Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your March 2022 Photos!

PreviousPage 2 of 11Next
Quote from HeggenDazs on March 4, 2022, 1:44 pm

@ahoyhere yeah basically my plan was to get a large subject all in focus while keeping the background decently in the bokeh. This just turned into headaches as I tried to figure out focus stacking. I did eventually get a grasp on it but I received my backdrop paper so I just kinda went “oh no! Looks like I don’t have to do all this work after all.” 😂 And went to f/16 to capture the whole camera on the paper. I’ll give it another go at some point.

@james-warner-b that looks interesting. If I had to try and describe that jpeg profile, maybe like color graded or something like that? It looks like a still from a show or movie. They only released it in the K-1? I’ll have upgrade mine tonight and have a go with that jpeg profile.

I tried focus stacking recently as well for macro inside my home. Never seemed to take enough photos to get it perfect, but kind of got over it and haven't tried since. I figure if I need to use it "in the field" I'll just take a *ton* of photos and it should work out haha. I want to try it out with landscape at some point... saw a video on youtube  of someone (Thomas Heaton probably) using it to have a large stone in the foreground in focus, the middle out of focus, and a castle in the background in focus and the result was great. Been wanting to try that ever since.

I believe Satobi is on the K-3iii as well. Would be cool if they keep releasing these profiles. I'd be so stoked if they did so for the older cameras like the K-3 as well, but that's wishful thinking. It looks neat, kind of muted and retro.

Quote from HeggenDazs on March 4, 2022, 1:44 pm

@james-warner-b that looks interesting. If I had to try and describe that jpeg profile, maybe like color graded or something like that? It looks like a still from a show or movie. They only released it in the K-1? I’ll have upgrade mine tonight and have a go with that jpeg profile.

The official description from Pentax says it's supposed to be a "tone similar to color photos from the 60 and 70s with colors such as distinctive cyan blue, dull yellow, and faded red." https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/custom_image/

Nothing someone couldn't just do in post themselves, but that's the same with anything. Just interesting Pentax decided to make one as JPEG profiles have picked up steam the last few years. I've certainly enjoyed looking up recipes people put out and trying them myself.

It was released on the Pentax K-3III a few months ago, and just the other day was released to K-1 and K-1 II. Which is cool. K-1 is what, five years old now? Wouldn't mind receiving more updates for it 🙂

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Some more with my lovely Helios on a hike today. This is a trail I've never been to before, and I was trying to go to the overlook. I never made it there, ended up on the wrong trail (ironically named "Blunder Trail"). The one I needed to be on had no markings at the trail head. Doh! Something to look forward to for next time.

I took a lot of photos with 3 different lenses. Of those, I took relatively few with the Helios, yet those are the only ones I thought were good enough to share! I think I should just leave it on the camera more... 😀

These are all developed in-camera, something I wish I had started doing sooner.

IMGP6898 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6910 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6906 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6904 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6902 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, KankRat and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatSpruceBruceHeggenDazsdenniscrommettTSTS
Quote from JBP on March 6, 2022, 1:58 am

Some more with my lovely Helios on a hike today. This is a trail I've never been to before, and I was trying to go to the overlook. I never made it there, ended up on the wrong trail (ironically named "Blunder Trail"). The one I needed to be on had no markings at the trail head. Doh! Something to look forward to for next time.

I took a lot of photos with 3 different lenses. Of those, I took relatively few with the Helios, yet those are the only ones I thought were good enough to share! I think I should just leave it on the camera more... 😀

These are all developed in-camera, something I wish I had started doing sooner.

IMGP6898 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6910 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6906 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6904 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6902 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

I love these painted rocks with "feel good messages" .  What a nice thing to do.  It must be a. thing today.  I found three or four in different places.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

Boy was it windy here in the Windy City last night.  My freaking gas grill blew over!

Yesterday was unseasonably 70F or close to it.  This is the crack of dawn on the lake.  That Tamron 17-50 is not a bad lens.  Mine was super cheap in perfect condition. I'm finding it to be quite a good lens, though going out to 70 or 80 might be better. It came in a Pentax mount too.  The Photouniverse guy loved it.

Cal Park Launch by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Here is one more from when the sun came up.

Deer Can't Read by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Technically I live in the suburbs of Chicago, but you can almost see the city line from my kitchen. I commute 40 miles into the heart of the burbs, which I have to say other than wildlife encounters is astonishingly lame. It's to the point where I really don't feel like lugging my camera to and from work.

Downtown Chicago is beautiful, but there are soooo many people shooting it.  Quite well I might add.

Saturday morning I was headed back from the south east side I spotted this old tavern with a stone "Schlitz Beer" sign actually in stone.  It was built in 1907 when apparently beer companies just built taverns to sell their beer exclusively.  Think about that...1907.  Lighting was no good, so I'll have to go back and shoot that one.  I'm thinking about the Pentax 67 I have.  With Ilford Pan F. 50 asa.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceHeggenDazsTSTSJBP

New growth and sunlight! Had a great hike yesterday testing out a new baby carrier. It is difficult to take photos with a squirming human on your back, and especially difficult to take ground-level ones, but it makes for a great workout! 😆

IMGP7029 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6978 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

KankRat, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruceHeggenDazsTSTS
Quote from JBP on March 7, 2022, 6:04 pm

New growth and sunlight! Had a great hike yesterday testing out a new baby carrier. It is difficult to take photos with a squirming human on your back, and especially difficult to take ground-level ones, but it makes for a great workout! 😆

First shot is skunk cabbage.

Quote from KankRat on March 7, 2022, 6:08 pm

That makes sense, it was a wetland area. I know what they look like once grown, but I guess I never noticed them this early on so I didn't know what I was looking at - thank you!

Quote from JBP on March 7, 2022, 7:19 pm
Quote from KankRat on March 7, 2022, 6:08 pm

That makes sense, it was a wetland area. I know what they look like once grown, but I guess I never noticed them this early on so I didn't know what I was looking at - thank you!

Generally the one of the first green things to emerge.

Lol, I can relate. I have become quite effective at stabilizing a camera while little fingers pull my hair or pinch my ear 😉 Nice work!

More Satobi profile pictures on my K-1 and 50mm f1.2 lens. Speaking of kids - taken while on a walk around the neighborhood with one of mine. He's pretty patient with my pictures taking. The older one, not so much.

Sort of boring suburb stuff, but I like the challenge of trying to find photographic scenes in the most dull environment I can think of. That's what I tell myself at least. Some weeks there just isn't time to travel anywhere else. And that's okay.

SATOBI by Snappiness, on Flickr

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceHeggenDazsTSTSJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 2 of 11Next