Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your March 2022 Photos!

PreviousPage 3 of 11Next

The sky in those photos has a really nice dreamy quality to it. I'm really liking the Satobi profile pics I'm seeing from K-1 & K-3iii owners. I hope Pentax comes out with more profiles and makes it easy to switch between them on the fly (maybe it already is, I dunno. On the K-3 mark 1 I have to menu dive a bit for that).

Parking by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Open by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

some casual photos I've snapped while out and around. I just keep one of the Pentax Q's in my pocket at all times now just in case some inspiration finds me.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawadJBP

This might be my favorite share thread so far because I love seeing all the spring shots. Keep the new growth coming! @jbp is killing it with that Helios.

Here's something different. I tried to mimic some of my favorite qualities of accidentally exposed film and out-of-date film by doing a multi-exposure digital edit. Would love to hear some feedback on my attempt.

Bad Film by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, Gawad and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettJBP

The new JPEG profile seems a tad flat/desaturated for my own personal use, how does it fare overexposed?  I do like the fact that they’re investing into creating a JPEG profile beyond the defaults!  I’d love if they would attempt the Fuji Acros look since I’m a lover of all things monochrome

KP & SMC M 50mm F2.  Some roadside abandoned rail equipment.  Wishing spring would hurry up in Minnesota.  I’m running out of patience with the dead brown and white landscape.

Gawad, HeggenDazs and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
GawadHeggenDazsdenniscrommettkcphotogeekTSTSJBP
Quote from HeggenDazs on March 8, 2022, 5:26 pm

Here's something different. I tried to mimic some of my favorite qualities of accidentally exposed film and out-of-date film by doing a multi-exposure digital edit. Would love to hear some feedback on my attempt.

That's awesome! The streaky yellow highlights were a nice shot. Is that just a shaky longer exposure that got blurred? And are you doing this in-camera or after in editing? I know at least my K-1 has several multi exposure options. I played with it once to do the classic face silhouette against the sky that then is filled with your next picture. I haven't had any good ideas since then though of what to do with it.

Quote from SpruceBruce on March 9, 2022, 5:42 am

The new JPEG profile seems a tad flat/desaturated for my own personal use, how does it fare overexposed?  I do like the fact that they’re investing into creating a JPEG profile beyond the defaults!  I’d love if they would attempt the Fuji Acros look since I’m a lover of all things monochrome

KP & SMC M 50mm F2.  Some roadside abandoned rail equipment.  Wishing spring would hurry up in Minnesota.  I’m running out of patience with the dead brown and white landscape.

It really desaturates the yellows/reds, and then blues are shifted. So a deep blue sky comes out light blue. The picture with the road work vehicle is a good example because it has a lot of the colors going on so you can kind of see what it does. I kind of like it. Something new to try. I agree that the idea of Pentax making more of these profiles is a welcome addition. Would love to see more film like simulations. It's just fun to see a scene and trying to envision how it would look like in a certain profile, and then pick that profile and shoot it. The only fuji I've owned was the xpro-1 and it only had a few of the film simulations but it was really fun that way. I imagine newer fujis have even more.

@heggendazs you should try it on your K-1 and see what you think.

SpruceBruce, HeggenDazs and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazsdenniscrommettJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from HeggenDazs on March 8, 2022, 5:19 pm

This might be my favorite share thread so far because I love seeing all the spring shots. Keep the new growth coming! @jbp is killing it with that Helios.

Thank you!

That's really neat! I haven't played around with multi-exposure in a while. Did you use 3 photos for this?

Love it! The spark plugs photo is my favorite of the three. 👍

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeek
Quote from James Warner on March 9, 2022, 12:33 pm

That's awesome! The streaky yellow highlights were a nice shot. Is that just a shaky longer exposure that got blurred? And are you doing this in-camera or after in editing? I know at least my K-1 has several multi exposure options. I played with it once to do the classic face silhouette against the sky that then is filled with your next picture. I haven't had any good ideas since then though of what to do with it.

It really desaturates the yellows/reds, and then blues are shifted. So a deep blue sky comes out light blue. The picture with the road work vehicle is a good example because it has a lot of the colors going on so you can kind of see what it does. I kind of like it. Something new to try. I agree that the idea of Pentax making more of these profiles is a welcome addition. Would love to see more film like simulations. It's just fun to see a scene and trying to envision how it would look like in a certain profile, and then pick that profile and shoot it. The only fuji I've owned was the xpro-1 and it only had a few of the film simulations but it was really fun that way. I imagine newer fujis have even more.

@heggendazs you should try it on your K-1 and see what you think.

I don't think the Q has a multi-exposure setting, so this shot was thrown together in ON1, my preferred RAW processor. I used 3 shots, a half second shot where I panned down for a blinking trail of lights and a 6 second exposure where I just kinda spun the camera around like a madman. The 6 second shot is what gives the big streaky lighting up in the upper parts of the shot. I took it into ON1 and slowly changed opacity of each layer, contrasts and highlight/shadow configurations until I got the shot I wanted.

SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeek

@JBP I love those Helios shots you’ve taken, plus it seems spring is bleeding through the NE now!  It’s gonna be below zero tomorrow tonight where I live...in March of all months lol.

Yeah the spark plugs were my fave shot too lol!

@heggendazs I like the multi exposure, it’s definitely super mesmerizing!

KP & 18-135 WR/55-300 PLM

A eagle heavily cropped and with a sharpening mask, I’m definitely not a BIF wildlife guy....

An abandoned farmstead I ran across in Western Wisconsin today.

James Warner, Gawad and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerGawadHeggenDazsdenniscrommettkcphotogeekTSTSJBP

Hi Everyone. Some pics taken with a combo I hadn't used in a while the Lumix GX80 w/ 25mm F1.7 Lumix G lens. I do wish my GR III had a tilting screen but will likely still sell the GX80 camera just doing some tests to make sure it's all working as expected before I list it

Uploaded files:
  • P1100210.jpg
  • P1100207.jpg
  • P1100173.jpg
  • P1100220.jpg
SpruceBruce, HeggenDazs and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazsTSTSJBP
Kieran
PreviousPage 3 of 11Next