Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your May photos!

PreviousPage 4 of 4

The rusty dock piling and the boat house cover, caught my eye while I'm working on my first roll through on my most recent acquisition, a Pentax 6x7.  Taken with my KP and the DA15 Limited.

Herd, those 600mm mirror lens photos are great. The turtle shot is my favorite.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0001-2.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and Gawad have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterGawad
Quote from Snappy on May 29, 2021, 2:42 am
Quote from Beau Carpenter on May 28, 2021, 11:23 am

One of my favorites from May (and probably this year!)

Took it yesterday while out on a walk. Taken on Panasonic GX85 42.5mm f1.7 with a black promist 1/8 filter. Jpeg out of camera with natural profile

Backlit Rose by Beau Carpenter

Very nice. Is the mist filter giving it the low contrast? I had read how it effects highlights but didn't realize entirely what it could do. I really like it.

There were a couple factors for the low contrast look:

• The mist filter itself does tend to reduce contrast slightly
  • The mist filter also picks up flares/backlighting a lot
  • The lumix "natural" profile is a somewhat flat look

Yes, in general the mist filter most notably provides halation to the highlights, but it also softens fine detail, and reduces overall contrast. The "black" promist from Tiffen is supposed to maintain more contrast than a standard diffusion filter, but you still have some of the same low contrast effect.

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Quote from Herd on May 30, 2021, 1:53 am

Weather was excellent today so went to the park today and took the Sigma 600mm F8 mirror out for the first time finally. I'm super satisfied to have bought it now. Here's some of my favourite shots, and the last one was taken with a Chinon 50mm F1.7

Good work holding and focusing that beast of a lens! Really fun stuff.

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from SpruceBruce on May 30, 2021, 9:46 pm

The rusty dock piling and the boat house cover, caught my eye while I'm working on my first roll through on my most recent acquisition, a Pentax 6x7.  Taken with my KP and the DA15 Limited.

You're building up the suspense for that first roll very well 🙂

I may have just bought a KP. Selling a few other bodies and lenses to pay for it. Really excited. Long winded story why I got it but I'll tell that later.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on June 2, 2021, 12:57 am

I may have just bought a KP. Selling a few other bodies and lenses to pay for it. Really excited. Long winded story why I got it but I'll tell that later.

I actually thought about selling mine, to maybe perhaps invest into the K1.  I’m selling all my Nikon gear, it’s collecting dust at this point, I think the K1 would get more love than my DF did.  The battery life is it’s only flaw.  It’s the only thing I hate about the KP.  I’m blown away by the HDR and Aperture Bracketing Modes.

I’m very very selective with my exposures on medium format as I certainly predicted.   It’s taking for ever just to get 10 shots lol.  You couldn’t have published a video on film scanning at a more perfect time, as I’ll be seeking to drive down lab costs in the near future.

James Warner and Beau Carpenter have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau Carpenter
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 2, 2021, 4:36 am
Quote from Snappy on June 2, 2021, 12:57 am

I actually thought about selling mine, to maybe perhaps invest into the K1.  I’m selling all my Nikon gear, it’s collecting dust at this point, I think the K1 would get more love than my DF did.  The battery life is it’s only flaw.  It’s the only thing I hate about the KP.  I’m blown away by the HDR and Aperture Bracketing Modes.

I’m very very selective with my exposures on medium format as I certainly predicted.   It’s taking for ever just to get 10 shots lol.  You couldn’t have published a video on film scanning at a more perfect time, as I’ll be seeking to drive down lab costs in the near future.

Not sure how different it will be with larger film. I don't have any equipment for developing it. I use cheap chemicals made by CineStill. It's really good for beginners like me and affordable. Developing two rolls of 35mm pays for it. The instructions are simple and getting the temperature right is pretty simple since it has some latitude for mistakes. I recommend it as a first time approach.

Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 4 of 4