Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your May Photos (2024)

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next

Great photos from everyone!! I agree with previous sentiments - now I want an Olympus as well! And a K-1!

Quote from Steve Robinson on May 21, 2024, 4:59 pm

A couple from yesterday during a day trip to Yellowstone. The weather was iffy with snow and rain showers and occasional sun. These are not the most critically sharp images because I used a 1.5x TC on my D FA 150-450mm f/4-5.6 on the K-3 III and my shutter speed was lower than I liked.

Osprey 1a-2168 by Steve Robinson, on Flickr

Pronghorn 2a-2269 by Steve Robinson, on Flickr

Oh that sounds like a fun setup! I've wanted a 150-450 for a long time. Someday! 🙂

Here are some bumblebee photos from earlier this month with K-3iii and DA*60-250. This is my slowest-focusing lens, by a mile, so these are all done with zone focusing. Side note, even with the slow focus the lens tracks just fine on the K-3iii. Just not up close like this, that would be hopeless lol.

IMGP2289 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2328 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2234 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

K3iii and 35mm macro, from 2023 but just now processed.

IMGP8679 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

And finally some K3iii + 55-300 PLM, a lens I stopped using for a while for no good reason. It really punches above its weight.

IMGP3739 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP3755 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

grover, Gideon Liddiard Photography and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
groverGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory MabenSteve Robinson

Another one from the K-1. It was a grey and overcast day, and being able to go out and not worry about rain was very nice. It also gave me a chance to experiment with high iso. It's been such a long time since I've been able to shoot above ~800 without needing to want heavy noise in my images. This is 3200 and I was extremely impressed how little noise there was. Even at 6400 it looked very good to me.

MFP_0153 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

JBP, grover and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
JBPgroverGideon Liddiard Photography

Hey everyone,

I've been off this forum for a hot second. I went on a family trip for about a month or so during the holidays and took a ton of pictures, then came back and spent a ton of time editing, organizing, and printing them. As a result, I sort of got burnt out on photography for a while and wanted to take break.

Over the long weekend, I took a trip to the Padre Island National Shoreline, and figured I'd bring along a camera.

We drove out onto the beach and ended up having about a quarter mile of beach to ourselves. We set up a tent, but I ended up sleeping right under the sand. It was a beautiful full moon.

I decided to go big (both literally and figuratively) and grabbed the Sony A7II. I was about to roll with my usual 40mm since it has weather sealing, but, but at the last moment decided to go with the the Mamiya 645's 80mm f/1.9 and a Kipon focal reducer.The temptation here was definitely to shoot everything wide open and get a crazy small DOF, but I tried to avoid just using that as a default.

As a side note, upon coming back to taking photos, I found out that Capture One Express isn't a thing anymore??? I guess it's time to actually learn how to use Darktable.

This lens situation is pretty weird. Sometimes the bokeh is smooth, then sometimes it can look a little jittery. Sometimes it vignettes, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's tack-sharp at a given aperture, and sometimes it seems to have a lot of artifacts. I've shot this lens quite a bit on the Mamiya, but mostly with black and white film, and the character is quite different.

Well, everyone's doing well. Glad to see everyone's pics and I hope to be around a little more.

kcphotogeek, JBP and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekJBPgroverGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory Maben
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on May 27, 2024, 2:53 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been off this forum for a hot second. I went on a family trip for about a month or so during the holidays and took a ton of pictures, then came back and spent a ton of time editing, organizing, and printing them. As a result, I sort of got burnt out on photography for a while and wanted to take break.

Over the long weekend, I took a trip to the Padre Island National Shoreline, and figured I'd bring along a camera.

We drove out onto the beach and ended up having about a quarter mile of beach to ourselves. We set up a tent, but I ended up sleeping right under the sand. It was a beautiful full moon.

I decided to go big (both literally and figuratively) and grabbed the Sony A7II. I was about to roll with my usual 40mm since it has weather sealing, but, but at the last moment decided to go with the the Mamiya 645's 80mm f/1.9 and a Kipon focal reducer.The temptation here was definitely to shoot everything wide open and get a crazy small DOF, but I tried to avoid just using that as a default.

As a side note, upon coming back to taking photos, I found out that Capture One Express isn't a thing anymore??? I guess it's time to actually learn how to use Darktable.

This lens situation is pretty weird. Sometimes the bokeh is smooth, then sometimes it can look a little jittery. Sometimes it vignettes, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's tack-sharp at a given aperture, and sometimes it seems to have a lot of artifacts. I've shot this lens quite a bit on the Mamiya, but mostly with black and white film, and the character is quite different.

Well, everyone's doing well. Glad to see everyone's pics and I hope to be around a little more.

Glad you're back, love the photos!! I hear you on getting burnt out. That happens to me when I spend a lot of time processing.

Some shots w/K3iii and 100mm macro. First two are an inchworm climbing his thread.

IMGP3921 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP3977 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP3832 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4029 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Justin Tung, kcphotogeek and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungkcphotogeekgroverGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory Maben
Quote from Justin Tung on May 27, 2024, 2:53 pm

Hey everyone,

Welcome back, photos look great I've consider getting the Kipon focal reducer for my A7 II, maybe I'll take another look for one.

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung
Kieran

So it's been a while since I made a pointless camera purchase, about 8 months. I had to remedy that and bought a Nikon 1 J1 with 10-30mm kit lens for around 90USD including all charges and delivery. I can see why my friend Som in Dublin liked this for street so much, really impressed with the 10-30mm kit lens

Uploaded files:
  • NikJ1052324-036.jpg
  • NikJ1052324-011.jpg
  • NikJ1Test-016.jpg
  • NikJ1Test-015.jpg
  • NikJ1Test-013.jpg
Justin Tung, JBP and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungJBPgroverGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory Maben
Kieran
Quote from Steve Robinson on May 21, 2024, 4:59 pm

A couple from yesterday during a day trip to Yellowstone. The weather was iffy with snow and rain showers and occasional sun. These are not the most critically sharp images because I used a 1.5x TC on my D FA 150-450mm f/4-5.6 on the K-3 III and my shutter speed was lower than I liked.

Considering you used a 1.5x TC on an APSC camera with a 150-450mm lens, I'm pretty darn impressed the pronghorn shot came out as clear/sharp as it did! Nice shot.

Some more film:

MFP_0178 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0170 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0192 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0194 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0196 1 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0183 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0173 1 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

Justin TungkcphotogeekJBPgroverGideon Liddiard Photography

A handful from a DJ event I shot at the weekend.

Full gallery: https://gideonliddiardphotography.com/definitely-not-chris-moyles-baristocats-may

JBP, grover and Cory Maben have reacted to this post.
JBPgroverCory Maben

Finally got to go kayaking. Didn't get to go at all last year, so it was long overdue. Here are some shots with my K-3iii and DA*300. The Osprey is carrying two fish! Wild

IMGP4625-DNG by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4587-DNG by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4426-DNG by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4395-DNG by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Justin TungkcphotogeekgroverGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory Maben
PreviousPage 4 of 6Next