Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your March 2022 Photos!

PreviousPage 4 of 11Next
Quote from kcphotogeek on March 11, 2022, 5:00 am

Hi Everyone. Some pics taken with a combo I hadn't used in a while the Lumix GX80 w/ 25mm F1.7 Lumix G lens. I do wish my GR III had a tilting screen but will likely still sell the GX80 camera just doing some tests to make sure it's all working as expected before I list it

Funny you are doing this now! I bought a cheap GX1 and the highly recommended 20mm f1.7 to play with as my poor mans griii x. The idea being a daily carry 40mm, whereas my current favorite 40mm is my 43mm on my beastly K-1. Not exactly a great daily carry. I stole the idea from @agentlossing.

I am super impressed with the image quality! This lens is incredibly sharp. I don't know what I was expecting. I guess just okay quality. But it's really amazing. I am starting to get the m43 obsession...

That's not to say you're doing the wrong thing. I definitely prefer the pocketability of my GR and those GR pictures are also something else. But I have a new found respect for this little camera and lens.

Here's a shot cropped in lightroom so you can see the detail. Crazy. I guess it's not a secret - people have recommended this lens to me for a long time lol

Uploaded files:
  • Screen-Shot-2022-03-11-at-1.10.11-PM.png
SpruceBruce, Gawad and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazskcphotogeekTSTSJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

hello everyone, sorry for not being as active but I haven't been going out and shooting as much.

However I did go for a walk yesterday morning and finally got to test out the xpro1 in good lighting, and I was not disappointed by the image quality

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20220311_225438.jpg
  • IMG_20220311_225133.jpg
  • IMG_20220311_104251.jpg
  • IMG_20220312_043413.jpg
  • IMG_20220312_034721.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceHeggenDazsdenniscrommettTSTSJBP
Quote from Gawad on March 12, 2022, 2:43 am

hello everyone, sorry for not being as active but I haven't been going out and shooting as much.

However I did go for a walk yesterday morning and finally got to test out the xpro1 in good lighting, and I was not disappointed by the image quality

Any day you get to get out and take pictures is a good day 🙂

Here's some from a short bike trip I took the other day. On the Pentax K-5iis with the Pentax-F 50mm f1.7. The super sharp $60 vintage lens 🙂 (I got mine for $25 attached to an old SF-10 that someone forgot to mention which lens came with it 😄)

Hill Country State Natural Area by Snappiness, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, HeggenDazs and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazsdenniscrommettTSTSJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from SpruceBruce on March 10, 2022, 3:49 am

@JBP I love those Helios shots you’ve taken, plus it seems spring is bleeding through the NE now!  It’s gonna be below zero tomorrow tonight where I live...in March of all months lol.

Yeah the spark plugs were my fave shot too lol!

@heggendazs I like the multi exposure, it’s definitely super mesmerizing!

KP & 18-135 WR/55-300 PLM

A eagle heavily cropped and with a sharpening mask, I’m definitely not a BIF wildlife guy....

An abandoned farmstead I ran across in Western Wisconsin today.

Thank you! The farmstead shots are great. I bet that was fun to explore.

Quote from kcphotogeek on March 11, 2022, 5:00 am

Hi Everyone. Some pics taken with a combo I hadn't used in a while the Lumix GX80 w/ 25mm F1.7 Lumix G lens. I do wish my GR III had a tilting screen but will likely still sell the GX80 camera just doing some tests to make sure it's all working as expected before I list it

Very nice street photography! Great composition in each one.

Quote from Gawad on March 12, 2022, 2:43 am

Great images! The second one is my favorite, I really love the row of shaded trees framing the man in the middle.

Gawad and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
GawadHeggenDazs

This weekend we had what may have been our last snow of the season. Fortunately I was able to get out yesterday for a quick hike. The birds were happy chirping and singing and dusk was approaching so the deer were active. Just a great day in the woods. I took my 55-300 DAL which is slow and feels ancient but aside from autofocus it does not let me down. I was hoping for an owl or fox shot but this little female cardinal was the only one who would model for me. One with her wig, one without. 😆

I guess my K-3 is a bit noisy at 1600 ISO, but I seem to care less about that with time.

IMGP7317 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7320 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

I also got some astro photography, no astrotracer required! 😉 I did clean this one up with noise reduction in the sky, but not the moon, because I wanted the texture on the moon to stand out.

IMGP7311 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

This one I hesitate sharing because it looks so processed, but all I did was crop in. No fancy software stuff. I thought the light rays around the limbs was neat, and the forest looked like it was on fire (thankfully, it was not!).

IMGP7323

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazsdenniscrommettTSTS

Spire by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Skyscraper by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Red Wall by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Human Intervention by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Snack Shack by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Yearning by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Pueblo by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Underground by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Lone Tree by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Power by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Empty by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Colorado has A LOT that you can take photos of. I'm literally sifting through piles of hundreds and hundreds of photos to decide what has potential as an edit. I'm absolutely loving it out here. Sadly, I'll be heading back to the midwest here tomorrow but I'll have many, many more photos to edit long after I get back home, I feel.

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettTSTSJBP

One of the many monk parrots in my hood.  It's pretty strange to see a bright green bird (which you would normally associate with tropics ) with snow everywhere.  We have a lot of these guys.

Chicagoland Monk Parrot by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

TSTS, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
TSTSSpruceBruceGawadJBP
Quote from KankRat on March 15, 2022, 5:39 pm

One of the many monk parrots in my hood.  It's pretty strange to see a bright green bird (which you would normally associate with tropics ) with snow everywhere.  We have a lot of these guys.

Chicagoland Monk Parrot by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Nice photo. He's sizing you up, I think. I had a pet Monk as a kid. They are pretty smart little fellas. Mine could talk a bit. He was mean as hell in his cage, you couldn't get him out without getting bitten. Once he was out he was an angel. 🤣 I had long hair then and he liked to sit on my shoulder and try to hide in it. He could say "peekaboo" so you can imagine how that went. Yes, I was a weird kid with a weird bird.

It is surprising that they can survive the winter. I don't know of any other parrot that can. In fact I recall all the parrot care resources I saw back then warned about even having them near a window in the winter due to drafts. I think these guys are considered a pest in many places, and they were (are?) actually illegal to own in Pennsylvania where I live. I remember thinking that was odd since they're also called Quaker Parrots. 😆 But I read they got that name because they shake as chicks.

Hah! I thought I had a photo of him on Flickr. Here he is. I thought this was taken with my K10D but it says 2006... pretty sure I didn't have it until 2008 or so. Anyway, thank you for the blast from the past.

My Quaker Parrot by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

You know those things everyone likes that everyone likes so no one likes it, like the Pumpkin Spice Latte? I got an Canon AE-1 Program, easily one of the most overhyped SLRs nowadays. In my defense, I saw one pop up on facebook marketplace with the 50/1.8 and, most interestingly, a databack for relatively cheap, so I figured I might as well give it a shot.

So the camera is in great condition. All these shots were taken with the automatic exposure mode, and the camera seems to have nailed it every time.

The film though, however, was a challenge. A while ago, someone was selling a 100 ft roll of Arista EDU 400 on fbm for pretty cheap, and the image on the ad listing showed an expiration of 2018. Just 4 years? Psh. no problem. I bought it. When it arrived though, It had actually expired in 2008. 14 years, and a whole different kettle of kittens. So I was bulkloading for the first time with untested canisters with a pretty expired film that I had no idea about the storage history of, that I was shooting in an untested camera. On top of that I had development issues that were caused by my stupidity.

So I did my best with the scan, and a good number of the shots... look like images haha. Sometimes that's enough for me. The Data back seems to work perfectly fine too, so that's nice.

SpruceBruce, HeggenDazs and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazsdenniscrommettTSTS
Ever striving for minimum competency
PreviousPage 4 of 11Next