Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your May Photos (2024)

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next
Quote from James Warner on May 13, 2024, 6:52 pm

I was able to catch some of the aurora activity this last weekend. I was sick, but that ended up working out because I couldn't sleep at 3am because of it and thought I might as well wander around town. It was bright enough and our town is small enough that I could even get it over our "downtown" and river dam. Met another photographer out there at 3am, which really shocked me.

Pentax K-1 + IRIX 21mm f1.4 (big fan of this lens, and the manual focus lock!)

Aurora Over River by Snappiness, on Flickr

Been shooting the Ricoh GX200 a lot lately as my daily camera. Makes for some nice snaps.

Mailbox Morning by Snappiness, on Flickr

Foggy Tree by Snappiness, on Flickr

Flowers by Snappiness, on Flickr

Great shots, I love the foggy photos, especially the one of that tree. 

I'm jealous of everyone's aurora photos, I couldn't see anything where I was, which is strange because people near me in latitude were able to see them. I'm not sure if it was just a problem with light pollution or other factors but I missed out. It seems really cool. Maybe that will have to be my first photo trip.

Quote from James Warner on May 13, 2024, 6:52 pm

I was able to catch some of the aurora activity this last weekend. I was sick, but that ended up working out because I couldn't sleep at 3am because of it and thought I might as well wander around town. It was bright enough and our town is small enough that I could even get it over our "downtown" and river dam. Met another photographer out there at 3am, which really shocked me.

Sweet set of photos! I especially like "Mailbox Morning"!

KankRat has reacted to this post.
KankRat

In a stunningly predictable move, here are some from recent gigs.

KankRat, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatkcphotogeekgroverCory Maben

Got out with the K-1 today. Here are some results:

MFP_3603 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_3589 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_3588 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_3520 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

I am very pleased with the image quality. I shot of roll of film at this same location last week, so hopefully I should have those to upload here in the next week or so. But for this trip I took the 43mm limited and the 70-210 f/4-5.6. The 43mm is great as expected with only a tiny bit of softness in the corners. The 70-210 is soft all around wide open, but it's a pleasant dreamy haze that really only becomes a problem when pixel peeping. At viewing size I think it's really nice and it takes a bit of the digital edge off. My copy's zoom ring is awful (but I suspect they are all similarly bad) it has varying degrees of resistance, sometimes getting bound up when turning slowly. But the autofocus works well, it's moderately fast and it's very small and overall I like it a lot. I have it's sibling, the 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5, which I shot most of the film roll on and I love that lens as well, prompting me to pick this one up

KankRat, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatJBPgroverGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from grover on May 13, 2024, 3:48 pm
Quote from KankRat on May 11, 2024, 4:44 pm

I missed the Northen light display.  Here are the sunspots that caused them 200-500mm +1.7 TCII with DIY filter.  A LOT of PP. As Nigel Tufnel would say turn it to 11. 

Sunspots 4-11-24 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Wow neat! Really cool shot / processing.

That big sunspot in the upper right is AR3664.  It's the size of earth x 15. 124,000 miles long.  It generated all the coronal mass ejections that resulted in all the auroras across the country. Glad I at least got a pic of it. 

Here is a cool website.

Homepage | NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center

grover has reacted to this post.
grover

I was in San Francisco last week for work. I thought I'd have plenty of time to try my hand at street photography while I was there. Nope... just work the whole time. After checking out of my hotel I snapped a couple shots of which I was pleasantly surprised. I managed to capture a bit of the magical morning SF light. I really need to go there for a couple of days to take photos. Lot of interesting things to see there.

I used my Olympus E-M5 II with the Olympus 17mm f1.8

P5101627 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P5101628 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P5101632 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P5101636 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P5091624 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P5091603 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

James Warner, Justin Tung and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungKankRatkcphotogeekJBPGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory Maben

I was given a Zenit EM with a 58mm f2 Helios 44M-4 and as well as finishing off a roll of undetermined age Agfa film in it, I also used the Helios on my Olympus E-M1 II via an M42 to M4/3 adaptor. It gives an effective focal length of 116mm and you can get an absurdly shallow depth of field and background blur up close as a result.

A few shots from my first mess around with it on the Oly, just shots in the garden, but this is going to get a lot more use.

James Warner, KankRat and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatkcphotogeekJBPgroverCory Maben

You guys are making me want an Olympus. 

grover and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
groverGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from grover on May 14, 2024, 5:40 pm

I was in San Francisco last week for work. I thought I'd have plenty of time to try my hand at street photography while I was there. Nope... just work the whole time. After checking out of my hotel I snapped a couple shots of which I was pleasantly surprised. I managed to capture a bit of the magical morning SF light. I really need to go there for a couple of days to take photos. Lot of interesting things to see there.

I used my Olympus E-M5 II with the Olympus 17mm f1.8

P5101627 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P5101628 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P5101632 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P5101636 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P5091624 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P5091603 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

Really pretty shots with the golden glow. Almost looks like they were taken in a different era.

grover has reacted to this post.
grover
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from KankRat on May 15, 2024, 12:47 pm

You guys are making me want an Olympus. 

Haha. I'm enjoying m43. I only have three lenses (all primes) and they surpass my expectation and probably contribute a lot to the overall appeal of m43 for me. The photos are embedded from my Flickr account where I think they look a bit sharper.

Gideon Liddiard Photography has reacted to this post.
Gideon Liddiard Photography
PreviousPage 2 of 6Next