Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your May photos (2022)

PreviousPage 5 of 5
Quote from James Warner on June 1, 2022, 8:06 pm
Quote from KankRat on May 30, 2022, 5:43 pm

Northern water snakes mating.  These are non-venomous.

DSC_3751 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Again same species "yawning". They are actually stretching and realigning their jaws after a big meal DSC_3603 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

A tight crop of the above just because. How often doing you get this view? DSC_3603-2 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

A carpenter bee (me thinks) in flight

DSC_3651 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

The snake with the mouth open is just too cool of a shot. I see snakes here and there biking around around, but so far just rattlers and coral snakes - neither I am too fond of seeing, especially when barreling down a rocky trail at high speeds... But I do want to because less scared of non-venomous snakes at least. They are cool creatures.

You are lucky.  I have yet to see a rattler or coral snake, or any wild venomous species. Don't get bit.  I know about 10 guys between 40 and 50 that are field herpers- hobbyists that look for wild reptiles and amphibians.  They don't keep them.  Just find them, maybe take pictures then let them go,.

Quote from PentaxEd on May 28, 2022, 9:36 pm

Shots taken in my backyard with my new Pentax K3 (just got a few days ago) using my vintage lens 50mm f1.7. So much fun!

Great shots!! I would frame and hang the moss photo.

Quote from KankRat on May 30, 2022, 5:47 pm

A yellow warbler.  With gas over 5 bucks a gallon here, I have been staying close to home. Maybe it's a good thing

DSC_3731 by Mark Kasick, on Flick DSC_3713 by Mark Kasick, on Flick DSC_3725 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Great photos as always. I hear you about gas prices and travel... it's all fun and games until you're at the pump again. 😅

PreviousPage 5 of 5