Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your November Photos! (2021)

Page 1 of 8Next

We're in November already, I guess. Weather is cooling down (in my part of the world). The types of things to photograph are changing somewhat, but that should present some new and exciting opportunities! Like seeing more birds because the leaves are falling out of the way 😀

I'll kick us off with a few in the background with my new Ricoh GXR that arrived this morning. You may have read about the drama of it arriving in my other post. But now it's safely here. I went for the wildest setup I could think of right off the bat.

Uploaded files:
  • PXL_20211101_202151690.jpg
  • R1019149-01.jpeg
  • R1019139-01.jpeg
Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommett
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on November 1, 2021, 8:33 pm

We're in November already, I guess. Weather is cooling down (in my part of the world). The types of things to photograph are changing somewhat, but that should present some new and exciting opportunities! Like seeing more birds because the leaves are falling out of the way 😀

I'll kick us off with a few in the background with my new Ricoh GXR that arrived this morning. You may have read about the drama of it arriving in my other post. But now it's safely here. I went for the wildest setup I could think of right off the bat.

Very nice colors, can't wait to see more from it!

Glad you finally got it, must feel like Christmas morning!  If you video review it, you need to do an Indiana Jones esque map with it's various stops around the world lol.  Such a cool and very unique camera.  What modules did it come with? Besides you revealing the Leica one.

Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Quote from SpruceBruce on November 2, 2021, 1:55 pm

Glad you finally got it, must feel like Christmas morning!  If you video review it, you need to do an Indiana Jones esque map with it's various stops around the world lol.  Such a cool and very unique camera.  What modules did it come with? Besides you revealing the Leica one.

Haha, the weird shipping trouble does gives this unique camera an even better backstory.

I have the S10 24-72mm infrared converted, the A12 Leica M mount, and the A16 24-85mm. The A12 and A16 are both APS-C and CMOS, and the S10 is 1 1/7” and CCD. Kinda weird feeling having the camera controls and everything stay the same but swapping out complete sensors/processors. Can have a really different look all loading on your same SD card in the same folder.

Matthias was right in that it doesn’t at all feel gimmicky. The modules slide in and out very comfortably. Feels the same as adding or removing a lens. Camera is nice to hold. It’s taller, wider, and a little thicker than the later GR’s but still really compact.

More to come on these…

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂

Happy November Thread, everyone!

Made some gear moves, which involved selling a lot of stuff but I think it's the right move. Will share pic from the new cam in a bit. Part of going through all that is falling back in love with the Sony RX100 mark 1, my first camera. It's easy to get put off by the one inch sensor and the zoom lens. But in all honesty, this camera punches far above its weight and is more than enough for me under most circumstances.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC0008.jpg
  • DSC0038.jpg
  • DSC0092.jpg
  • DSC0001.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommett
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on November 4, 2021, 1:13 am

Made some gear moves, which involved selling a lot of stuff but I think it's the right move. Will share pic from the new cam in a bit. Part of going through all that is falling back in love with the Sony RX100 mark 1, my first camera. It's easy to get put off by the one inch sensor and the zoom lens. But in all honesty, this camera punches far above its weight and is more than enough for me under most circumstances.

I think these photos show that very well. Nice pics.

I'm starting to go through a purge again and rethinking what I want to keep and why. It's fun to try new things, but also good to just go back to the basics of what you need and like. And sometimes those are cameras that don't make sense for substitution for other people. Like swapping a full-frame camera for a compact camera (something I'm tossing around). But it all comes down to why you're using them and which one fits what you are doing better.

Beau Carpenter and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

@justintung the 1" sensor of the RX100 holds it own!  Before I found the deal I got on my LX100, it was my next choice to pick up.  I took my Q out today, set it to monochrome.  And just shot away, even though I have far superior bodies, it's just fun at times.

My trip from late October in SE Minnesota, I lugged my Pentax 6x7 with the 55mm F3.5 , and 200mm F4 which has really grown on me.  The abandoned barn house and close up of the tractor we're taken on it.  The blues just saturated perfectly that day.  I'm so in love with the 6x7 of late.  I plan on taking it the North Shore of Lake Superior once we get a decent blanket of snow to push some Delta 100 through it to capture the blight of winter in BW.  The photos were taken on Portra 160 & Lomo 800, which just happens to be my new favorite medium format film,  it's just rebranded Portra 800 for cheaper.

Uploaded files:
  • Image-2-5.jpg
  • Image-2-2-1.jpg
  • Image.jpg
  • Image-2-7.jpg
  • Image-2-3-1.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungGawaddenniscrommett

Beautiful landscape and skies!

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Justin Tung on November 4, 2021, 1:13 am

I love the use of low-light and reflections in these. I'm impressed with the performance of that camera overall here.

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung
Quote from SpruceBruce on November 5, 2021, 8:27 am

@justintung the 1" sensor of the RX100 holds it own!  Before I found the deal I got on my LX100, it was my next choice to pick up.  I took my Q out today, set it to monochrome.  And just shot away, even though I have far superior bodies, it's just fun at times.

My trip from late October in SE Minnesota, I lugged my Pentax 6x7 with the 55mm F3.5 , and 200mm F4 which has really grown on me.  The abandoned barn house and close up of the tractor we're taken on it.  The blues just saturated perfectly that day.  I'm so in love with the 6x7 of late.  I plan on taking it the North Shore of Lake Superior once we get a decent blanket of snow to push some Delta 100 through it to capture the blight of winter in BW.  The photos were taken on Portra 160 & Lomo 800, which just happens to be my new favorite medium format film,  it's just rebranded Portra 800 for cheaper.

I really dig these abandoned farm pics. There's a story there, a farmhouse that probably had a huge family that all worked super hard to keep food on the table and now that's all gone. Probably due to a large co-op farmer buying their land or they couldn't afford to keep the family farm going so they just abandoned it. I did some shots in similar settings in the past and it's just weird to think that the home was at one time probably packed with a huge midwestern farming family.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Page 1 of 8Next