Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your May photos!

Page 1 of 4Next

Like we did before (and then kinda skipped April, oops.) I'm curious what everyone is shooting this month. Just daily snaps. Nothing fancy.

I have been mostly in my backyard. I took a break shooting my vintage lenses the last few months, so I thought I'd bust one out. Here's the Super Takumar 50mm f4 on my Pentax K-1.

SpruceBruce, Deleted user and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDeleted usersirfranski
Happy snappin' 🙂

Is that a macro M42 lens?  It really pops, I like the 2nd shot and how much depth it pulls.

First 3 are from my Pentax KP and the DA 50-200 and 35mm Macro Limited.  And the last two are from my Moto G Stylus phone camera which shoots RAW.   I feel dirty shooting with it, but it pulls its own weight for a small sensor.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP7621.jpg
  • IMGP7598.jpg
  • IMGP0008-1.jpg
  • IMG_20210501_202526874.jpg
  • IMG_20210417_202721226-2.jpg
James Warner, Deleted user and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
James WarnerDeleted usersirfranski
Quote from SpruceBruce on May 4, 2021, 3:02 am

Is that a macro M42 lens?  It really pops, I like the 2nd shot and how much depth it pulls.

Yeah it's M42. I have the little screw adapter to make it fit my K mount bodies.

Where were you that had wild turkeys that big? We have wild turkeys in Texas, but they are scrawny little things.

SpruceBruce and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucesirfranski
Happy snappin' 🙂

Central Minnesota, about 45 minutes west of Minneapolis.  Somehow they fight through the negative sixty windchill of February.

Whilst testing a used lens I bought for my father-in-law (Canon 300mm f4 on a Canon 40D I own) I was taking pictures in the woods when I turned around and saw a baby barred owl! Amazing! Not a great shot, but an amazing thing to behold 🙂

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucesirfranski
Happy snappin' 🙂

Kinda cool moody shot. Walking through the woods early in the morning with my telephoto.

SpruceBrucesirfranski
Happy snappin' 🙂

Everyone that posts here takes such great photos!

These were all shot with my LG G8 phone. I'm presently traveling the country, living out of my truck. Sometimes I just don't grab my camera. I like the pics this phone can snag sometimes.

This is my new IG. I'm not a social media person, but started this so friends & family can see where I am, & what I'm up to. Take it easy all!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNMhPNwl57S/?igshid=nld83itcmat8

Uploaded files:
  • 0429211233a2.jpg
  • 0429211238a2.jpg
  • 04292112382.jpg
  • 0504211404b2.jpg
  • 0420211109b2.jpg
SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Jason Szafranski
Quote from sirfranski on May 9, 2021, 9:54 am

I'm presently traveling the country, living out of my truck. Sometimes I just don't grab my camera. I like the pics this phone can snag sometimes.

Um, that's cool. What an adventure. I have been to that St. Louis arch (grew up partly in Missouri). And I see on your Instagram you were at the badlands. I've been there twice and enjoyed both times. I recall further west in South Dakota the Black Hills forest was beautiful. I would really like to go back there.

Have fun with your travels and keep documenting them!

SpruceBrucesirfranski
Happy snappin' 🙂

Drove down the Mississippi River from Minneapolis to Lake City, always find roadside gems to photograph.  Shot on my Pentax KP and DA 15mm Limited.  And my front yards crabapple in full bloom.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP00282.jpg
  • IMGP0022-1.jpg
  • IMGP0016-2.jpg
  • IMGP0011.jpg
  • IMGP0007-1.jpg
James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner

A snap from just a couple of days ago. It's a solar halo caused by ice crystals high in the atmosphere.

A solar halo

Not with a Pentax, but with an iPhone 11.

Beau Carpenter and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruce
Page 1 of 4Next