics. The car is my favorite.

Here's a few with the Ricoh GXR Leica M module and a Pentax-F 28mm f2.8 lens adapted to it.

R1019281-02 by Snappiness, on Flickr

R1019326-01 by Snappiness, on Flickr

A lot of color noise when bringing up the shadows. But if I don't try to push the file too much they look great.

R1019297-01 by Snappiness, on Flickr

Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Congratulations and great shots!

IBIS is a very helpful in my mind. Not sure how the Sony's is, but Panasonic IBIS is pretty amazing

Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruce

My Contax/Yashica to Nikon Z mount adapter came in the mail today.  Yashica 28MM F2.8/50mm F2, abandoned farms near my house. The weeping willows is probably one of my favorite all time shots I've taken to date.  Feels straight out of a horror movie.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_2358-1.jpg
  • DSC_2364-1.jpg
  • DSC_2357.jpg
  • DSC_2362.jpg
  • DSC_2363.jpg
James Warner and Justin Tung have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin Tung
Quote from Snappy on November 12, 2021, 3:32 am
Quote from HeggenDazs on November 11, 2021, 4:37 am

You should. I just busted out my Pentax K10D after a few months of it sitting on the shelf. Remembered why I love it. The colors really do seem better than some other cameras straight out of the camera.

Quote from SpruceBruce on November 11, 2021, 7:48 am

It's a fun one. I really enjoy using it. I like the results too, but still haven't gotten the hang of what to use it for and how to use it. Certain shots look better than others.

Those B&W shots look awesome! I really like how the highlights look off the reflections on the plane. If I snuck a camera into work, you would just see old massive printers and a bunch of bored people in meetings lol.

That's awesome! I looked at the original Sony A7 for a while for FF video. I was planning on adapting all sorts of lenses to it. Didn't end up going that route, but sounds like a lot of fun. Great pics. The car is my favorite.

Here's a few with the Ricoh GXR Leica M module and a Pentax-F 28mm f2.8 lens adapted to it.

R1019281-02 by Snappiness, on Flickr

R1019326-01 by Snappiness, on Flickr

A lot of color noise when bringing up the shadows. But if I don't try to push the file too much they look great.

R1019297-01 by Snappiness, on Flickr

I feel you on not having flexibility in the files. My rx100 is kinda the same way, and I feel like knowing I have to get it right in-camera is sort of liberating. It's almost like film. Either I got the shot or I didn't.

Quote from Beau Carpenter on November 12, 2021, 11:53 pm

Congratulations and great shots!

IBIS is a very helpful in my mind. Not sure how the Sony's is, but Panasonic IBIS is pretty amazing

I took some video at 58mm the other day, handheld at 1/30 shutter. It looked sooooo smooth!

Quote from SpruceBruce on November 13, 2021, 12:04 am

My Contax/Yashica to Nikon Z mount adapter came in the mail today.  Yashica 28MM F2.8/50mm F2, abandoned farms near my house. The weeping willows is probably one of my favorite all time shots I've taken to date.  Feels straight out of a horror movie.

Those are definitely some spooky vibes. The grain silo is particularly unsettling for me.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from SpruceBruce on November 13, 2021, 12:04 am

Yeah, these definitely all deserve to be the cover of some poetry compilation book. Super cool vibe. If you ever print one I'd be curious how it looks printed out.

SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

More Sony F828 pics. Using macro mode and zooming the lens all the way to 200mm results in some decent out of focus background for such a small sensor. Transitions looks nice to me. It's funny because it's such an awesome lens in many ways, but than in other ways is terrible (like CA). Makes for a fun package, haha.

DSC00330 by Snappiness, on Flickr

DSC00334 by Snappiness, on Flickr

SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 3 of 8Next