Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your March 2022 Photos!

PreviousPage 9 of 11Next
Quote from red5isalive on March 24, 2022, 5:39 pm
Quote from kcphotogeek on March 24, 2022, 3:04 pm

A few night time urban shots taken with the SMC Takumar 50mm F1.4 adapted to the Sony A7 II. It's been so nice to be able to make more time for photography this month

Beautiful shots.

I do also have the Takumar but I have to use it more often.

I love the 1st but better the 2nd image, in my imaginary is more likely to look alike a US/Canadian city. I don't know if that is the case thought.

3rd is also nice.

Thanks, I'm currently based in Manila, Philippines originally from Ireland. These pics are a series, something I'm trying to do is connect my shot together to form a narrative. Here I start with a wide shot, go into a tighter scene then eventually taking a macro or abstract shot. I find it helps guide my photography when I'm out.

Daniel Gonzalez and TSTS have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezTSTS
Kieran

sadly I have been having a hard time finding the motivation to go out and shoot for a while now but here's a photo from my balcony that I took yesterday

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20220326_085339.jpg
Tristan Carlos, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosSpruceBrucedenniscrommettTSTSJBP

Some more flowers. I believe the exact same spot as my last post, but this time there are two. Maybe next time there will be three, and so on.๐Ÿ˜‰

And a birb. Very low detail but this guy was suuper far away and I was surprised I was able to have any detail left at all after cropping in.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP8273.jpg
  • IMGP8241.jpg
Tristan Carlos, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettkcphotogeekTSTS

A shot from my bike ride today. This red kite popped up of nowhere when I was on my way home. I quickly hopped off my bike, opened my backpack, grabbed the KP and had about a 3 second windows to shoot and then it was gone.

First image is uncropped. 2nd is cropped.

Pentax FA* 300mm 4.5 @ 5.6, 1/1000s, ISO 400, Pentax KP
TAV mode, AF-C, AF Auto 9

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP9965_1.JPG
  • IMGP9965_1_cropped.JPG
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettJBP
Quote from tristancarlos on March 27, 2022, 5:36 pm

A shot from my bike ride today. This red kite popped up of nowhere when I was on my way home. I quickly hopped off my bike, opened my backpack, grabbed the KP and had about a 3 second windows to shoot and then it was gone.

Fantastic!! KP quick draw. ๐Ÿ˜

This is my method of shooting too ๐Ÿ˜‚ Bike around, hop off, pull camera out as quickly as possible and hope it doesn't fly away in the time being. I've missed quite a few birds this way, but I think I still find more birds by biking around than if I picked a spot and hiked. I can cover so much ground. Plus, it's my exercise time and I just make an excuse to bring the camera ๐Ÿ˜‰ Nice shots of the bird!

I tried astrotracer type 3 on the Pentax K-3III the other night. Worked really well! This is a single shot. Imagine if I took the time to stack...

Orion's Nebula by Snappiness, on Flickr

Black and white IR shot of waterfall on the Sony F-828

Gorman Falls by Snappiness, on Flickr

Tristan Carlos, Justin Tung and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosJustin TungSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazsdenniscrommettkcphotogeekTSTSJBP
Happy snappin' ๐Ÿ™‚
Quote from James Warner on March 28, 2022, 11:44 am

This is my method of shooting too ๐Ÿ˜‚ Bike around, hop off, pull camera out as quickly as possible and hope it doesn't fly away in the time being. I've missed quite a few birds this way, but I think I still find more birds by biking around than if I picked a spot and hiked. I can cover so much ground. Plus, it's my exercise time and I just make an excuse to bring the camera ๐Ÿ˜‰ Nice shots of the bird!

I tried astrotracer type 3 on the Pentax K-3III the other night. Worked really well! This is a single shot. Imagine if I took the time to stack...

Orion's Nebula by Snappiness, on Flickr

Black and white IR shot of waterfall on the Sony F-828

Gorman Falls by Snappiness, on Flickr

Woah! It works far better than I thought it would. It sounds a little makeshift compared to the GPS module but it turns out Pentax wasn't just throwing it in for marketing purposes - it really works. Very neat and clever use of IBIS. ๐Ÿ™‚ It's amazing to me that we (well, not me, but other people haha) can take such photographs with our little cameras.

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett

Totally, that is so cool @james-warner-b, I would feel pretty blown away if I managed to take a photo like that! So cool. That IR waterfall is cool too.

@jbp, such a nice flower! @tristanludlow, rad bird! @kcphotogeek, such cool city shots, that continue to make me intrigued about the Sony A7II, which I know you use too, @justintung. I'm still on the Fuji X100F train but keep thinking about that whole full frame situation.

@gawad, I hear you, but that is a lovely photo ofย  your balcony! I like to think about the topic of creative motivation, which I know can be tough to find sometimes. Then there's the whole issue of feeling motivated to share what we do/make. I try to remember that in general, and at least speaking for myself: 1) People like to see and hear beautiful things. 2) There's only one of each of us, who makes the exact things we make. I know I for one come to this site often to see peoples' photos, as it's so interesting to see what all of you all over the world walked by and thought "huh, cool."

Which reminds me, @james-warner-b -- I don't know if there's any way to do this, but I wonder if it'd be possible for people to (optionally) put somewhere where they're from? Always kinda interesting to me.

kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekJBP
Quote from denniscrommett on March 28, 2022, 7:36 pm

@gawad, I hear you, but that is a lovely photo ofย  your balcony! I like to think about the topic of creative motivation, which I know can be tough to find sometimes. Then there's the whole issue of feeling motivated to share what we do/make. I try to remember that in general, and at least speaking for myself: 1) People like to see and hear beautiful things. 2) There's only one of each of us, who makes the exact things we make. I know I for one come to this site often to see peoples' photos, as it's so interesting to see what all of you all over the world walked by and thought "huh, cool."

Well said, I agree 100%.

Here's some from a snowy, bitter cold hike yesterday. My wife hates that weather but I got her a new-used camera for her birthday and she was excited to use it. It made me happy to not be the only one snapping out there. I had gotten her a Canon G7XII a few Christmases ago but that one definitely didn't click with her. This Olympus EM10II is an absolute gem of a camera and she seems to have taken to it. Now I want one myself... when I said that out loud I was told by her "nah, you're a Pentaxian." OK, I'll take the hint. I'll stay in my lane and let her have her own thing haha. But man is it such a fun little camera!

I've snuck one of her photos in, it's the one of the stream. Nice!

Here she is in action. I'm allowed to share this because you can't see her face. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜†

IMGP8371 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Here you can see how much snow we were getting.
 IMGP8310 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8338 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8359 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8381 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Uploaded files:
  • P3270086.jpg
Tristan Carlos, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeek

@denniscrommett yes the A7 II is still good despite being nearly 8yrs old. I was able to get it new last year with a 3yr warranty from a Sony dealer here in Manila for around 950usd, I wanted to just use old vintage lenses on a full frame camera, I've also been repairing old lenses so it's good to test them on the initial film/sensor size they are designed for.

I've used this alongside the Pentax K-70 for cityscapes sometimes and honestly the A7 II often seems very barebones in terms of features compared to the Pentax (even compared to the K-5) but the image from the A7 II is nice also if you are planning to use this camera like I do the lack of features is actually a plus as I just have the camera setup for manual focus. The low light isn't as good as the later A7 models but with low to moderate noise reduction software I don't find this to be an issue. Here in the Philippines I've seen them secondhand in reasonable condition for as low as 600USD. I'd feel comfortable recommending the A7 II at that price range to anyone. Hope this helps

denniscrommett and JBP have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettJBP
Kieran
PreviousPage 9 of 11Next